10 HOURS AGO You'll never believe what this super thoughtful birthday babe did: http://t.co/rMv9b0LCrn

13 HOURS AGO 4 fad diets that just aren't worth the struggle: http://t.co/drOTmIYRz6

14 HOURS AGO What your hair #relaxer is realllllly doing to your body: http://t.co/hAhkOALMrE

COMMENTS

7 things you should (and shouldn't) expect for your first kiss

First kisses can be slightly nerve-wracking yet oh-so exciting! Know what to expect for your big moment, so that you can skip the worrying and go right...

Lanilulu- here's my advice:
You definitely don't want to kiss a guy for the first time in public, and you won't want it to be public for a while. Try asking the guy out. Go to dinner, or for ice cream, or something simple like that. Talk, tell stories, and do other basic 'romantic' things like holding his hand when you walk and smiling a lot. After a bit, find a place where the two of you can be alone. Then kiss him there.

by bookaholic128 on 8/5/2013 1:44:57 AM

Ok I have a question. I have boyfriend who's a year younger than me. He hasn't had his first kiss, but I have. He told me he wants to kiss me, but there's not like a time or place. At school, we see each other in P.E., lunch and in the hallways. I also want to kiss him, but I don't want to like make a scene or anything because the kids at my school are seriously immature. Any advice? Smile

by Lanilulu on 1/13/2013 1:15:22 PM

at sleep away camp i had my first kiss with this great guy! hes a little older and already had kissing experience so i was really nervous. whenwe kissed i realized there was nothing to be worried about! for what to expect:it may not feel as perfect as you imagine. also it could be a little wet so just be prepared and always chew gum 1st

by the cupcake queen:) on 1/9/2013 2:48:48 PM

Mod mod mod
How long do first kisses usually las?

Hey girl,

I think it really depends on the situation, because everyone's first kiss is different. You will know what to do when it happens!

Meghan D.

by Unicorn puke on 1/5/2013 8:40:13 PM

Mod mod mod
How can I ask my mom if I'm allowed to date?

Hey chickie, check this out..click here and here!

Jenn S.

by Unicorn puke on 12/28/2012 10:04:14 AM

How can I ask my mom when I'm allowed to date?

by Unicorn puke on 12/27/2012 10:00:54 AM

So me and my bf have been going out for a few months. We hadn't even held hands yet. But at our second to last date we held hands and he put his arm around me. I liked it, until he tried to kiss me. I wasn't really ready for that, and I tried to tell him that, but we ended up kissing once. No tongue or anything like that. I was ok with it, and he was cool about it. But then at our last date, he didn't hold my hand or anything. And at the end, we had kind of an awkward hug because my mom was standing right there. How can I tell him that now I'd like to kiss him?

by dragonsrox1000 on 12/1/2012 12:29:48 PM

I'm kind of annoyed. I have a crush on this guy and he likes to hang it with me and I get along really well with his buds. It made me really happy because it use to be that I didn't feel "worthy" to talk to any of them- my crush is 13 and all of his buds are 13 to 16, so I didn't know how to relate. Well, it turns out I have a lot to relate to guys...so like I said that made me happy. There's this girl I tend to hang with who totally lives my crush, too. Literally. She keeps telling me that she loves him, LOVE LOVES him, but she can hardly talk to him. I'm embarrassed to talk to my crush when I'm with her because she asks really weird questions, stuff that you don't ask until you actually know the person. Normally I'd feel sympathetic, but this is also the girl who told my crush I majorly liked him and left herself out of it. The day I foun out that she told him she started cracking up like I thought it was funny, and when I got his # she was giving me the silent treatment! ? What?!

by WashingtonGirlie13 on 11/5/2012 7:59:36 PM

Mod mod mod
How do you tell a guy you like him? Whenever I go near my crush or try to talk to him I get dizzy, my legs go weak, and my heart beat speeds up whenever he looks at me so what do I do?!?!

Hey Chica! Your response to your crush is totally normal and happens to everybody. Take a few deep breaths before starting the convo to calm yourself down. When you tell him , make sure it's in private, but strait to the point is the best way to tell him you're into him. Guy's don't always pick up on subtle details. Good luck!

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Lilja on 10/25/2012 4:12:14 PM

Mod
Ok so the guy I like is shorter than me , he's sweet and weird, I can make him and his buddies laugh (I can easily fit in with any crowd XD) and my friends say he likes me but I'm not the prettiest, smartest, coolest, sweetest, funniest, weirdest, craziest, nor the most athletic or most graceful. So what I wonder, is why would he like me! I'm ecstatic that he could possibly like me but there are so many way prettier girls (lol and way taller) in our school. I don't understand. I've been told I'm pretty, but I think I'm not as pretty as any of those girls...

hey girl! okay, so maybe you're not any of the MOST of those things, but you could be a jack-of-all-trades-- good at all of them! I bet you're pretty, and funny, and kind, and fun. So I'm not surprised he likes you! You make him laugh, you get along with his friends...what's not to like?

xoxo

Katie L.

by Lilacmoonstream on 10/24/2012 4:02:55 PM

Mod mod
Ok so I'm not very good friends with my crush (too shy) and today his best friend poked me in the back called my name "Lynna" and pointed over to my crushes other friend and that guy said something like "batman" (I'm not really sure the cafeteria is really loud I just smiled and turned around after I was sure they were done talking to me (I was so confused) but my crush was smiling at me a lil... They know I'm a New England patriots fan and we almost lost to the jets last night... But WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!!!

Hey girl, it's a bit tricky to call. I'd continue watching what they do but otherwise, just hold your ground. It's hard to judge just off this one case.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by lilacmoonstream on 10/22/2012 6:08:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have a new bf, and we've been goin out for 2 weeks. We went on a date last week and 2 this week, and when he kissed me (twice) he stuck his tounge in my mouth and I didn't like it at all! Plus there was so much saliva. How do I tell him that I don't like it when he does that?

Hannah H.

by swifty#1 on 10/9/2012 2:26:08 AM

ther's this guy I like that lives down the street from me who's so hot! And I want to date him. But here's the prob I'm 12 years old and he's 16 years old. By the time I'm allowed to date he'll 18!
What do I do?
Plus he's got a little sister around my age that I want to be friends with because I need friends but I also want him to like me back. He has trouble remembering my name whereas I know his 1st, middle, and last name!
What do I do?
His sister shows NO interest in wanting to be my friend.

Meghan D.

by Noissap on 10/5/2012 7:26:45 PM

Okay so this is going to sound awkward, but I'm just wondering and other girls were probably wondering too. So it says expect tongue... um... this is gonna sound weird but if that happened I would have NO IDEA what to do! I've never had my first kiss yet so if tongue comes into play i would be lost! Please help! Thank you!

Hannah H.

by xXMissBehavedXx on 10/4/2012 4:09:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Will you please answer my question!? I keep asking you! Sorry I'm not trying to be rude! I'm just curious!

by Justmecheyenne on 10/4/2012 2:14:15 PM

MOD
Im having kissing and dating problems. This guy told me he likes me and I like him back. I really want him to ask me out but he wont. I also have been hanging out with him for a really long time and he still hasn't kissed me! I dont know what to do because I really want to have my first kiss with him! Any advice? Thanks

Hannah H.

by pineapplelvr on 10/2/2012 2:26:56 AM

I want to make the guy I like my boyfriend! I've never had a boyfriend before though. I don't know how to do anything! I'm so shy and can barely talk to guys. I've been trying more and more lately though. He has done things like cared and and asked me about my self (once, haha. He asked if I did any sports. I told him and he said I bet I'm better than you, haha) I think he acts similar to everyone though...so, how can I, I don't know, talk to him I guess? Thanks.

Talking to him will definitely help! He needs to know you first! Try asking him question about himself! You could ask him about his classes, or family or even friends! These are good conversation starters that can lead to bigger conversations. You have to start somewhere! Maybe later on, you guys could exchange phone number and even start texting!
mailyse f.

by Laangelita23 on 10/1/2012 3:28:53 PM

My "first" didn't feel right because he planned it all out so I don't count that as my first, it didn't feel magical just two lips, it was gross. They should feel magical so if they dont then he's not for you.

by TeamAlice33 on 10/1/2012 8:04:13 AM

MOD MOD MOD -- I feel like in movies and shows and books even if it's their first kiss they always know what to do! When I have my first kiss, I'm scared I'm not going to know what to do and I'll panic and then the guy won't like me or something! I know the last part of that is probably a little more extreme (he's kissing me - he must like me), but I'm really afraid I'll panic and freak out and be completely confused! Someone told me there's no "way to kiss" but there must be! I have no idea what to do...what if he tries to tongue?! I have no idea how to do that! I probably shouldn't be worrying....but I am! It could happen at any time and I want to be prepared so I don't freak out! When I'm nervous (like before public speaking or doing something that I don't usually do, or even when I talk to guys which is probably lame) I start to shake and can't breathe well...so I don't really want that to be the reason I'm "breathless"... lol. Help me please!? thanks!

Hey laughlots, no worries calm down lol. I know you've heard that kissing will come to you naturally in the moment, but it will trust me. I was sooo nervous for my first kiss but I started to feel it and then everything fell into place. Believe me everything will work out. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by laughlots on 9/30/2012 11:31:01 PM

haven't had my first kiss yet and i'm a freshman...i'm waiting for the perfect guy <3

by myfatsquirrel on 9/30/2012 10:26:00 PM

so the guy i like goes to a different school then me. My friend somewhat talks to him, and she told him he should ask me to his dance. He said no because he was going with friends (i dont know any of his friends btw) then she was persistant and told him he should go to ours (theyre on different nights). Then he said he had to work that day. He didnt ask me about it or anything, but hes a little more talkative to me then usual, and i see him looking at me a lot. oh and Not being creepy or anything, but i was just on facebook on newsfeed i saw there were pictures of him with another girl with like the same colors on and stuff (basically matching). I was wondering if you think he's worth sticking with and waiting for something to happen, or to just find someone new because he may have a thing with someone else?? Im not quite sure.. Thanks a bunch Smile

Hey Cherries51, I think you should just wait it out before making a decision. Just because you like him doesn't mean you can't talk to other guys. It's okay to make a lot of friends right? Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Cherries51 on 9/30/2012 9:26:06 PM

*Moderator! Moderator! Moderator!*
Well, there is this thing I have and it's a tone correcting powder and I love it, because it makes redness go away, and it makes my face brighter. Can I also use that?

Hey girlie, yes you can! Use as much or as little makeup as you think makes you look good and feel confident.

Lauren T.

by WinnieGirlie on 9/30/2012 8:35:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
The guy I like I one year younger. I'm a freshman, and he's in eighth grade. We're pretty sure he's coming to my high school next year, and that's really exciting! But until then, Is there a way I could stay in touch with him? Or maybe do you have any advice on having a relationship when you're in separate grades? Thank you, I appreciate your reply!<3 (:

Hey girlie, talk to him whatever way you can. Whether that's Facebook chat or texting, keep in touch! If you can maintain your friendship and maybe hang out on the weekends then you'll have a good chance of finding out if he likes you too.

Lauren T.

by HowToLove on 9/30/2012 8:29:50 PM

*Moderator! Moderator! Moderator!*
So, I am 11 years old and I am in sixth grade, and I don't usually wear makeup to school. I don't know how to like start. My friend is always like "Are you wearing makeup?" and it's so annoying.

Hey girlie, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by how to start. But if you're looking to add some makeup to your daily routine, try some mascara and lip gloss. They help brighten up your eyes and face without looking unnatural.

Lauren T.

by WinnieGirlie on 9/30/2012 8:28:32 PM

A certain guy came in mind immediately.... Oh, imagining this being us, oh, makes me feel so wonderful. Magical. <3

by HowToLove on 9/30/2012 8:28:09 PM

"Do expect tongue!" Well okay GL, whatever you say. no pressure xD

by kenzi143 on 9/30/2012 8:26:19 PM

I had a dream that my crush and i were in love. So we sat next to each other in a class and suddenly, out of nowhere, he put his hand slowly over my shoulders. Then i moved my hands over there too so he could touch my hands. Then he grabbed my hands and pulled me over to his body. i was literally hugging him. He said", can we meet in my second hour class period?" i was scared and happy then when i was about to say yes, I woke up.
Best Dream EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
E.C.

by GLrulesmylife on 9/30/2012 8:17:53 PM

modmodmod
ok so I've caught my crush staring at me alot lately. I
don't know what to do though when I catch him staring. should
I smile? I don't know... Thanks!

Hey girlie, next time you catch him staring, make eye contact with him and smile. Let him know that you see him and you're interested too!

Lauren T.

by sailaway11 on 9/30/2012 7:58:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD I'm skinny but I'm really out of shape. I don't want to just be skinny,I want to be fit. How do I start? Thank you so much Smile

Hey girlie, good for you wanting to get fit! The best thing you can do is start out slow. Running is a great way to get in shape as it will improve your strength and endurance. Try the Couch to 5k program to get you started. It's a program that has you walk and run, increasing your running time as you get stronger.

Lauren T.

by iluvmusic♥ on 9/30/2012 7:15:42 PM

Mod mod mod
So I've really never been passionate about anything besides music and acting. I really want to be a singer in a band but my mum says I can't join a singing show. She'll let me do Youtube, though. And no one in my town is passionate about music the way I am. So, no band options. what do I do?

Hey girlie, find karaoke tracks that you can use to sing along with in your videos. You don't need a full band to practice and show off your talents.

Lauren T.

by angelicjade on 9/30/2012 6:36:48 PM

I met this one guy, Cameron, in July during a hockey camp. We bacame friends and he started to REALLY like me, I hang out with him weekly and that's when he told me that he loves me. He always tells me that I'm beautiful and he wants one chance with me. he says the sweetest stuff but I don't like him. plus his friend, zack, likes me and says equally sweet thingsFrown him and his friend has asked me out twice, individually! I want to just stay friends with both of them but I don't think that's an option without it getting really awkward and heart wrenching. Everyone says they want the kind of guy that Cameron is, my friends think I'm insane for saying no to him. His friends that I don't know know who I am because he consantly talks about me! I really don't want to hurt him or his friend...What do I do?

Hey girlie, tell him that you really like him as a friend but you're not interested in him that way. Suggest taking some time apart from each other to make it easier on both of you and then see if you can just have a normal friendship.

Lauren T.

by hockeygirl1999 on 9/30/2012 6:27:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have liked this guy, and he liked me last year too. We went out for a day but then he broke up with me. I didn't really care since we laughed about it an hour later. I still like him this year though! It's been a whole summer and I can't stop liking him! He's in all my classes and I dropped my books yesterday... He helped me pick them up!(Cheesy, I know, But it happened!) Everyone, including his best friend says he likes me but I don't know what to do! Help!

Hey girlie, talk to him about it. Tell him that you missed him this summer and you think you might still like him. It's a hard conversation to have, but then you'll either know that he likes you back or you'll be able to move on to someone new. But it'll be easier knowing and you'll feel better about it.

Lauren T.

by Jessie131 on 9/30/2012 6:06:06 PM

Modmodmodmodmod!
Thanks, Lynae, but I don't have a cell or a facebook! What could I say to him to get him alone, without it seeming akward? Thanks again!
~mypeeps112

What about instant messaging? You could im him and ask if he'd like to hang sometime. How is that? Xoxo

Lynae P.

by mypeeps112 on 9/30/2012 11:51:14 AM

honestly i dont care for this stuff....gross!

by bendybarbie2000 on 9/30/2012 11:42:54 AM

ModModModMod!
I was wanting to ask my crush out, but I don't know how... Any ideas? Thanks! ~mypeeps112

Hey mypeeps12, you could always text or Facebook message him. If you really want to get creative leave a note on his desk or in his locker or with one of his friends. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by mypeeps112 on 9/30/2012 11:41:14 AM

modmodmodmodmodmod
I got into a big fight with one of my ex bffs. She sent my a pic of her and my crush (who told me he liked me) almost kissing. I asked why she did that because i never did anything mean to her and she said she sent it just because she was mad I wasn't at that football, and she said that I'm social deprived loser with no friends. And she also said my crush hates me. I asked him if he really did, and he said no, he only went along with it because he was mad i wasn't there. How can I get her to stop being mean, and should i forgive my crush, i want to, but i also don't want to.

Hey kenny_peace_panda22, I think everyone deserves a second chance, but only if they actually feel bad for doing what they did. If they both seemed genuine in their apologies I would forgive them. So now you gotta decide what's the right thing to do. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by kenny_peace_panda22 on 9/30/2012 11:03:17 AM

Mod?
Reading this, i see my first kiss with my 2 year crush (yes i know its a loooong time) but i still cant help it >•< but the prob is... i havent seen him since march.....o_o since its beeen so long, im afraid he'll change into a different person! There are days if i wonder if he still remembers me! Ik he does, friends on fb,follows me on IG. But somehow lately, im convinced he likes me back. Help?

Hey YaYaYuiki, if you think he likes you back there's nothing to worry about. It's been all this time and you're still the same person right? So no worries. But if you want you can always send him a message or write on his Facebook wall just asking what's up. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by YayaYuiki on 9/30/2012 9:11:37 AM

I had my first kiss with my crush when I was in Preschool!!!! I'm serious!!! We were playing a game we made up called "Princess and Prince" and in it he "died" and I kissed him back to life! I'm not joking! So I've already had my first kiss! I don't really count it though since I was so little!

by turnonthemusic1 on 9/30/2012 9:03:46 AM

Mod mod mod I really want to lose weight in my thigh area, do you have any good work-outs for that?

Hey MusicIsLove123, check out some of these good GL articles on thigh exercises. Hope they help! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by MusicIsLove123 on 9/30/2012 8:38:20 AM

MOD MOD
This is so awkward for me to say but I don't know how a "tounge kiss" work.... And don't really know how to do it....

Hey Pinkkatie1999, kissing is one of those things you learn while and after you do it. You have to feel it and be in the moment for it to work. Don't worry about planning it out, let it happen and go with the flow. Trust me you will figure it out. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Pinkkatie1999 on 9/30/2012 7:36:12 AM

My boyfriend is so much shorter than me! Our first kiss is definitely gonna be awkward.

by emroxlol on 9/30/2012 12:12:50 AM