3 HOURS AGO November's almost over... How's your #NaNoWriMo novel coming?

4 HOURS AGO What lip color should you *really* be wearing?

6 HOURS AGO Uh-oh, are you using the wrong type of brush? Find out here:

Our cruelty-free beauty faves

We know GL readers love makeup, but we also know how much you all love to help out the environment. Here are some easy ways to...

Yeahh!!! I am a complete supporter of PETA so I'm glad Girls Life is doing this.

by phases318 on 12/2/2012 12:21:20 AM

Im just a beginner in make up and i just want my skin and face to just look a little more tan then some light blush or lipstick. Do you think E.L.F would be a good beginner make up for me?

by LemonLips627 on 9/29/2012 9:32:43 AM

Not only do we need cruelty free cosmetics we need dangerous chemical free. Try to use products with the least amount of bad chemicals.

by fashionqn on 9/21/2012 10:27:01 AM

I don't wear makeup but I want ways to spice up my face. I already use the obvious things like vaseline and lip gloss. Any other ideas?

Hey 1corinthiansgurl, you can just work on your complexion and skin. Be sure to keep your face moisturized and clear. Wash it every morning and night. To avoid bumps don't touch your face a lot and don't rub it against surfaces too much(example your pillows). You can also shape your eyebrows. Get a eyebrow clipper from the cosmetics section at any store and trim your hair. They are really small and it's completely painless. You can search Youtube for tutorials. You can also get an eyelash curler to keep your eyelashes long and curled. Other than that your face should be good to go. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by 1corinthiansgurl on 9/20/2012 11:41:02 PM

So I am in a club with this one guy and we are friends. Sometimes he messages me on facebook and I politely reply. I am starting to get the feeling he likes me today we were talking about hoco and.....
Me: Trying to figure out how to get on the online chem book, I have homework do monday and I won't have much time between the game friday and the dance saturday and writing a paper
Him: Oh you're going to the dance? Who with? And is it a lab?
Me: Yeah I am, 4 of my friends and I are going and no, it's not a lab, like 30 temperature change kelvin to Celsius to f and error calculations
Him: Ha so no guys and yeah that only takes like 20 min
What do you think?

Hey Pugglegirl1008, aww sounds like he likes you. He seems sweet and funny too. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Pugglegirl1008 on 9/20/2012 8:39:10 PM

I'm gonna be katniss everdeen for halloween, wear do u think i can buy stuff to look like her, ya know, that doesnt cost that much?

by foodiejr99 on 9/20/2012 8:09:55 PM

mod mod
omg yes im pretty sure i've asked GL to do this on the site and i wanna say THANK YOU! from animals all over the world for what ur doing

by colie34720 on 9/20/2012 7:41:31 PM

haha i know this is random but how many tampons can you wear a day with out getting that TOXIC SHOCK SYNDROME they have a warning about on the label??

by OCcheerbabe on 9/20/2012 7:15:40 PM

Hey Smile So, my homecoming dance is on October 6th. This really, really nice boy asked me. We've known each other since 6th grade. This is my freshmen year of high school. Smile But the thing is, the dance is semi-formal.

What does that even mean? What am I supposed to wear?

Thanks in advance! Smile <3

by candycrush12 on 9/20/2012 7:10:30 PM

Wonderful that GL is supporting cruelty-free companies.
However, unless this is a permanent change rather than one simply for an article (as it seems to be) I am disappointing at the same time.
As a society we like to make ourselves feel better when we find out a product is "not tested on animals" or "vegan."
However, we fail to feel guilty or even take notice when we buy a product tested on animals.
The fact that animal testing can be accepted "sometimes" is only another point in the hypocritical cycle. Buying "less" animal tested products does not lessen suffering, nor does it to buy more cruelty free products if one still purchases those that are animal tested.

by luckybolt on 9/20/2012 4:36:40 PM

by BabyDahl13 on 9/20/2012 4:11:22 PM

I am 12 years old and would like to start wearing makeup. Nothing dramatic just like lip gloss and concealer. I have never even brought up the topic, because I am afraid of what she will say. My cousin is also 12 and she wears black eyeliner and eye shadow and my mom says that is ridiculous. What should I say?

Hey girl,

Sometimes moms are a tad hesitant because they don't want you growing up too fast. Just try talking about it openly with her and explain that you don't want to use anything drastic, just a little lipgloss and concealer when needed. I'm sure that with an open discussion she'll be willing to listen to everything you have to say! xoxo

Alexis G.

by baileymoose on 9/20/2012 12:24:09 PM

I REALLY wan't the lipstick an the powder.

by cheetah#1 on 9/20/2012 7:16:42 AM

Before you go shopping, raid your closet. Pair your clothes in new ways with pieces you already own. You'll be surprised at how much fuller your closet becomes.

Dazzle this season with decorations from Duck Tape!