5 HOURS AGO 5 steps to follow in a friend fight: http://t.co/kh28xT5dTJ

6 HOURS AGO Magical school dance moments we heart from movies: http://t.co/B8F8A0Ukhs

7 HOURS AGO How to kick that your horrible nail biting habit for good: http://t.co/JqjwhgZWxM

COMMENTS

My crush was cruel! Should I tell his parents?

I liked this boy, but he sent me an e-mail saying he doesn’t like me. His letter was mean, rude and hurtful. I told his parents...

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I NEED A LOT OF HELP! I CURRENTLY LIKE A GUY. WE USED TO GO TO THE SAME SCHHOL BUT I TRANSFERED. WE ARE STILL IN THE SAME DISTRICT AND I EMAIL HIM AS WELL. I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD TELL HIM. MY BFF SAID HE MIGHT LIKE ME AND KINDA LIKE ONE OF MY OTHER BFF WHO GOES TO THE SAME SCHOOL AS HIM...
EVERYBODY SAYS WE MAKE A CUTE AND AWESOME COUPLE BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. HELP? PLS? ALSO I AM SAD RIGHT NOW ABOUT THIS SO PLS REPLY AS FAST AS YOU CAN PLS!

Hey MusicalViolin, when you emailed him, did he mail you back? Xoxo

Lynae P.

by MusicalViolin on 10/11/2012 10:41:08 PM

Well we have a Halloween dance coming up soon and my BGF has been saying that everyone should get a date to the dance. He already has a date and a bunch of people have boyfriends or girlfriends. I kinda want to go to the dance with a guy cuz I've had my eye on this cutie in my class, but at the same time I just don't want to have a date! Sooo conflicted...

by Sunny79 on 10/2/2012 4:26:40 PM

How do I ask for my friend's number? It's just so awkward when I try!!!

Hey Carrie_Underwood, it's all in the way you go about it. If you're cool about it, it won't be awkward. We can think of some ways to do it in person. When do you see him? Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Carrie_Underwood on 9/30/2012 9:27:16 PM

Mod mod mod
My mom is being mean and ridiculous why because my friend have one kids younger then me have one thing is I cant have a Facebook she says it's to inappropriate but I want one.
What should I do?

Hey girl,

Your mom only wants what's best for you, so you have to listen to her advice for now. Leave the topic alone for a while and bring it up again after not talking about it for a few weeks. Try to be calm and mature in your discussion and listen to her points, and see if you can reach a compromise. She will be more likely to listen to you if she sees how mature you're being!

Meghan D.

by sparklej on 9/29/2012 9:45:40 PM

mod mod mod i have really itchy eyes Dx

Ouch!  Eye drops might help, if you have them.  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 11:11:10 AM

mod mod mod my parent is being absolutely ridiculous ): and won't be reasonable ):?

Almost everyone feels that way about there family sometimes - just ask other girls on here!  The best thing you can do is to be kind and try to talk things out.  If that doesn't work, give them some space for now and try again later.  Hang in there, girlie!

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 11:06:58 AM

you're amazing xx

As are you

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 11:00:56 AM

mod mod mod should i wear jeans tomorrow?

Sounds like a good idea to me!  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:59:06 AM

mod mod mod
my parent let me have cereal, but thanks!

Thank goodness!   I am soo glad. xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:57:04 AM

mod mod mod hide this i probably can't eat decently till tomorrow

I still suggest contacting a friend or neighbor if at all possible - it's no fun (and not healthy!) to be stuck in that sitch!

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:47:40 AM

mod mod mod

Hey girl, I think you should make an appointment with your doctor.  She can help you make a choice about what would be right for your situation.  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:45:23 AM

mod mod mod how do i figure out what plants are edible and are not without buying anything?

To be honest, I'm not sure.  There are websites about it, but you have to be really careful because it could be dangerous.  If you're really hungry, is there someone you can call who will help you out?  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:41:23 AM

mod mod mod i apprechiate your help

No problem!  I am more than happy to.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:39:50 AM

mod mod mod i've had to grow up really fast so i think it makes me immature in some ways? /:

It's totally normal to be mature in some ways and immature in others - no matter what your age or life experiences!  We all have the chance to keep growing up however we choose.  No need to feel :/ about it! Smile  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:38:18 AM

mod mod mod how are you?

I'm great, thanks for asking!  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:35:53 AM

mod mod mod

I understand - and I know it's a totally different experience.  I just meant that it's normal for girls your age to like taking care of kids, but not want to have one of their own yet.  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:32:49 AM

mod mod mod

I've known many counselors who were truly kind-hearted and wanted to help others - in fact, I believe most are!  It's up to you to decide who you feel comfortable talking with.  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:31:10 AM

mod mod mod i'm going to someones house tomorrow, what should i wear?

It depends what you'll be doing and what the weather is like!  Wear what makes you happy and is fitting for the weather and plans.  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:28:25 AM

mod mod mod can infected piercings be really bad for your health or are they just painful?

Any kind of infection can be bad for your health, but usually infected piercing don't cause long-term problems if taken care of quickly.  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:26:56 AM

mod mod mod
whats public school like? i've never been

It's fun and sometimes stressful, in my opinion!  It depends on what grade you're in and where you live, but basically you go to a variety of classes throughout the day, with lunch and some kind of breaks in between. I bet other girls on here could tell you more about what it's like!  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:25:01 AM

mod mod mod i dont think all my questions are going through?

Sorry about that!  If one gets missed, try posting it again.  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:20:07 AM

mod mod mod
is raw flour poisoness? i'm really hungry

It's not poisonous, but it can contain bacteria that could make you really sick.  I would recommend finding something else or waiting if possible.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:19:09 AM

mod mod mod

No, it's not weird at all!  We all love to help, and it can be fun to take care of kids - that's why so many girls choose to babysit!  But you're young, and you have plenty of time before making choices about having kids will be the right thing.  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:18:09 AM

mod mod mod i can't get any
i'm cut off from getting anything right now
would tape help?

I'm not sure, so I wouldn't recommend doing that.  If you happen to have gauze, you could use tape to hold it on.  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:15:36 AM

mod mod mod

Wow, I am so sorry to hear that.  I can't imagine how much that hurts.  If you can find a trusted adult to talk to, I would recommend that.  It sounds like you're going through a lot right now, and talking with someone you trust in person can make a huge difference.  Otherwise, do things to honor their memory (listening to a song they loved, making a scrapbook), but also keep yourself occupied with friends, school, and hobbies.  I'm wishing the best for you.  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:14:15 AM

mod mod mod i dont have a bandaid ):

You should get some!  It's important to cover a bad cut so it doesn't get infected.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:12:37 AM

mod mod mod

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that - I'm sure it really does hurt to miss him.  If there's no way to contact him, maybe you could do something special in his memory.  For example, you could make a scrapbook of pics of him, or go to the park where you two used to play.  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:08:42 AM

mod mod mod i cut myself really bad shaving a few days ago its sore would warm or cold water help?

Oooh, ouch!  I don't think the temperature matters...just make sure you cover it with a Band-Aid so you don't open the cut again!  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:06:24 AM

mod mod mod

Is there someone else in your community - your doctor, at church, or a sports team, for example - that you could reach out to?  You could also try a hotline like Teenline (the number is at the bottom of this article):  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx.  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 10:03:40 AM

mod mod mod

I'm so sorry that's going on.  It's really important to reach out to an adult - another family member, a teacher, doctor, or guidance counselor - you trust who will listen without making accusations and help you work through this.  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 9:57:03 AM

mod mod mod why do people assume all people who don't go to public school are super sheltered,antisocial and never party?

People make stereotypes about all kinds of groups, both good and bad.  Don't let other people's wrong assumptions affect you.  Be you and have fun - you'll be too busy to care what they say!  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 9:54:45 AM

mod mod mod
how can you deal with issues when you have little support?

Hey chica, you might consider other sources of support that you haven't used yet - like teachers or counselors at school.  But finding things to do on your own that can help you deal with stress - journaling, exercising, art - is also fab.  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 9:50:58 AM

mod mod mod
is there anything you can make out of just flour and water?

It's not edible, but you can make papier mache for a cool art project!  As for recipes, most require additional ingredients, such as butter, salt, sugar, or yeast.  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 9:49:17 AM

mod mod mod
whats a good color for a long sleeved shirt?

Hey chica!  Any color is fine!  It just depends what you like, what you feel best in, and what else you're wearing with it.  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 9:48:03 AM

mod mod mod

I'm not 100% sure, but it's a possibility as the tests don't distinguish between the two.  Check with your doc, who will know for sure (and will be able to write you a note if necessary).  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 9:46:53 AM

mod mod mod

Woah, that's a really intense thing for her to say.  Continue to talk with her about it, and if there are stressful things going on with your life (with friends, school, etc.) tell her about them, as well as how you're dealing.  Being open and honest with her will build trust.  If that doesn't work, consider talking with a counselor or other trusted adult about how to handle the sitch.  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 9:45:20 AM

i haven't slept in days

Girlie, that's not good - you must be exhausted!  Have you been stressing over something, or super-busy with a school project or activity?  If so, then see what you can do to work through those probs this weekend.  Enlist the help of a parent or friend, organize your schedule, whatev you need to do so you can relax and get some rest.  If you have trouble falling asleep at night, try to set a regular bedtime and routine, which includes doing something to relax (reading GL, maybe?), shutting down the electronics, and avoiding caffiene later in the day.  Still no sleep?  Talk to your doc - it's really important for your health and happiness that you get some ZZZs.  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 9:43:02 AM

mod mod mod
whats some activities i could do with my homeschool group?

Hey chica!  I guess it depends what you're looking for and how many people are in the group - is this for during the school day?  Is it a few people or a big group?  You could consider an art project, sports, playing a board game (or making up your own!).  Or maybe you could whip something up together... check out fab recipes here:  http://www.girlslife.com/category/recipes.aspx.  xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/29/2012 4:20:52 AM

how old is the girl tht wrote this????

by colie34720 on 9/27/2012 4:35:42 PM

why would she tell his parents? She should have told her OWN parents, this is a form of cyber-bullying. And the title is misleading....

by Glitterheart16 on 9/26/2012 11:19:05 PM

Telling his parents...in this case not a great move

by maggie183 on 9/26/2012 6:26:56 PM

I don't get the title. She ALREADY told his parents.

by Bobalina on 9/26/2012 5:55:10 PM

how old are the models in this picture? like, 8-10 years old? lol...what

by LuvYaBunches on 9/26/2012 4:58:46 PM

since i know have a bf my ex. bf is being mean and also my ex. is trying to be like this new kid in my schoolwho i hangout with is he trying to be cool or just paln stalkerish. i need help!

by 1120sami on 9/26/2012 4:02:48 PM

I think it's just best to let it go. Just bringing it up again will make it more awkward

by myfatsquirrel on 9/26/2012 3:47:35 PM

modmodmodmod
My sister's bat mitzvah is Saturday so I have 2 questions.
First, to her party I'm wearing bright blue, one shoulder dress with sparkle on the waist line and part of the chest. Im not sure how to do my makeup and hair. I have dark brown hair just past my shoulders with subtle red-brown highlights.
2nd question. My mom wants me to do a speech or a presentation for her at the party and I have NO idea what to do. Ive tried a song, a speech a powerpoint but nothing sounds good. Her friends are doing one so I can't not but I don't know what to do at all.

Hey girl, there are tons of great choices in our style section! Try loose waves or this gorgeous halo braid:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/02/02/Weekend-do-Dianna-Agrons-halo-braid-from-the-SAG-awards.aspx

For your makeup, use mascara, a cover up, and tinted gloss for a put-together yet simple look.

For your speech, a power point sounds great! you could play it with a song in the background, add pictures of you and her and your fam as she grew up and type down a couple great memories, quotes, and other things that remind you of her.

Lauren I.

by superstarlala on 9/26/2012 3:31:21 PM

how old r the people in this picture??? 10???

by lilmissamazing on 9/26/2012 3:16:54 PM

Hey girl. I know how that feels, liking a boy and then him being /so/ rude that you have to get his parents involved.
Good for you. It's awesome you fixed that problem.

by OMGabi on 9/26/2012 3:09:55 PM

1) my boyfriend broke up with me last week, we never went on a date (there were no movies we wanted to see). Im kinda hurt, cuz i feel i was just supposed to entertain him over the summer, but its not the i-just-wanna-watch-chickflicks-and-eat-icecream kinda breakup. I still feel a little hurt how do i get over him?
2) how do i unsubscribe to the look and get fit fast?
THANKS!

Hey girly, breakups are always tough. But look on the bright side, the more time you spend with a guy who wasn't meant to be, the less time you have to look for Mr. Right. So try not to think too much about this last fella and look at it as a great opportunity to find a guy even better. Until then, try distracting yourself with friends, books, makeovers, comedies, workouts and anything else that will get your mind off it...maybe even a new crush? As for your second question, I'm not sure. Try emailing your question to brittany@girlslife.com.

Lauren I.