3 HOURS AGO Snag stellar stylespo from the girls of #Evermoor: http://t.co/5da67UCMiX

4 HOURS AGO Because roasted pumpkin seeds are always on fleek: http://t.co/gbh6WJuZTy

5 HOURS AGO He spilled the beans about your crush—what would you do? http://t.co/kLUPJpNn4K

COMMENTS

Are school lunches leaving you hungry?

When the federal government passed the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, they intended to curb obesity and boost nutrition provided to kids across America through the...

Yep, I play Tennis, basketball AND do acting! And that's just school stuff! Otherwise I ride bike, practice tennis & basketball, walk my dog! And when I'm counting on lunch when I have a teeny breakfast, I starving when I get home. And when I tell my mom I'm starving, she thinks I'm exaggerating.

by lavlo on 10/1/2012 9:38:22 PM

I have!!! Last year our lunches tasted great and so like EVERYONE bought... We would spend half of our lunch period in line! The lunches are TERRIBLE this year! No one buys anymore! I didn't know why though.. Now I do!

by turnonthemusic1 on 10/1/2012 9:36:41 PM

Our school has been super affected by this policy. I'm a pretty healthy, fit person but they seriously won't let me buy lunch unless I get peaches. Just peaches. No other fruit. Yet some kids can get three pieces of pizza, a slushee, and pudding and I can get a nice little salad and mashed potatoes, but I can't get it without fruit. And the fruit is packaged, not even fresh. Okay, my rant is over Smile

by kenzi143 on 10/1/2012 9:29:32 PM

Are you serious? More calories doesn't always mean it keeps you fuller for longer periods of time. Eat the fruits and veggies on your plate instead of throwing them in the garbage and stop complaining.

by Harry-Potter-Fan on 10/1/2012 9:23:51 PM

I never buy... *shudders* The horrors of school lunches... And I'm vegetarian. Bringing is a lot better anyways.

by topaz1116 on 10/1/2012 9:02:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
So, I bring a homemade lunch, with lots of protein and other good stuff, but by the middle of the period after lunch, I'm starving. And I don't know why. It's literally, 20 minutes after eating, I am hungry! I think something is wrong with me.

Hey girl, why not try bringing a healthy snack to eat at some point during the day like an apple? Healthy things like fruit can keep you full so your stomach isn't growling during the afternoon.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by WinnieGirlie on 10/1/2012 8:18:52 PM

I have not been affected by the new school lunch policy. I think the video is a good way to spread the word about this issue, and I think the problem should be fixed by just limiting the unhealthy stuff in the cafeteria and added more healthy items.

by otter77 on 10/1/2012 7:03:05 PM

@ShirleyFeeney. I LOVE YOUR USER NAME!!!!! LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY FOREVER!!!!! and don't forget Lenny and Squiggy.

by Danerka on 10/1/2012 6:53:59 PM

The pic on top looks perfect... so. perfect.

They should have a policy where a kid in sports gets one thing with a little more carbs, since that's energy. Like an extra piece of bread with peanut butter.

by Danerka on 10/1/2012 6:51:50 PM

At our school we bring our own lunches which is really good for athletes like me who need dietary supplements and extra protein etc. However there is also a school canteen where u can buy food from. America should learn from our government.

by Synchrostar on 10/1/2012 6:48:04 PM