AN HOUR AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 Western chick wrangles these @BuccoCapensis navy boots: http://t.co/o8FUIQYMbr

2 HOURS AGO Snag a sneak peek of @jacquieleemusic's new EP: http://t.co/CsAj7j0goN #thevoice

2 HOURS AGO This could be us at #Homecoming, but you playin' http://t.co/HsMGXHMz8v

COMMENTS

Help! Tampons freak me out

I just got my first period last month, and I used pads. I think they’re really uncomfortable and they totally don’t work for my dance classes, but...

I don't like tampons they're really uncomfortable

by Dizzy Little Dreamer on 6/19/2013 1:03:55 AM

MOD
I'm starting swimming classes this summer, and they go from nine in the morning to eight at night. I'll need to wear tampons (of course) but even though i've been trying to use them more often the past few months, i still can't get a hang of them. I have used them before, but for some reason i can't wear them one after the other. i've only ever used them on the first day of my period and a few days later. anytime too soon, and it hurts-a lot! I don't know how to describe it, but i can't push it in and when i try to, it almost... stings. I'm worried that since my swim classes are everyday, i won't be able to wear them, especially since i'll have to put them in during lunch or something while i'm there. Why does it hurt and how can i get quicker at putting them in? Thank you!

Hey girlie. Well these things come with practice. Read these two articles all about tampons here and here. If that doesn't help, make sure you ask your mom or guardian. Maybe they will be able to help you out since the situation is an urgent one. Good luck with your classes! xx
Jess D.

by ladedagirl on 6/14/2013 4:27:42 PM

quick! i am going swimming later today and i have my period and i tried a light flow tampon today during school and it leaked a bit! should i just try a bigger tampon when i go or should i sit out?

by animallover0 on 6/12/2013 1:18:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
I have had my period for a while now and I use pads... I rlly hate them tho! It feels like your walking around in a diaper Frown((( I REALLY want to use tampons, but i tried them b4 and it rlly hurt Cry I am going camping soon and i KNOW i will be on my period.. I rlly want to use tampons.. any advice?? Thx

Hey! Just that practice makes perfect. As long as you follow the directions carefully you'll get the hang of it eventually and then you really can't feel them at all Smile it's great. You can do it! Keep on trying.

Helen S.

by emily_bergi on 5/30/2013 6:26:14 PM

I am 16 and I have been having my period since I was 11 I always used pads. I want to start using tampons but every time I try, it won't go in. I don't know what's wrong and I don't feel comfortable talking to my mom about it. I got the smallest tampons I could find and I have tried many times but I always feel resistance and pain. I don't want to hurt myself and I am getting very frustrated. I know you are supposed to be calm and everything else that the directions say but I still can't do it. I heard that I should try to lubricate the end of the tampon but I haven't tried that yet. Any other advice??

by Ithilethiel on 5/22/2013 3:09:16 PM

I think i have a weak bladder.Does this mean i cant wear a tampon.

Hey girlie,

I don't think that will affect your tampon use at all! Smile

Meghan D.

by MTC 415 on 4/21/2013 12:29:38 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I hate wearing pads but my mom wont let me wear tampons because of TSS how can i convince her

Hey girlie. Your mom has a point - TSS can be pretty serious when you get it. But maybe try asking her if you can wear a tampon some of the time, like if you know you're going to have gym that day, or during sports - times when wearing a pad is most uncomfortable.
Florence N.

by zoenep on 3/29/2013 12:24:51 AM

HELP!!
so im 15 now and i just started using tampons, so i know how to put it in and all that but i still have some more questions. When i insert a tampon i have to lay on the bathroom floor with a mirror (Sorry if that makes you grossed out). But now i need to learn how to insert it sitting down or standing up because of school. I tried today at school during lunch but it just wouldnt go in while i was sitting down...i need help...i'm not suppose to see it right, because when i put in in while sitting down i still see the bottom of the tampon. I stick the platic part in all the way, well atlest i think.??

Hey anitakay11, try propping your leg up on the bathroom stall wall to insert it at an angle. That may help it go in easier. Also try practicing different positions at home. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by anitakay11 on 3/26/2013 6:02:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Tampons really freak me out, I'm not that scared but just the thought of having something, no matter how small, ect... In my vagina just kinda freaks me out.My mom respects my decisions of period products, she said if I wanna wear tampons, I can, if I don't, she's not gonna force me. Can you give me some tips to dial down the fear factor? Thank you in advance.

Hey girlie, the best way to get over your fear is to face it. Just relax and try one. You'll see when you try using a tampon that it's not scary and doesn't hurt.

Lauren T.

by ShirleyFeeney on 3/25/2013 3:33:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD (don't know what that means but okay)
So I'm thirteen and I started my period in the middle of December. And it was kinda heavy. Like I had to change these diaper sized pads about every 30 mins to and hour. But it hasn't come back and it's the middle of march. I'm kinda scared but I don't wanna ask my mom about it. Also I'm scared about using tampons. I know, I sound like a wimp but seriously, I dont like the fact that some plastic thing with a string will be up my va- jay-jay for hours at a time. Help!!!

hey! next time you see your doctor definitely ask about this. It's your health and you have no reason to be embarrassed about asking questions. I understand that tampons are intimidating, but you should know that tampons themselves aren't made out of plastic. most are made out of soft fiber like pads. many tampons have outer plastic shells called applicators that you use to insert them, but after that they're empty and you just throw them away. If you practice using them you'll get the hang of it Smile good luck!

Helen S.