5 HOURS AGO Real talk—my room was clean... then I needed a shirt: http://t.co/zfG1nfcONo

8 HOURS AGO Kick your costume up a notch with 6 Halloween beauty DIYs: http://t.co/1KW6HBlNQb

9 HOURS AGO Put THIS on your pie: http://t.co/7BjsohLMXk

COMMENTS

Show you care: 6 incredible causes to support

Everybody wants to save the world, but which part is gonna be your damsel in distress? If you’re itchin’ to hold a bake sale, a yard...

My favorite charities to donate to are JDRF and Kick It for Cancer. I also enjoy feeding people at a Homeless Shelter in a city near where I live. Smile Great post.

by sunshine4life on 9/24/2012 3:55:07 PM

What about the ASPCA?

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 9/24/2012 1:52:23 PM

Mod! Mod! Mod!
I really need some short hairstyles. I wore my hair the same way almost everyday last year. I wanna change things up you know. I'm an African American and I have Emma Watson length hair ( aka short). Any tips on how to make it grow or some cute hairstyles I can try? Thank you!

Hey saysay65, the best person for you to look at is Rihanna. She was very versatile with her short hair. You can always get your hair finger waved, curled, or gelled down. Accessories like hats and clips would give your hair a new look too. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by saysay65 on 9/24/2012 12:48:14 AM

I still haven't gotten my newest issue of GL (the one with Bridgit Mendler on the cover). Should I be worried or is it just taking a while for it to mail?

Hey Twiggi828, it could just be taking a while to be shipped, but it should've came by now. If you don't get it by this week, send a message to brittany@girlslife.com and she may be able to help you. Sorry about that! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Twiggi828 on 9/23/2012 9:38:24 PM

I love Heifer International, ASPCA, the Christian Fund, and pretty much any organization that helps animals or people in desperate need in very poor and often war-torn countries. My heart breaks for them.

by Lady Grey on 9/23/2012 9:27:28 PM

Mod!!!
Does anyone know if apple cider vinegar is bad or
Good for you? Cause i really need to loose weight fast.
How?

Hey girlie, apple cider vinegar is good for a lot of things, but there's no real evidence that it will help you lose weight. You don't want to try any crash diets or anything crazy to lose weight anyway. If there were a quick weight loss trick that worked, everyone would be thin. So you'll have to do it the old fashioned way. Make sure that you're drinking your 8 glasses of water each day. Water helps flush toxins out of your body and is great for your skin. Find some time to exercise each day. Even if you just do a 30 min yoga or pilates video you can find online for free, it'll be a great way to burn some calories. And lastly, keep a log of what you're eating. It'll help you be conscious of what you're putting in your mouth, keep you accountable and show you where you're consuming too many calories.

Lauren T.

by Sunny4132 on 9/23/2012 6:47:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
MY doctor recommended that I see a therapist and so my mom and I talked about doing it. but she hasn't scheduled anything and I really need to see one. I CAN'T say anything. I've tried but my brain doesn't let me. Help please!

Hey girlie, unless you say something or make the appointment yourself, you don't have many options. You're going to have to speak up to get your mom to make that appointment.

Lauren T.

by CheerCitti on 9/23/2012 6:16:54 PM

MOD!!
i really wanna be a counselor when i grow up. Is that a normal ambition? And im already planning where im going for college, its in japan. People think im absoulty crazy bc i watch shows like my strangee addiction.
P.S the guy who "trimmed" my bangs cut them WAAAAY too short! Any suggestions?

Hey girlie, it's totally normal to want to be a counselor when you grow up! And way to go looking at colleges already! It just shows that you're ambitious and know what you want. As far as your bangs, try pulling them back out of your face until they grow out and you think they start to look better.

Lauren T.

by YayaYuiki on 9/23/2012 6:00:09 PM

Relay for Life is also awesome! And our school's Interact club is donating to the Make a Wish foundation this year Smile

by topaz1116 on 9/23/2012 3:09:23 PM

My favorite way to help out is by going to the food bank and volunteering there. Also, I joined my school's Key Club.

by Catlover4723 on 9/23/2012 12:37:37 PM