Bridget M.

is modding

43 MINUTES AGO The prettiest #plussize dresses for the holiday season: http://t.co/P3LO5eO3iu

AN HOUR AGO #Survey! What makes your BFF so awesome? http://t.co/oKeczVrJeV

AN HOUR AGO Dorks are cool—and here's all the proof you need (courtesy of @DorkDiaries): http://t.co/0Lip3O0yds #dorkdiaries pic.twitter.com/0HHWonz0J4

COMMENTS

Are school lunches leaving you hungry?

When the federal government passed the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, they intended to curb obesity and boost nutrition provided to kids across America through the...

I guess I am really lucky because my school doesn't serve lunches so everybody brings their own. The only bad part it that we only get about 6 or 7 minutes to eat! Everybody is like shoving food into their mouths and not eating all their lunch because once the bell rings our lunches have to go away! It doesn't help when their is a line at the microwave and you brought something that needs heating up! Hello??? we need to eat!!!!!

by cupcakecutie325 on 1/3/2013 4:14:03 PM

The best part is that the chicken and other types of meat in school lunches are barely meat, so you're basically eating a ton of garbage with zero nutritional value. However, if you are feeling hungry, pack a snack, or bring a lunch to school. The video was hilarious, though, especially when the kid fell out of the ambulance.

by Sangeet27 on 11/25/2012 9:36:24 PM

I think the new school lunch system is ridiculous. The seniors in high school get exactly the same amount of food to eat as the kindergartners! also a normal lunch looks like this at our school:
main course- overcooked burrito
sides-
lettuce (yes just lettuce, u must pay extra for the dressing)

apple slices sitting in murky water (that are salty for some reason)

corn that is like doused in pepper so it doesn't even taste like corn anymore.

yep, that is seriously what I had for lunch at our school yesterday. The cost? $2.75

by billabongbabe997 on 10/6/2012 11:17:21 AM

Our school has put into effect the policy of a plate lunch including a vegetable and our portions have decreased. Most of the kids will just throw out the veggie before they even sit down at the table. I'm all for the healthy choices, but i really don't think that's the way to do it. It's just a waste of money for us and for the school, also its a waste of food! What they really need to do is just make the entree healthier instead of decreasing the portion. Health is a personal choice and shouldn't be regulated by the government.

by cahbead21 on 10/3/2012 3:58:50 PM

At my school it's 2 dollars and 50 cents for another lunch and its a dollar for chips wat do u think we gonna choose

by cutie00 on 10/3/2012 7:34:37 AM

i really don't like the policy. our school has ala carte but it only has junk food and everyone goes there after they get school lunch because they are still hungry or they bring their own. even our principal packs a lunch for his kids because they don't get enough at school and they are in elementary. we aren't allowed food in our lockers either so we don't have the option to eat between classes and our school is small with over 1/2 of the students in sports.. :/

by SuperSquirrel on 10/2/2012 10:30:07 PM

I have to admit, some parts are funny. Like when the guy falls out of the ambulance.
But really, 750 - 850 calories might be enough for a child, but even then kids need more food. They are growing! Maybe they should pay attention to getting the adults to eat that many, then maybe they'll think differently--kids need more calories than adults, anyway! Adults don't want to starve, yet they are perfectly fine letting the kids starve. We see how you work, federal government, as long as you are happy why would you care how we feel?

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 10/2/2012 9:03:26 PM

I've watched this video like 20 times the night my dad showed it to me, he probly found it on Facebook, and I've had my S.S. teach, my cheer coach, and a TON of my friends! We all agree that the school lunches are jank, so me and two of my friends are trying to get the entire school to bring thier luches ALMOST every day, lunch ladies need pay and who doesn't love breakfast for lunch, anyways I hope this encourages many more people to do the same. BOYCOT SCHOOL LUNCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by mnc333 on 10/2/2012 8:46:37 PM

I bring my own lunch but at our school it is out of control because for lunch one day they served 2chicken wings and some not fresh fruit. If they are so worried they should spend a tiny bit more money and get regular chicken and grill or bake it. It might cost some but so does buying oil to fry everything with!

by starkidpotterfan on 10/2/2012 8:43:45 PM

I acually like what the policy does at my school. they give us a little less of the main course than before, but you can get as much fruits and vegatables as you want. so if your like me and love healthy food you can take as much as you want! We also can grab water while when we're inline. before we had to get in a different line to get water or any extra food. we dont have cookies or v8 anymore and i dont like that. but still! I know some kids who would just go to the special line and get a bunch of unhealthy stuff and just eat that. Eww!

by WhiteWolf13 on 10/2/2012 6:32:45 PM