COMMENTS

Beauty Spy: Classic and glam Savannah B.

This GL gal from Charlotte, NC is a big fan of the basics--and in believing you don’t have to spend a lot to get them! Check out...

see, that's why i LOVE elf products. they are so cheap, and good quality. Nevermind wasting 50 bucks on a so-so blush, just buy elf!

by proballerina on 5/9/2013 8:12:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD hey! i'm going to my friend's birthday party tonight and since she loves photography, we're gonna do a photoshoot! I love posing and everything, except i'm not photogenic at all (braces...)! how can i...uh, make myself more photogenic i guess? haha. also two beauty/style questions. what should I wear? something cute and stuff. not over the top, but cute, chic, and a little dressy. like a skirt or something. and second, my makeup. I have tan skin (i'm indian, if that helps you imagine my skin tone). I'm not super dark, but not super light. i'm gonna do foundation/concealer as usual, and mascara. my eyes are really plain - they're simply brown. the center of them isn't even a different color than the outside part (I have no idea what it's called!). how can i make them look pretty and pop? eyeliner? eyeshadow? if eyeshadow, what color should I use?
sorry this message is so long! haha thank you so much!! Smile

hey! Being photogenic is all about knowing which angles flatter your face. Try posing a little in front of the mirror at home to see what works best for you. I think that skirts look cute with blousey tops, especially  if the skirt is a little tighter and the top is looser. The great thing about your complexion is that the tanner you are, the more makeup colors complement your skin tone. It looks really pretty to place a little bit of light eye shadow on the inner corner of your eye next to the bridge of your nose. You could use any color, but i think a shimmery silver would look nice. good luck!

Helen S.

by thatsnotawkward on 10/13/2012 3:36:57 PM

I have Pink Puch baby lips! I love it! I wear it everyday!

by AnnaB1234 on 10/12/2012 7:54:48 PM

Mod Mod Mod! hey thanks for being awesome and answering my questions i REALLY appreciate it. Also i was wondering how you become a beauty spy. I find it interesting and i have some cool products.thanks again. Smile

Hey girl,

Thanks for the positive feedback! This post has the link to a survey you can fill out to be a beauty spy--the contest is over but you can still enter to be a beauty spy! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/08/01/Become-a-Beauty-Spy-babe-and-win-1002b-in-beauty-booty.aspx

Meghan D.

by amileofroses on 10/6/2012 11:16:42 PM

modmodmod
how do you dress down a high-low skirt? it has some lace on it and it's sheer. how can i wear it to school? thanks!

hey girl! I love hi-lo skirts, and they're super easy to dress up or down. Try pairing it with a V neck in a complementary shade and some sandals for a casual look. Or make it tougher by wearing it with a denim shirt and biker boots. Or, for a girly look, try it with a floaty blouse and flats.

xoxo

Katie L.

by sailaway11 on 10/3/2012 4:35:09 PM

Okay, so I am soooo excited! My mom me and my friend and her mom are all going on a cruise but my skin is being so annoying. Any tips to get it cleared up before the end of October.

hey girl! OMG. I'm so jealous, that sounds amaze!!! Try using a light acne wash by Neutrogena or Clean & Clear, something with a bit of salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide to fight the acne. Make sure to wash off makeup before going to bed, and maybe even start using a weekly mask. If it doesn't clear up, remember there are more important things in life, LIKE THE FACT THAT YOU'RE GOING ON A CRUISE Smile

have fun, chica. xoxo

Katie L.

by cookiemonster15 on 10/3/2012 4:27:00 PM

modmodmod
ok so my bff's birthday party is on friday. I have no idea what to wear! me and the people that are going are all walking home together right to her house so i can't change. so i have to wear the clothes to school, so nothing to fancy.
any ideas? oh and it's new york city themed if that helps!
Thanks!!

hey girl! oh, NYC theme, sounds fun! I suggest something with sparkle, like a top or sweater with sequin details and a skirt. Not to fancy, not to casual, and some sparkly fun for that city feel!

xoxo

Katie L.

by sailaway11 on 10/3/2012 4:25:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Everyday I wake up on time, do homework for hours, i have no grade lower than a 99% in all my classes, and I just brought home three really hard tests which I got 100% on them all. I really want a Skype (a video chatting network) which every person in my school has one. I really want one. I could use it probably every day for homework and studying with my friends and lots of my friends don't have cell phones so a Skype would be amazing for me. When I ask my parents they say no! They say I'll lock myself in my room all night like I always do. I do everything I am supposed to and when I really want something I can never have it. It's getting depressing. How can I get my parents to relent into letting me have a Skype! No matter what I tell them about me not locking myself in my room they don't believe me! They never do!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Hey girl! Skype can be a really useful way to stay in touch with friends, and I love using it! Your parents have good reasons though for not wanting you to have one. However, every girl deserves a chance. Ask if you can have Skype for just one week, and for that one week they can sit in on your Skype calls, ask you about the software, etc. That way, they'll feel more comfortable with it! Also, if you are responsible about it, they'll see that you don't stay on it constantly. If they say no to the week long trial period, ask if you can have it at the end of the semester, or school year. If they STILL say no, it's time to move on. You did what you could, and they're not budging! Sometimes, it seems like our parents are getting in our way, when really all they want to do is help us. Trust their judgement on this one and hang in there.

xoxoxo