AN HOUR AGO Hey #DMV divas, snag stellar internship advice from GL on Aug 5 at the @InternQueen party in DC! Click here to RSVP: http://t.co/lC3tGfESmN

AN HOUR AGO So excited for #TheGiver to hit theaters August 15—get a sneak peek + find out how you can win with your review! http://t.co/x9ACeg6yqx

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 5 sistahs score @soffe Dri Capri in Dazzling Blue Cosmic: http://t.co/Gx25bGgdpx

COMMENTS

My best friend is acting like a different person

My best friend and I used to have so much fun together. We played outside, made up stories, acted them out, etc. Last summer, she went...

I had this friend two yrs ago. she is a grade older than me and she had no friends in her grade. i became her friend and we were great friends. last yr some twins started going to my school. she became rly good friends with them last yr and i tried being friends with her still. now this yr i like never talk to her anymore. im rly sad about it and im not invited to her bday party. she used to be girly and funny, but now shes kinda violent and mean. Frown do u think i should try to be friends with her again or should i give up? thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey chica! ooh, that's no fun. people will move in and out of your life for as long as you live, while some remain your friend forever. you have to decide which category this friend of yours fits in. do you feel ready to move on, or do you feel you could still be really great friends? thats what you've got to decide!

xoxo

Katie L.

by Carrie_Underwood on 10/5/2012 2:30:09 PM

hey. im going through something very similar. last year i was best friends with a girl in some of my classes. we bacame friends quickly and started hanging out all of the time. then she became friends with the most popular girl in our grade. this pissed me off but what really angered me was that she started to ignore me. the only good things that came out of it was that i met my real bff. turns out she was in all of my classes too. lol. good luck!

by pupa413 on 10/1/2012 7:45:13 PM

mod mod mod
any tips on being voted class president?

People need to know you're running and you need to get your name out there! Try making posters with a catchy slogan and a picture of you so people know who you are. You can also try making stickers and giving them out. Your friends can really help getting the word out!
mailyse f.

by Carrie_Underwood on 10/1/2012 3:59:03 PM

So I really want some help. So use to have 3 girls i hung out with but then one girl got really mad and left. anyways long story. so now i hang out with two girls. and they like each other way more than me and you can tell. So yesterday i had a volleyball game (with my school) but i couldn't make it because i had a soccer game (comp) that interfered. my question is, should my best friends even care about what happened at my game? neither of them EVER texted me and they had a sleep over and never invited me. I found out through instagram. I know, it sucks. So should i continuing hanging out with them or should i find new people to hang out with. I go to a small school on 30 in my class. Also, whenever I say something they gang up on me and attack me basically, one of them never defends me. they defend each other. I don't know what to do!
Anyways thanks in advance for listening to my problemsSmile

Hey way2qt4u, it doesn't sound like these girls are good friends girly. I would leave them behind and make some new ones. What about the girls on your volleyball and soccer teams? Are they cool? Do you ever hang with them? Xoxo

Lynae P.

by way2qt4u on 9/30/2012 10:06:50 AM

I have a friend (let's call her Kate) with a REALLY strict mom when it comes to grades. Her dad is afraid of her mom and won't say anything, by the way. Anyway, Kate's mom puts so much pressure on her that she blanks out during tests and gets bad grades. So then Kate's mom punishes her by doing things like taking away her bday present or coming to the school to yell at her in front of everyone. Is there anything I can do to help Kate?

Hey girlie, I am so, so sorry to hear about what's happening to your friend Kate.  I bet it really hurts to see her go through that.  But it's great to know she has a friend like you look out for her.  The best thing you can do is be there for her - and tell her so.  Let her know that if there's anything you can do to help, she can turn to you.  You could offer to go with her to talk to the school counselor about her sitch - but don't push her to if she's not ready.  You could offer to study together before tests, or even just to have a sleepover after at your place to get her mind off it.  The specifics are up to you - being there is what matters, and you've already got that down.  I hope the sitch gets better for your friend.  xoxo

Marie H.

by genieinabottle on 9/29/2012 7:55:52 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I went to two camps this year. one up called ls and one called h. The girls at the 1st camp were my bffs for 3 years, one of us left and it fell apart and they decided to exclude me. the second camp i made two great friends and they are going 1st seisson. (the time of ls.) I am worried because at h i would be new and the mean girl is coming back. also they always went 1st, just went 2nd for a year and then now therye 1st again and what if they ditch me? anyway, one of the girls wrote to me in all caps lock :I AM SORRY OK?? CAN U PLEASE FORGIVE ME AND GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE??Then y don't u just unregister i feel so stuck and i dont know what to do.

Hey girl,

I'm sure there are a lot of reasons that they're going to the first session, and it wasn't to exclude you--it might be easier for their families' schedules or a lot of other reasons. They don't have to be sorry to you for when they're going to camp! If you have a strong friendship, it will last into the year regardless of what camp you go to. You can still talk to them during the school year! And as for the mean girl, try making other friends and being nice when you have to talk to her so she doesn't have a reason to be mean!

Meghan D.

by raeshrimp on 9/28/2012 11:03:19 PM

that is sad, but it happens to everyone at some point. Frown you can make new friends.

by mustache on 9/27/2012 7:03:16 PM

Sounds like what happened to my "friend." The girl who she became good friends with was my exfriend and she was bullying me at the moment. My friend even knew that! She was totally brainwashed. Luckily, she moved out of state this summer

by myfatsquirrel on 9/26/2012 4:15:15 PM

I'm sorry to hear that but I know exactly where you are coming from. It's hard, but just give it some time. Definitely keep in touch with her, and it's really awesome she's still friendly, but maybe take a little bit of a break from your close relationship. Still be friendly with her and don't loose all sight, but maybe try to make some new friends. In a few years, maybe you'll get reacquainted with her and things will be better than they ever were before. I've been in this situation a few times before, so I know just what you are talking about. I know it's difficult, but just hang in there Smile

by chocolover9257 on 9/25/2012 9:16:26 PM

Jellybelly44
It doesn't matter if ur friend is a lot younger than u it doesn't mean that you've got older that you suddenly need friends that r older
My best friend is 13 and I'm 16 and guess what she's taller than me too its always been 3 years age difference it shouldn't matter now since it didn't matter then

by Colie34720 on 9/25/2012 6:30:59 PM