AN HOUR AGO 3 teas to make you feel flawless: http://t.co/YOHoHTs1XQ

12 HOURS AGO RT @jacquieleemusic: ahhhh @girlslifemag obsessing over #BrokenOnesEP? i'm obsessing over YOU! 😍 thank you! so happy you like the EP. httphttp://t.co/K5tL6n6slm

13 HOURS AGO BOYS: this is whatcha do if you wanna become bae: http://t.co/0xfEpYILwF

COMMENTS

How to handle your top-5 big-time sitting probs

Not all sitting charges are li’l angels. When you run into a sticky situation, though, there’s no need to panic! From kids who refuse to hit the...

so i got my first baby sitting job, about 6 dollars an hour so i made 82 dollars in 2 days. i felt proud. the only downside is the girl i babysit. i babysit for 7 hours. 6 out of the 7 hours were spent playing with her monster high dolls; she is 1o years old and turning 11 in june. i understand that she is an only child, but she is getting kind of old. To be honest, i cant stand playing with them and dont understand how she still does! what can i do to make her not want to play dolls all day! i have offered a movie, but she always says no..i cant loose this job either! its my first!

by ctate98 on 6/2/2013 10:26:23 PM

mod mod
I have babysat for my mom's boss's daughter (who's 6 months old and adorable) a bunch, but not a steady gig. I charge $6 an hour because I'm in 6th grade. My friend who has never babysat before is now getting a gig this summer where she's getting paid $8 an hour, and she's going to be there for 5 hours every Monday. Truthfully, I don't think she will be able to handle it, but I'm still jealous. It's her first job ever, and so her brother is going with her a bunch. I suggested that I could go with her if she wanted, but I don't want it to seem like I'm jealous, even though I am. I still want to be a good friend. Help?

Hey! Well, you've offered to help, so just leave it at that for now and see what happens. maybe your thing could become more regular too, you should ask about it Smile good luck!

Helen S.

by elianamagic2 on 4/25/2013 8:06:13 PM

I'm an experienced babysitter, and I've got a good list of references, but a family wants me to watch their kids, except the boys aren't comfortable with a new person yet. The parents like me, though, so how can I help get the boys (9 and 5) more comfortable with me so I can help this family out?

hey Girl, just getting to know the boys and engaging them will help. Start with asking the, questions and relating them to yourself. Then find something fun for you all to do and they will eventually warm up.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Eve W on 2/7/2013 4:40:43 PM

i'm only 11(turning 12 next week) but are there any jobs that i can do around my community to earn money? THANKS-

Hey girl, check out this article ("Make money, hunnie! How to turn your hobbies into hundreds").  Babysitting is always a good idea too, when you and your parents (and the parents of the kids you're taking care of) think you're old enough to do that.  Best of luck!

Karin E.

by ida_ghohestani on 2/7/2013 6:10:07 AM

So im 12 and i play piano and i love playing, but we plan to buy a farm and live with our nabors, long story any way they have a piano so my dad doesnt see the point in me getting one but there piano is realy old out of tune and the pettel doesnt work! plus a piano cost like thousands of dollars and it would take me YEARS till i could get enought money to buy a piano! and my dad like keyboards instead of real pianos but i like real pianos!!! i have no idea what to do! Frown

Hey girl, sounds like a time for a compromise.  Ask your dad if he can get someone to tune your neighbors' piano.  Tuning a piano is significantly cheaper than buying a new one.  Tell him that playing piano on a real piano is important to you.  Although it stinks that the pedal doesn't work, you can look forward to a day when you can buy yourself a fully-functioning piano, even if it's years away.

Karin E.

by Wolfgirl97 on 2/4/2013 10:25:45 AM

The other night at a family-friend party (really close friends that my fam considers cousins), my.. family friend "aunt" said she wanted me to babysit her two sons, ages 6 and 8. I have no problem with that, in fact im totally looking foward to it! The boys are a little crazy, but I know I can handle it. Anyway, the problem is: Im 13 and i've never babysat before, so I have no idea what a good price would be? Like how much would be good per hour for two boys ages 6 and 8??? Thanks!

Hey! I think $10/ hour is reasonable for that amount of responsibility and work. Don't feel embarrassed about talking about money, just tell her your rate in a confident tone and I'm sure she'll be fine with it Smile  good luck!

Helen S.

by xXMissBehavedXx on 1/12/2013 4:03:23 PM

MODMODMODMODMODNMODMODMODMOD
I have a faux leather jacket that is chocolate brown. What colors would go great with it?I don't have anything turqoise so thats out.

Hey! How about pink, grey, or any metallics like gold sliver or bronze Smile?
Helen S.

by katgirly on 12/29/2012 5:01:25 PM

My mom used to do the minute per years-of-age thing. When my cusin was over he got us in trouble so we all had to sit in different corners. My cusin being 6 years younger than me and my sister, he would sit there and giggle whale we allsat in the minutecorner for 6more minutes.

by a_school_nerd on 12/15/2012 10:34:09 PM

I babysat a 13 month old and a three year old, and while it wasnt too much for me to handle i did feel like the three year old was a little boerd... could you sugest some activites that would entertain the three year old while still allowing me to look after the 13 month old?
also the 13 month old spit up on me, what should i do to prevent this (the spit up thing) in the future?

by PS2905 on 11/26/2012 8:09:14 PM

I'm 13 and I baby sit my little brother and save my money, But in a year and a half i'll be in highschool and i wont be able to take care of my brother because my bus will come WAY earlier than his but i want to keep earning money, any ideas??? Also how can i get paid for other stuff without going to neighbors???? (my mom said she'd rather be paying me than me going over to other peoples houses and working to get paid) PLEASE HELP!! (thank you)

Hey girlie, ask your mom if there are any chores around the house or maybe some yard work that she could pay you do. You can also babysit in the evening if your mom needs to go out for any reason.

Lauren T.