6 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

9 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

10 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

COMMENTS

Middle schools now drug testing student athletes

Drug testing in professional sports is a typical occurrence. We read stories all the time about athletes being fined or suspended for testing positive for certain performance...

My friend was tested before she could start soccer.

by hidi75 on 9/26/2012 6:26:27 PM

My middle school is in a really great school district, and we would NEVER do this, because we would NEVER have drugs!

by Bobalina on 9/26/2012 5:53:29 PM

I think it's a great idea.

by haileymonkey11 on 9/26/2012 5:51:34 PM

modmodmod
Im running for student council. But everyone says it a matter of popularity, and a really popular girl is running against me, how can i win people over before its too late?

Hey girly, don't let them discourage you! Just be super friendly and talk to everyone. Let everyone know that your running and why you'd make a great council member. Make posters, sit with different groups at lunch and give everyone a smile. If you're outgoing and make sure that everyone knows who you are, why your running and what you stand for, you'll definetly have a chance. Good luck!

Lauren I.

by kenny_peace_panda22 on 9/26/2012 4:57:36 PM

I think it's smart but it's stupid that we would even have to THINK about testing middle schoolers for drugs. It's quite sad

by myfatsquirrel on 9/26/2012 4:08:57 PM

in some ways its good for seeing if any mmiddle schoolers are smoking and drinking and busting them. but preventign other people from doing it by busting htem? not so sure. exposing it to the school might make some people more curious about it. so, if they do discover that people are drinking and smoking, they might want to try to keep it on the down low

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 9/26/2012 1:56:35 PM

This girl at my middle school got busted for underage drinking cause she threw up in the hallway. later they found that she also had drugs hidden in the siding of her locker along with 3 empty beer bottles. this is serious stuff.

by lizzierox on 9/26/2012 11:55:44 AM

i think at this point, with where our country is, we need all the help we can get. i know so many middle schoolers that are addicted to pot and cigarettes, and drug testing can only help them.

by soccerlover99 on 9/26/2012 9:25:37 AM

A ton of kids at my school got busted for smoking/selling weed. Some of them got paneled and had to go to juvie. I think it's smart because of how common drugs are today. the kids at my school that did drugs were in only sixth grade when they started. they got caught this year, in eighth. Drug tests aren't a stupid idea cause it could save them from doing anything worse later on. And it's really just urine samples it's not a huge process or a shot or anything.

by sarabieber1799 on 9/26/2012 8:56:22 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!!!
i have a strange thing about me, when a friend/family member is emotionally/physically impacted, i end up thinking about them like ALLL THE TIME! so the person is my BGF. Funny thing is its emotional. (I can tell, idk how) i liked him but he didnt like me back Frown. The thoughts im "receiving" are with ME!!!! i followed one of our friends from last year on instagram (idk at the tim that he had one) two days later he started folllowing me! He's been favouriting my photos. Im not to sure he likes me, but what do you think? PLEASE reply ASAP! thanks!

Hey girly, I don't think its strange to think about someone who is emotionally or physically impacted, it just means that your a caring person who doesn't like to see the people you care for upset or hurt in any way. As for the boy on instragram, it could mean he likes you, but it could also mean that he was just browsing around on instagram. It's super hard to tell. Why not flirt with him and see where it goes? Good luck!

Lauren I.