AN HOUR AGO #BookClub: The story of one cute crush—told from 14 other people! We love #ALittleSomethingDifferent: http://t.co/orSadmBRgR #swoonreads

13 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

17 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

COMMENTS

Middle schools now drug testing student athletes

Drug testing in professional sports is a typical occurrence. We read stories all the time about athletes being fined or suspended for testing positive for certain performance...

Im in 7th grade and had to be drug tested and im not even in athletics... i think it is a little unecicary

by radiolovergirl on 10/10/2012 4:28:58 PM

yeah its smart, dont ever underustimate middle schoolers.. who knows what there on when they come 2 school. its sad that we have 2 do this tho, people r horrible these days Frown

by fearless;) on 10/2/2012 10:22:05 PM

It's smart actually, since lots of people like sports, so they won't even think about trying all those terrible drugs

by ColosalMascara on 9/29/2012 10:51:25 AM

This seems like overkill to me. I mean, if it seems impossible, like 1 girl scoring 13 goals by herself, than maybe. Granted, i live in a close knit community, so that never really been a problem, but still. I didn't have to do it for high school, so why for middle school.

by fairykyta on 9/28/2012 4:06:05 PM

I think it's a great idea! Seeing my small little school in the north country with like 900 people all together. You would think their would like no drugs seeing we live in like the middle of nowhere but I'm in 9 grade and on varsity volleyball and done modified volleyball players got caught with a few guys smoking pot! It's rediculous and a few others a little older are already in rehab I mean what is this generation coming too!

by jazmine ann on 9/27/2012 8:45:39 PM

This is a good idea.

by Katrinaisamodel on 9/27/2012 8:32:04 PM

Yeah, it sounds crazy. but it is a good idea i guess. i know someone, an old friend, who is selling weed which is sad but true. so it is a good idea! b/c it's everywhere and not hard to get! even though id never do it!

by dramaqueen122 on 9/27/2012 6:19:43 PM

My school is in the top 10 in the state but I know that some kids in my high school do or have done drugs. Anyone can say "My school would never have drugs" but though unfortunate, there is probably someone in your school who is using or has used drugs. I think this is a little extreme but still a good thing. The fact is some middle schoolers and high schoolers do drugs and that is their bad decision and if they are caught because of drug testing maybe it's not a bad thing... It has some advantages and disadvantages.

by cece-marie on 9/26/2012 9:53:15 PM

It is pretty smart. No matter what people believe about their school, there is always a high chance that drugs are there. My middle school is one of the best in my state, but some of the kids there still do drugs. And drug testing is a great way to discourage drugs.

by Kitkatkatee on 9/26/2012 7:53:56 PM

i think it is actually good. Because i don't think they want students on drugs and other stuff while playing sports.

by niccer13 on 9/26/2012 6:33:39 PM

My friend was tested before she could start soccer.

by hidi75 on 9/26/2012 6:26:27 PM

My middle school is in a really great school district, and we would NEVER do this, because we would NEVER have drugs!

by Bobalina on 9/26/2012 5:53:29 PM

I think it's a great idea.

by haileymonkey11 on 9/26/2012 5:51:34 PM

modmodmod
Im running for student council. But everyone says it a matter of popularity, and a really popular girl is running against me, how can i win people over before its too late?

Hey girly, don't let them discourage you! Just be super friendly and talk to everyone. Let everyone know that your running and why you'd make a great council member. Make posters, sit with different groups at lunch and give everyone a smile. If you're outgoing and make sure that everyone knows who you are, why your running and what you stand for, you'll definetly have a chance. Good luck!

Lauren I.

by kenny_peace_panda22 on 9/26/2012 4:57:36 PM

I think it's smart but it's stupid that we would even have to THINK about testing middle schoolers for drugs. It's quite sad

by myfatsquirrel on 9/26/2012 4:08:57 PM

in some ways its good for seeing if any mmiddle schoolers are smoking and drinking and busting them. but preventign other people from doing it by busting htem? not so sure. exposing it to the school might make some people more curious about it. so, if they do discover that people are drinking and smoking, they might want to try to keep it on the down low

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 9/26/2012 1:56:35 PM

This girl at my middle school got busted for underage drinking cause she threw up in the hallway. later they found that she also had drugs hidden in the siding of her locker along with 3 empty beer bottles. this is serious stuff.

by lizzierox on 9/26/2012 11:55:44 AM

i think at this point, with where our country is, we need all the help we can get. i know so many middle schoolers that are addicted to pot and cigarettes, and drug testing can only help them.

by soccerlover99 on 9/26/2012 9:25:37 AM

A ton of kids at my school got busted for smoking/selling weed. Some of them got paneled and had to go to juvie. I think it's smart because of how common drugs are today. the kids at my school that did drugs were in only sixth grade when they started. they got caught this year, in eighth. Drug tests aren't a stupid idea cause it could save them from doing anything worse later on. And it's really just urine samples it's not a huge process or a shot or anything.

by sarabieber1799 on 9/26/2012 8:56:22 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!!!
i have a strange thing about me, when a friend/family member is emotionally/physically impacted, i end up thinking about them like ALLL THE TIME! so the person is my BGF. Funny thing is its emotional. (I can tell, idk how) i liked him but he didnt like me back Frown. The thoughts im "receiving" are with ME!!!! i followed one of our friends from last year on instagram (idk at the tim that he had one) two days later he started folllowing me! He's been favouriting my photos. Im not to sure he likes me, but what do you think? PLEASE reply ASAP! thanks!

Hey girly, I don't think its strange to think about someone who is emotionally or physically impacted, it just means that your a caring person who doesn't like to see the people you care for upset or hurt in any way. As for the boy on instragram, it could mean he likes you, but it could also mean that he was just browsing around on instagram. It's super hard to tell. Why not flirt with him and see where it goes? Good luck!

Lauren I.