11 HOURS AGO How to ask a guy out and not be super awk and sketchy: http://t.co/l6Imxj9xVp

14 HOURS AGO Feelin' crafty? Make mom the perf #MothersDay prezzie: http://t.co/Of1DdcU6k7

15 HOURS AGO 6 excuses to get off your butt and have some fun outdoors: http://t.co/z1vY4OZjTX

COMMENTS

Help! Tampons freak me out

I just got my first period last month, and I used pads. I think they’re really uncomfortable and they totally don’t work for my dance classes, but...

MOD MOD MOD MOD (Lynae P ?)
Can a MOD other than Hannah H please answer my question? I really need an answer ASAP!! My question was since im at the very end of my period and im getting light brownish almost pinkish brownish, but not really discharge am i safe to go swimming without a tampon? my flow is super duper light, if anything at all, thanks! And sorry if im being impatient/rude!

Hey girlie,

I think it's safe.  You're really the best judge of your own body and its situations, so if you think you're in the clear then you probably are.  It's not like you'll be in the water for several hours straight without any way to check up on if things are going well or not.
Jordan S.

by swimmergirl14 on 10/9/2012 6:05:30 PM

when i tried to put the tampon in the private thing i kept shaking so i gave up and i was scared so wht do i do

by magskelly on 10/9/2012 5:54:34 PM

so i asked my mom how do doctors know when you will have your period she said they look at other developments
say your doctor said you will get your period at uhh 13 could you get it earlier or later

Hey babe,

Your period is generally something that you can't tell simply from looking, but your mom is correct.  Your body goes through other changes about the time when your first period may come.  It's different for every girl, but your hips tend to get wider, your breasts grow, you grow pubic hair, you experience thicker discharge or spotting, you get cramps, etc.  But when it comes down to it, it's very hard to get an exact idea of when.
Jordan S.

by Wildunicorns on 10/9/2012 5:24:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD !!
My comment was posted and it said Hannah H. answered it but theres isnt an answer!! Could a MOD please answer it? thanks!Smile

Hannah H.

by swimmergirl14 on 10/9/2012 3:47:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD !!!!
So im at the very end of my period, and when i go to the bathroom, there isn't any red just like light brownish (almost pinkish brown but not really) discharge. I have swim practice tonight, and don't want to use a tampon. Am i safe for practice or am i still having my period? Help! Thanks!

Hannah H.

by swimmergirl14 on 10/9/2012 3:10:37 PM

MODMODMOD!
A couple of weeks ago, I got my first period. But there is ONE big problem...
I don't dare to tell my mom! My plan is to wait until my next period and then tell her, but I think that I still don't dare to say it to her then! Please help!

Hannah H.

by Moira1999 on 10/9/2012 12:35:37 PM

So many of people who dont use them dont know even know how to put them in and there is a lot of wrong information about them, especially from friends.

I think more of my friends know how to put a condom on a guy than even know how to use a tampon themselves, and we should be knowledgeable about both. For some activities they are a must and the only way to go!!

by fashionqn on 10/8/2012 4:44:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I haven't gotten my period yet, but I'm only 12. My mom said that she got her period in the beginning of 8th grade. I just started 7th grade. I have whitish-yellow discharge regularly, but otherwise no other symptoms of getting my period soon. Am I definitely going to get it next year?? Thanks!

Hey girlie, there's no definite. But you're likely to get it around the same time as your mom. It's always good to be prepared just in case though.

Lauren T.

by parisgirl101 on 10/7/2012 8:57:19 PM

what shape am i?
im a 36A and size 8 jeans (junior) and a medium waist and im quite short
short enough for petite
but i have bigger legs and when i stand up straight my tummy is quite flat

Hey girlie, it's hard for me to tell from that description. But if you google body shapes you can find images that will help you determine what shape you are. I would guess at hourglass, but you can double check that to be sure!

Lauren T.

by lotsaluv101 on 10/7/2012 8:44:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I got my period last August (2011). For about 3 months, my period was like clockwork, but recently it's been every other month. Also, if I don't take Ibuprofen, I get cramps almost every day. Is this normal?
Thanks! Smile

Hey girlie, it's usually normal for you period to be irregular for up to a year. But since you've had yours for over a year you might want to talk to your doctor about what you can do to make it more regular. You can also talk to your doctor about the cramps. Cramps are normal and vary in intensity for different girls, but you can take things to lessen the pain.

Lauren T.