1 HOURS AGO We dare ya to try these crazy-cute kimono styles: http://t.co/oNy8Venaav

2 HOURS AGO #BeautySpy! Snag Eve's effortless beauty look: http://t.co/imZqrP4myV

3 HOURS AGO Kill your period cravings with these healthy picks: http://t.co/AIbgSRKDNa

COMMENTS

How to handle your top-5 big-time sitting probs

Not all sitting charges are li’l angels. When you run into a sticky situation, though, there’s no need to panic! From kids who refuse to hit the...

so i got my first baby sitting job, about 6 dollars an hour so i made 82 dollars in 2 days. i felt proud. the only downside is the girl i babysit. i babysit for 7 hours. 6 out of the 7 hours were spent playing with her monster high dolls; she is 1o years old and turning 11 in june. i understand that she is an only child, but she is getting kind of old. To be honest, i cant stand playing with them and dont understand how she still does! what can i do to make her not want to play dolls all day! i have offered a movie, but she always says no..i cant loose this job either! its my first!

by ctate98 on 6/2/2013 10:26:23 PM

mod mod
I have babysat for my mom's boss's daughter (who's 6 months old and adorable) a bunch, but not a steady gig. I charge $6 an hour because I'm in 6th grade. My friend who has never babysat before is now getting a gig this summer where she's getting paid $8 an hour, and she's going to be there for 5 hours every Monday. Truthfully, I don't think she will be able to handle it, but I'm still jealous. It's her first job ever, and so her brother is going with her a bunch. I suggested that I could go with her if she wanted, but I don't want it to seem like I'm jealous, even though I am. I still want to be a good friend. Help?

Hey! Well, you've offered to help, so just leave it at that for now and see what happens. maybe your thing could become more regular too, you should ask about it Smile good luck!

Helen S.

by elianamagic2 on 4/25/2013 8:06:13 PM

I'm an experienced babysitter, and I've got a good list of references, but a family wants me to watch their kids, except the boys aren't comfortable with a new person yet. The parents like me, though, so how can I help get the boys (9 and 5) more comfortable with me so I can help this family out?

hey Girl, just getting to know the boys and engaging them will help. Start with asking the, questions and relating them to yourself. Then find something fun for you all to do and they will eventually warm up.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Eve W on 2/7/2013 4:40:43 PM

i'm only 11(turning 12 next week) but are there any jobs that i can do around my community to earn money? THANKS-

Hey girl, check out this article ("Make money, hunnie! How to turn your hobbies into hundreds").  Babysitting is always a good idea too, when you and your parents (and the parents of the kids you're taking care of) think you're old enough to do that.  Best of luck!

Karin E.

by ida_ghohestani on 2/7/2013 6:10:07 AM

So im 12 and i play piano and i love playing, but we plan to buy a farm and live with our nabors, long story any way they have a piano so my dad doesnt see the point in me getting one but there piano is realy old out of tune and the pettel doesnt work! plus a piano cost like thousands of dollars and it would take me YEARS till i could get enought money to buy a piano! and my dad like keyboards instead of real pianos but i like real pianos!!! i have no idea what to do! Frown

Hey girl, sounds like a time for a compromise.  Ask your dad if he can get someone to tune your neighbors' piano.  Tuning a piano is significantly cheaper than buying a new one.  Tell him that playing piano on a real piano is important to you.  Although it stinks that the pedal doesn't work, you can look forward to a day when you can buy yourself a fully-functioning piano, even if it's years away.

Karin E.

by Wolfgirl97 on 2/4/2013 10:25:45 AM

The other night at a family-friend party (really close friends that my fam considers cousins), my.. family friend "aunt" said she wanted me to babysit her two sons, ages 6 and 8. I have no problem with that, in fact im totally looking foward to it! The boys are a little crazy, but I know I can handle it. Anyway, the problem is: Im 13 and i've never babysat before, so I have no idea what a good price would be? Like how much would be good per hour for two boys ages 6 and 8??? Thanks!

Hey! I think $10/ hour is reasonable for that amount of responsibility and work. Don't feel embarrassed about talking about money, just tell her your rate in a confident tone and I'm sure she'll be fine with it Smile  good luck!

Helen S.

by xXMissBehavedXx on 1/12/2013 4:03:23 PM

MODMODMODMODMODNMODMODMODMOD
I have a faux leather jacket that is chocolate brown. What colors would go great with it?I don't have anything turqoise so thats out.

Hey! How about pink, grey, or any metallics like gold sliver or bronze Smile?
Helen S.

by katgirly on 12/29/2012 5:01:25 PM

My mom used to do the minute per years-of-age thing. When my cusin was over he got us in trouble so we all had to sit in different corners. My cusin being 6 years younger than me and my sister, he would sit there and giggle whale we allsat in the minutecorner for 6more minutes.

by a_school_nerd on 12/15/2012 10:34:09 PM

I babysat a 13 month old and a three year old, and while it wasnt too much for me to handle i did feel like the three year old was a little boerd... could you sugest some activites that would entertain the three year old while still allowing me to look after the 13 month old?
also the 13 month old spit up on me, what should i do to prevent this (the spit up thing) in the future?

by PS2905 on 11/26/2012 8:09:14 PM

I'm 13 and I baby sit my little brother and save my money, But in a year and a half i'll be in highschool and i wont be able to take care of my brother because my bus will come WAY earlier than his but i want to keep earning money, any ideas??? Also how can i get paid for other stuff without going to neighbors???? (my mom said she'd rather be paying me than me going over to other peoples houses and working to get paid) PLEASE HELP!! (thank you)

Hey girlie, ask your mom if there are any chores around the house or maybe some yard work that she could pay you do. You can also babysit in the evening if your mom needs to go out for any reason.

Lauren T.

by lilacmoonstream on 11/11/2012 8:58:31 PM

Mod,this may be off topic,Sorry if so.But I have ben wanting a thong forever!I have no mom.I have a conservitive dad.And I'm afraid to ask because he usually tells all his friends and my sisters that are 10 years older.Its so embarresing!But whats more embarresing is my underwear lines.I havnt ask about thongs yet.He thinks im his baby girl.Im soon to be 13.Please help.I just want to try one.Should i buy one when im with my friends at the mall?

Hey girl,

If you buy one with your friends, your dad will find out in the laundry, so I would talk to him about it. You can talk to him and tell him the situation and maybe he will understand or will buy you boyshorts or some thicker pants that won't give you panty lines.

Meghan D.

by hannahfan916 on 10/19/2012 8:07:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok so i tried out for the school play Wednesday and auditions ended yesterday they will start learning parts this coming wednesday. so heres my question how do i calm my nerves i'm nervous to see if i got a part its the first year i could audition so im anxious to see if i get a part. and when do you think they will post the parts?

Hey girl,

If they'll start learning parts this Wednesday, they'll have to post the cast by then! Try to focus on other things like schoolwork, family and friends, and be proud that you were brave enough to audition, no matter what happens. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by jazmine ann on 10/5/2012 8:12:34 PM

I need ways to get more money for fun stuff. do you have any ideas???

Hey fashion4everSmile, you can have a yard or bake sale, donate your old things to a goodwill, sell candy or school supplies at school or start babysitting. Hope some of these help ya! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by fashion4ever:) on 9/30/2012 12:24:14 PM

Mod Mod Mod Mod Mid Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod
I joined chorus at the beginning of the year and I really want to quit. I'm afraid that I can't quit since I've been in the class for awhile. I don't like it because the teacher isn't really good at teaching things thoroughly. I don't get any of it and am really confused. What do I do? Please help!

Hey LovePeaceHope, let the teacher know you aren't interested in being apart of the chorus anymore. Your teacher won't know that is had to do with them so no worries. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by LovePeaceHope on 9/27/2012 8:43:26 PM

I like a guy in one of my classes. It seems like every time i turn i around in that class i see him(and he sees me..hehehe c: ) One day he turned my music on in the middle of class and then said "just kidding" (why do guys do that? Do something and then say just kidding I mean..) fortunately I didn't get in trouble. Another day he found and old quiz and started asking me the questions until the teacher said to sit down (it was totally chill and casual ha) and then the other day I was just standing and he scared me! I the. Proceeded to call him a name that shall not be said here...(I was smiling though...haha...) i see that he does stuff to everyone, but ive never seen him do these things to anyone else beside me. what does all this mean? Could he like me or am I just over thinking this completely? Thanks!

by laangelita23 on 9/20/2012 8:02:47 PM