11 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

14 HOURS AGO Homework? What homework? #Crewel is on @wattpad for free! #bookworm #bookclub http://t.co/TsLFsrnwAH

15 HOURS AGO Join the GL gram fam and follow us on Insta for pretty pix and behind-the-scenes snaps: http://t.co/Umf3MGtn7Y

COMMENTS

Teen wins seat in Uganda parliament

Who says teens can’t make a difference? Proscovia Oromait, 19, was just elected to Uganda’s parliament representing the largely impoverished area of Usuk. She will assume the...

Hey girls! Looking for advice on school and friends? Need someone to listen to you vent? I'm here! If you want advice or just someone to listen to you, feel free to post a comment to my profile or visit my Advice Queen page! Have a great day Laughing

by ohheyitsjennyy on 10/7/2012 9:21:51 PM

Thats AWESOME!!!!! Good for her!!!!!

by myipodrox16 on 9/19/2012 9:26:18 PM

AWSM(:

by aki2000 on 9/19/2012 9:08:02 PM

That's great! Sometimes the world needs a young mind to look at things and age doesn't matter as long as she is mature. Smile

by genieinabottle on 9/19/2012 8:15:55 PM

That's a pretty bug deal! Hope she can handle it (I bet she will 😄)

by YouCanCallMeCat on 9/19/2012 8:06:07 PM

Good for her! Africa is in desperate need of gender equality and this is exactly what needs to happen for that to be obtained! Yay for Girls!

by Bookworm=) on 9/19/2012 5:52:37 PM

I think that as long as she is up for the challenge and is smart about her decisions she should be fine. She will need to be mature but having a younger member of Parliament could bring in new ideas. Congrats!!! I hope you do great Proscovia!!! Smile

by loveyourlife43 on 9/19/2012 5:52:00 PM

Not that I'm not all for teens making a difference and all, but a teen in parliament? And representing a struggling area? It just seems like a teen, no matter how smart she is, would be ready to make that kind of big decisions, mentally or emotionally. I know that all the teens I know aren't.

by Fly1213 on 9/19/2012 4:55:19 PM