3 HOURS AGO Get a lil mysterious with 4 non-verbal flirting tricks: http://t.co/NbbiVk3aZP

6 HOURS AGO 5 #DIY options for your Thanksgiving table centerpiece: http://t.co/NS6hhu9ckR

7 HOURS AGO 5 Xmas smoothies that prove holiday treats CAN be healthy: http://t.co/YDVZvghmQg

COMMENTS

My best friend is acting like a different person

My best friend and I used to have so much fun together. We played outside, made up stories, acted them out, etc. Last summer, she went...

MOD MOD MOD MOD
My Best friends and I were friends since 3rd grade. At 5th grade things were getting rocky but was still tight.Or that is what i thought.At 6th grade i let my enemy since 3rd grade hang with us because her friends stoped coming to the program we have been going to.Next thing i know she is taking over my group of best friends turning them against me.one of her best friends she ditchedhung out with me(she is now one of my best friends).It is now a year later and my closest best friend out of the group is acting like im not there and wont talk to me.i have moved on but every time I think about it or see she I get angry and sad.I want to confront her about it but i dont see her alot and i know i will start braweling my eyes out(and i am surely not a person who crys)HELP!

Hey girl,

wow, that sounds like a sticky situation! It's totally normal to change who your friends are over time, but is there a way that all of you can get along? Try sitting down with the girl you don't like and talk about the issue that's between you--you may have more in common than you thought! And as for your other friend, I would try talking to her one on one, too. Communication really is the best policy! I wouldn't "confront" her, but just say that you miss being friends and talk about what's between you.

Meghan D.

by GL4LIFE1 on 11/18/2012 12:32:16 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD ok me and my best bestfriend are (were) very close but first she started acting like me. Then she started liking the same guy as me but she didn't know i liked him.So he gave me a nickname then she basiclly made him give her a nickname just like it.Also she invited me to her birthday party and i was execited to go but but the day of the party when i begged my mom to let me get her a nice birthday present she told me i could not come because she invited her cousins over.PS. she got her room re-done for her birthday just like i did three months ago.please i need your advice what should i do. Do you think i should just forgive her for all the things she has done or should we just become more distant

Hey rockrocker101, maybe you should give her one more chance and if things go bad again, then the friendship should end. She may not be aware her actions are hurting you, so you could talk to her about this stuff. Seems like you two had a good friendship and it can be saved. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by rockrocker101 on 11/15/2012 9:52:16 PM

I hope that your friend realizes that she has a great friend right in front of her!!!!! You are fine the way you are, so really, you need to tell your friend that you love her, but she cant just leave you in the dust!!!

by MountainLover456 on 11/14/2012 7:03:27 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
my bestie and i are way close-but we used to be closer-she did some stuff with a guy that she promised me she wouldnt do for a REALLY long time i got over it but one of her other friends told her i was telling everybody about it (and i wasnt)and she believed the other girl over me! now im not sure i can tell her things i used to tell her

Hey girl,

What your friend does with guys is her business, but if you're worried for her safety, it's a good idea to confide in a trusted adult. Did you tell anyone what she told you? If not, you have nothing to worry about! Just explain the situation to her calmly and tell her you didn't, without blaming anyone else. And if you did tell someone, apologize for telling her secret and ask for her forgiveness. If you're as close as you say, I'm sure you'll be able to work things out Smile And don't be afraid to go to a guidance counselor or parent if you need a facilitator for a discussion between the two of you.

Meghan D.

by prettygirl4351 on 11/3/2012 10:09:54 PM

Dear Carol,
my best friend that ive known for years has been being mean to me. She has two new BFFs that supposaly was known for the same time as me. But she said i have to listen to her cause shes popular now. i said no and she said fine well you wont get anywhere in life. last night at a party i was a cat. i had n a jumpsuit. she said is that a jumpsuit. i said yes and she said, why would you wear that?. its really hurting and she says im her best feriend and the other girls are her best bests. when we were singing along to the songs at the party her and the girls would get up to eachother and sing it. she did it to me, but when she realized it was just be she frowned. The two girls like me and i like them. we are decent friends, but its like the one i told secrets and stuff to hates me now but still wont let go of me.
- hurting

by themaingirl on 10/27/2012 12:38:05 PM

At my cousins wedding i was a flowergirl andso was two of my new cousins. one of them was so mean to the other one and when she was talking she would stop for a second and then the other one would start talking and then the other one would say i wasnt finished yet and start talking again. i want to be friends with both of them but they are normaly with each other so i cant play with one of them at a time. HELP ME!!!! What should i do?

Hey girly, siblings are usually a package deal so it might be hard to get to know one without the other. And it's also possible that the one was just having a bad day. Try giving the packaged deal another chance and see how it goes. If you'd rather hang with them apart, you could start calling or texting them invites to hang seperately, It might be good though, to text both of them around the same time so no one starts to think you only like one and not the other. Texting them at the same time will prevent anyone from getting their feelings hurt.

Lauren I.

by Country Girl 2020 on 10/19/2012 9:18:08 AM

The same thing has happened to me, my friend started acting different and hanging out with others and giving me the cold shoulder.

My advice is that you should tell her that you feel left out and that your drifting apart. Also realize that people change and you will grow apart from your friends.

by EED13 on 10/12/2012 1:58:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
ok so i have this freind(b) and she just started playing vollyball on my team... she told anouther of my freinds(k) that im awful at vollyball... and then e and i were talking about vollyball and she told me someone told her that im really bad at it... idk why but i immediaty guessed b and she told me i was right. im not the BEST player but i dont think im bad... and it really hurts that b would say somthing like that.

Hannah H.

by PS2905 on 10/11/2012 4:30:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD,
Last year me and some of my closest friends were really good friends with this girl named Tess. She was super funny and just fun to be around. Also last year, the most popular girl in our school moved away. My friends and I are popular just not the most in the school. So this year, Tess kinda took the spot of the girl who moved away. Because we are in the same group of friends, I see her a lot but she never talks to me. This morning, I saw her walk by and I said hey Tess, but she didn't say anything back, she just rolled her eyes and kept walking. She used to invite us to hang out or do something almost every week and now she just asks her two other popular friends to, not us. I don't know what to de because I still wanna be friends with her but not if she is going to act like that. What should I do? Thanks!

Hey girl! Ouch, sounds like shes not being super nice. If I were you, I would move on. There's plenty of more girls who are a lot kinder and won't ditch you for something as silly as "popularity". power to ya, chica!

xoxo

Katie L.

by danceforever58 on 10/10/2012 4:38:40 PM

Ok so i have this "friend" at church that is so darn clingy to me!! she always wants to sit by me, match me, and be with me. Its so annoying cause she is only nice to me and she is awfully mean to her siblings. like really mean. every single day when i walk into sunday school she screams "SIT BY ME!!!" If i dont it would make me seem mean. so i always end up miserably sitting with her every single day when i could be sitting with my real friends. also she calls me her BFF. i kinda went along with it last yr but now im just getting sick of it. also, she has these social issues. i feel like an on and off again friend. do you think that i should confront her? if i do what should i say?

hey girl! I know exactly what you're going through, I've had similar situations happen to me. It sounds like you're a really nice person. And you shouldn't change that! But I do think you should work on expressing your opinions and emotions. No one can MAKE you be their friend. If she screams "sit by me!" say "I'm sorry, I promised so-and-so I'd sit next to them!" Do little things like that. You don't want to hurt her feelings by confronting her. That'd be harsh! Just try and drop little hints. Hang out with other friends and don't let her get to you, chica.

xoxoxo