4 HOURS AGO If you're gonna do a wrap skirt, you gotta do it like @KendallJenner 😍http://t.co/ipSLE09sPdd

7 HOURS AGO She's 15, and she makes like 500 grand a year. #GirlBoss? We think, yes: http://t.co/3O53ArKsyY

8 HOURS AGO Oh gosh— your bad breath could be saying something about your health: http://t.co/sELq8h2klo

COMMENTS

Middle schools now drug testing student athletes

Drug testing in professional sports is a typical occurrence. We read stories all the time about athletes being fined or suspended for testing positive for certain performance...

Im in 7th grade and had to be drug tested and im not even in athletics... i think it is a little unecicary

by radiolovergirl on 10/10/2012 4:28:58 PM

yeah its smart, dont ever underustimate middle schoolers.. who knows what there on when they come 2 school. its sad that we have 2 do this tho, people r horrible these days Frown

by fearless;) on 10/2/2012 10:22:05 PM

It's smart actually, since lots of people like sports, so they won't even think about trying all those terrible drugs

by ColosalMascara on 9/29/2012 10:51:25 AM

This seems like overkill to me. I mean, if it seems impossible, like 1 girl scoring 13 goals by herself, than maybe. Granted, i live in a close knit community, so that never really been a problem, but still. I didn't have to do it for high school, so why for middle school.

by fairykyta on 9/28/2012 4:06:05 PM

I think it's a great idea! Seeing my small little school in the north country with like 900 people all together. You would think their would like no drugs seeing we live in like the middle of nowhere but I'm in 9 grade and on varsity volleyball and done modified volleyball players got caught with a few guys smoking pot! It's rediculous and a few others a little older are already in rehab I mean what is this generation coming too!

by jazmine ann on 9/27/2012 8:45:39 PM

This is a good idea.

by Katrinaisamodel on 9/27/2012 8:32:04 PM

Yeah, it sounds crazy. but it is a good idea i guess. i know someone, an old friend, who is selling weed which is sad but true. so it is a good idea! b/c it's everywhere and not hard to get! even though id never do it!

by dramaqueen122 on 9/27/2012 6:19:43 PM

My school is in the top 10 in the state but I know that some kids in my high school do or have done drugs. Anyone can say "My school would never have drugs" but though unfortunate, there is probably someone in your school who is using or has used drugs. I think this is a little extreme but still a good thing. The fact is some middle schoolers and high schoolers do drugs and that is their bad decision and if they are caught because of drug testing maybe it's not a bad thing... It has some advantages and disadvantages.

by cece-marie on 9/26/2012 9:53:15 PM

It is pretty smart. No matter what people believe about their school, there is always a high chance that drugs are there. My middle school is one of the best in my state, but some of the kids there still do drugs. And drug testing is a great way to discourage drugs.

by Kitkatkatee on 9/26/2012 7:53:56 PM

i think it is actually good. Because i don't think they want students on drugs and other stuff while playing sports.

by niccer13 on 9/26/2012 6:33:39 PM

Don’t waste a workout on a bag of chips! Instead, grab an apple with peanut butter afterwards to keep up your nutrition.

Spring is right around the corner. What do you think you'll miss most about winter?

Anti-bacterial soap kills way more germs.

Get swept up in a magical romance this V-Day

Fall under the spell of Dearest, the newest book in the Woodcutter Sisters series. CLICK HERE to swan dive into the supernatural!