Bridget M.

is modding

AN HOUR AGO That one guy who ruins your shot with all the other guysđź™…:http://t.co/46y1GfIeZ77

4 HOURS AGO You won't believe what @CodySimpson has planned for you in the new year: http://t.co/DJW7Q9hpP9

5 HOURS AGO How Santa Claus made this deaf girl's dream come true: http://t.co/UxzfjK8mLX

COMMENTS

Have you tasted alcohol?

Though the drinking age in the U.S. has been 21 for nearly three decades, many states have exceptions for alcohol consumption by minors, often when in the...

I HAVE had alcohol, and it isn't that bad. I'm wondering where they got their information, because there was a study in the Wall Street Journal that said allowing your teenager to have an occasional beer would help them not drink. Which is pretty much the opposite of this. I have tasted alcohol, while I lived in France, and it didnt't hurt me.

by puffinlover99 on 9/26/2012 7:52:04 AM

Sometime my dad asks us to taste it but that's usually when it's really gross, like my mo doesn't even like it. If my sister takes a sip she almost always rinses her mouth with water for like 5 minutes. If I ever have it, it's on accident, like if the drink looks like it was just a regular soda... But it's not Frown

by kittycat99kmb on 9/25/2012 11:04:50 PM

Actually, it's because alcohol is treated as such a forbidden thing that we have such a bad teen drinking problem in the US. Keeping it forbidden, something only adults can do, just makes teens more curious and willing to try it. It also keeps people from teaching teens that alcohol is something to be enjoyed in moderation, and not abused. People who try it when they're young and who are taught the good and bad sides of it are far less likely to go out and binge drink at parties until they get so drunk they can't stand. Almost all of my friends were allowed to have sips of alcohol occasionally as children. My best friend's parents even let her drink on special occasions, such as birthdays and holidays (keep in mind my best friend and I are both 17) None of my friends are going to go out and get drunk, because they know what it feels like to drink, and it's not forbidden. They have nothing to gain by drinking. No rebelling, no acting immature, because they are treated like adults.

by rockinlishy on 9/25/2012 11:01:10 PM

My parents have let me had a sip of beer, wine, and champagne. But it was JUST a sip. I didn't like the taste or smell of any of them and that discourages me from drinking in my teen years.

by ana*marie on 9/25/2012 10:10:24 PM

I have taken a sip of many different kinds of beer. I only like one, but I promised my parents that i would wait to have more than a sip. I think if your parents really push you not to use it as a minor or at all, there shouldn't be a problem! Some parents just don't care enough anymore. Therefore, I feel there should be more awareness out there.

by Madi<3 on 9/25/2012 9:17:43 PM

The first time I had a sip of alcohol is when I accidently took a sip of a smoothie that had alcohol in it when I was six. I threw up not longer after. Never drinking again.

by luvrmusic on 9/25/2012 8:33:45 PM

Im 15 and where im from everyone parties and drinks at like 13. Its terrible but its the norm here in our small town.

by Im.Unique.YAY! on 9/25/2012 8:19:57 PM

To all who think it smells and tastes bad - your senses will change over time. Your taste buds may acquire to the taste. Same with smell. I'd say more but I gtg gotta history project due tomorrow! CyaSmile Questions about alcohol? Ask me on my self titled advice queen page! Smile Tschus!

by alindgren on 9/25/2012 8:07:42 PM

As long as you're not getting wasted every weekend, a few sips are fine. BTW I'm 14. Things like booze (mostly 3.9% AL) isn't gonna hurt ya. UV Blue Vodka (35% AL)? Too much of that and it'll sneak up on ya. Most drinks don't taste much like alcohol, lots of carbonation and sugar in it. Guess what? YOLO! That's not an excuse for illegal drugs like marijuana or smokin' cigs, but you'll be fine with a few. Last year around this time I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. It flared up so bad after I had a drink that I almost died and had to have surgeries to remove my colon because meds couldn't help me. I told myself I'd never drink again, and where am I now. But again, it's not like I get wasted every weekend. I really only have a drink or two at the most once a year when I go to my cabin annually. Just did last week. Still here. Fake alcohol can taste pretty good too I've heard, never had it though.

by alindgren on 9/25/2012 8:03:58 PM

I have only had it once, but it was at my first communion and i HATED it! so no drinking for me in the near future!

by kdpkdp on 9/25/2012 7:36:16 PM