2 HOURS AGO Wanna see what the stars have in store for your future? http://t.co/t6rGzm22ZX

5 HOURS AGO Our secret for beating bestie battles: http://t.co/VHvHgYJ4lj

6 HOURS AGO 20 ultra-easy fashion DIYs: http://t.co/sqS2OUFOue

COMMENTS

Help! Tampons freak me out

I just got my first period last month, and I used pads. I think they’re really uncomfortable and they totally don’t work for my dance classes, but...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD PLEASE ANSWER (:
My period started like an hour ago, and my dad (my mom died right after I was born)isn't home
I don't an any pads or tampons, and I've already ruined like 4'pairs of underwear. How do I get the stain out? And what am I supposed to use until my dad gets home?

Hey girlie, while you're waiting for your dad to get home you can try using toilet paper. Just shape it into a pad shape and put in your underwear as a temporary fix. If you can, call your dad and ask him to pick something up for you on his way home. As for the stains in the underwear, wash them out in the sink or bathtub with cold water and a little bit of soap. If the stains are fresh they'll come out pretty easily.

Lauren T.

by kat_13 on 11/4/2012 5:11:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So the other i started my period for the first time, im using tampons, but whenever i put them in it is really uncomfortable and almost painful, did I put it in wrong? it is supposed to hurt when you first start using them? help!! thanksSmile

Hey Girl, Yes, its normal for a tampon to hurt the first time you try them. THis link might help you out:

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by liddywitty on 11/1/2012 3:45:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Please help! For four months, I have gotten a sort of mini period with spotting, cramps, and the whole shebang... Just not much blood. It all happens around the same time of the month. So, it's around that time again, and for the first time today, there was blood when I wiped. Did I finally start my real period? If I didn't, how soon can I expect it? Also, I told all my best friends that I got my period last night... Now I feel guilty because what if its not? I want to tell my bestie, but I feel really guilty. Please answer my questions ASAP! Thanks!

Hey girl-

It definitely sounds like you started your period. Just monitor it over the next few days. It won't be "normal" by any means for a few months though. xoxo

Alexis G.

by purple10115 on 11/1/2012 7:57:45 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I just started using tampons, but it hurts to take the tampon out. I've read that it's because the tampon was too high of an absorbancy, but i guess that wasn't the case because i bled through onto the pad i was wearing underneath. Can you help?

hey girl! it could just be because your bod isn't so used to it yet. give it time, and it won't hurt anymore. also, if you take it out at a weird angle that can happen. try to follow the instructions on the box, that should help!

xoxo

Katie L.

by HoopsGirl99 on 10/30/2012 4:19:22 PM

mod mod mod
How often are you supposed to get ur period (like how long does it last and how many days apart your periods are) and my first period ended yesterday, and since then my "down there" has been really itchy. I don't know why?. I tried changing the brand of soap I use.

Hey girl,

You should get your period about every 28 days, though it's normal to be irregular at first. If you're itchy and have tried a different soap, try trimming your hair and if that doesn't help I would talk to your mom or a doc to make sure you don't have a yeast infection (and if you do, they're easily treatable!).

Meghan D.

by Swift_lover123 on 10/26/2012 11:07:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
What is the difference between your period and spotting?

Hey girly, spotting is what you get before you get your first period or inbetween periods. It's just a tiny but of blood and just lasts maybe a day or two. Your period is a fairly steady flow of blood that can last anywhere between 3 and 8 days.

Lauren I.

by Swift_lover123 on 10/26/2012 2:14:51 AM

The best advice I can give is to insert the tampon at a diagonal angle, sort of towards your spine, if you know what I mean. That's what kept messing me up at first. Also, if you mess up once, unwrap a new one and try again in like an hour. And don't get down if you can't get it at first, just think; you're better at doing it now than a guy would be after five years of trying. ;)

by grace1089 on 10/20/2012 9:46:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD i turn 10 next week but i have white and brown stuff in my undies what is it?

You're just starting puberty! There is nothing to worry about! The white stuff is probably discharge and the brown stuff could be the beginning of your period! If you're really concerned, ask your mom or an older sister if you have one!
mailyse f.

by andra616 on 10/15/2012 4:28:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm fifteen and just got my first period at the beginning of this year. (I get this late blooming from my mom and her family) This summer, my period just happened to be the week of church girls camp, I wasn't using tampons yet and it was really heavy and bled through a lot of my shorts and while I was asleep, onto my sleeping bag. So now, I am super self conscious and way worried that at school it's going to happen again. I'm using tampons now, and have told my mom, but there's nothing she can really do to help. Is there anything to help me get over this fear?

Hey girlie, I can't think of anything right now to help you to get over your fear exactly. But you can use super tampons and wear a pad during your period so you have extra backup. That way as long as you're changing your tampon every few hours there's very little risk of bleeding through your clothes.

Lauren T.

by KKH81497 on 10/14/2012 5:17:24 PM

MODMODMOD!
A couple of weeks ago, I got my first period. But there is ONE big problem...
I don't dare to tell my mom! My plan is to wait until my next period and then tell her, but I think that I still don't dare to say it to her then! Please help!

Hey girly, getting nervous about talking to your mom is understandable, but try to remember that periods are no big deal. Your mom knows all about them and knows that you were going to get yours soon and I'm sure she's ready for it. Plus, your mom can help you with period things like pads, tampons and cramps. If your still too nervous about getting the words out, try writing her a note and putting it in her purse or someplace she'll be sure to find it. Good luck, babe. And congrats on your first period.

Lauren I.