AN HOUR AGO Annoying allergies bringing you down? Here are some great tips on how to handle them! http://t.co/bJKAEMwthV

2 HOURS AGO #DailyQuiz Do you think you’re a good friend? #FindOutHere http://t.co/TjwjwcdfYZ

3 HOURS AGO Running out of time and hungry? Here are some great quick and easy snacks for you on the go! http://t.co/ouxTdKAWHT

COMMENTS

Do I have to wear a sports bra when I work out?

All of my friends change into sports bras for gym class and practice, and they say I should to. But do I have to? Sports bras...

I wear sports bras all day, every day during the week. I just find them more comfortable and I think they give more support in the places that count Smile

by the_girl_in_goal on 2/16/2013 3:17:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm in sixth grade.I've never had a bra before but my mom bought me six of those built in bra tank tops from Justice.I need a bra though.I'm going to do track in the spring, and my friend told me the shirt is like a thick strap tanktop with our school colors on it and running shorts.She told me that they make you wear a sports bra.Should I tell my mom now or wait and see if the give us a paper about it when track starts?My mom was born in Africa so she wasn't really born with bras, and she only has like 3 now.But anyway I have to wear those tanktops EVERY DAY because they're like my bras, and I want real bras.Trust me my boobs are big enough for them, and even my friends who are tiny wear them!Maybe my mom just hasn't noticed yet.What do I do?

Hey girl, I think you should tell you mom now. If she is already starting to buy you bras, then there is no harm in asking now. She'll completely understand.

lauren r.

by katniss50309 on 1/27/2013 8:47:47 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm so scared! Tomorrow my gym class for school is supposed to be evaluated for swimming by our teacher because we've been in the swimming unit for I think 1-1 1/2 weeks now. But my period decided to show up today (My second one ever) 2 weeks early!!!! I have like 5 tampons from th kit they gave us at school last year but I don't even know how to use them plus I don't think I'll be able to do it........ Should I try inserting the tampon (it's kinda late here it's like almost midnight) or should I just tell my pe teach (she's a girl) that I won't be able to swim???

Hey girl! If your teacher is a girl and you feel comfortable, you could try telling her about the sitch. She may not let you out of it though, so be ready for that. A lot of women like to not be hindered by their period, so they work hard to do everything they normally do while on their periods. If your teacher is like that she may make you do it anyway! Bring tampons along to school just in case. Good luck!

xoxo

Katie L.

by kat_13 on 11/14/2012 1:28:57 AM

im in a c so yea. sports bra for me! Frown

by asacraig on 10/23/2012 6:21:08 PM

I had my period pretty regularly for bout 7 months but now I haven't gotten it for 10 months... Is that bad?

Helen S.

by zoe99 on 9/29/2012 1:28:12 PM

Do you have any workouts that can shed a few pounds? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Take a look through here, http://www.girlslife.com/category/workouts.aspx

If you take the workouts seriously and do them a few times a week, you should start to see some results.

But, keep in mine that your eating habits have the biggest role in your weight.

Jordan S.

by jklolsmile on 9/28/2012 6:19:36 PM

Even if you aren't really big, you should still wear a sports bra that fits well with lots of support when your chest will be bouncing because if you don't it can actually cause SAGGY BOOBS. When your boobs bounce around a lot the Cooper's ligament stretches, but it can't return to it's original condition so that makes your breasts sag. (Learned this in my sports medicine class)

by danser411 on 9/21/2012 6:52:42 PM

Even if you arent very big, and a lot of us arent, its still good to wear a sports bra. And it feels like things arent moving around as much, plus you can sometimes just wear the bra and people think its just a top. A few times I was complimented on my nice top and I was thinking he complimented my bra.

by fashionqn on 9/21/2012 10:31:50 AM

In my athletics class at school since run outside when its 90-100 degrees and sunny a normal bra a just gets disgusting and doesn't hold up.

by myipodrox16 on 9/19/2012 9:33:16 PM

I know this is random but today I got hit in the chest in gym with a rugby ball and it HURT! Frown

by Glitterheart16 on 9/19/2012 9:11:02 PM

I just wear my normal everyday bra. My breasts really aren't that big. (I'm an A) Sports bras are really comfy though Smile I wear them under shirts with big pit holes.

by YouCanCallMeCat on 9/19/2012 8:11:13 PM

MOD, MOD, MOD
Thanks,I was wondering what are some exercises to slim down the fat under your arm by your arm pit?

by lotsaluv101 on 9/19/2012 7:31:09 PM

you should wear a sports bra whenever you work out...if you dont the cartilage in your breasts tears, eventually leading to sagging. I just keep a spare sports bra in my gym locker and put it on on top of my regular one..not that big a deal!

by horsie9000 on 9/19/2012 6:07:55 PM

me too, we dont have to change for pe. PHEW! Smile

by lotsaluv101 on 9/19/2012 5:32:35 PM

i wear one when i work out at home but at school i dont have any time and plus its uncomfortable

by jadarocks2401 on 9/19/2012 4:51:26 PM