AN HOUR AGO Show off YOUR fab sense of style by designing a #stuckatprom dress with @theduckbrand! Click here for more deets: http://t.co/tvp0u6bvXh

2 HOURS AGO Literally can't even get over Anna and Elsa's hair! #Frozen: http://t.co/ZhxvmJkbqx

3 HOURS AGO 20 dollar sandals > everything: http://t.co/YSpawTYP4f

COMMENTS

Help! Tampons freak me out

I just got my first period last month, and I used pads. I think they’re really uncomfortable and they totally don’t work for my dance classes, but...

MODMODMODMOD!!!
so I get back cramps in lower back the first or second week each month. Then 1or2 weeks later I get spotting. Idk if its my period but it's brown discharge. I started it 2will months ago and its getting regular. Is that normal??

Hey girl,

That doesn't sound like it's your period, but I'm not an expert, so I would talk to your mom or a doc to be sure!

Meghan D.

by YayaYuiki on 10/7/2012 12:54:24 AM

I actually started using tampons recently and I swear people mean it when they say it's nothing to be scared of. Actually, they're really great and comfortable.

by ohheyitsjennyy on 10/6/2012 10:25:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD (Lauren I)
If you're not Lauren I, here's the lowdown... I've been spotting and cramps every month for three months now, and they have all lasted 4-5 days. It's so light that I don't even have to use a panty liner, but is it still my period? And if its not, when is my full period supposed to come. Grrrr, I'm so frustrated because I wish it would come already and stop being so dramatic (my period). Please help me! The other mod says it should last at least three days, and these last 4-5. What do you think, and when is my full period supposed to come? 4 months after first spotting?I really need some help!

Hey girl,

That sounds like it's not a full period, but I'm not sure! I would talk to your mom or a doc to see what's up. Your period will come when it's ready, though, so there's no need to worry Smile

Meghan D.

by purple10115 on 10/5/2012 5:20:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I've had what I think is my period for three months now. Every month I get cramps and blood, but its always such a small amount. I don't really know how much blood is a period. I think it's my period because it always happens at the same time every month and I get cramps and everything. Is it normal for it to be so light that I'm not sure if its my period or spotting? Also, I'm a competitive swimmer and I'm 14, so is my swimming making my period or whatever light? Please, I really need some clarification on whether this is my period or not. It's so light I don't even have to wear a panty liner! Grrrrr, so frustrated, please help! I wish it would just get heavy or something already!

Hey girly, I'm not doctor, so for the best info you should definetly talk to yours. In general, a period so light that you don't need to use a liner is unusual. A period needs to be heavier to do its job and it will usually last at least 3 days. But in my opinion, since you get cramps and blood the same time each month, it sounds like this might be your body gearing up for a full period. When you first get your period, it can be really light or irregular or do all sorts of funny things. As you get a little older, your period should get heavier. If your a healthy weight and eating properly, your swimming shouldn't affect your period. But like I said, I'm no doc so if your worried talk to your doctor. She's there to listen! Or don't be scared to mention it to your mom.

Lauren I.

by purple10115 on 10/5/2012 7:12:49 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
i've been having my period for a year now, its really heavy and runny... im not supposed to tell anyone this, but im on birth control pills because its so heavy, and just last month it lasted 2 weeks ON birth control pills. is that normal?!?!i also still get vaginal discharge. is that normal??? I'm REALLY REALLY scared to use a tampon because the last 3 times i tried (it was to go swimming)it hurt SOOO BAD to the point where i cried and it only made me bleed more. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Hey girly, sorry to hear about your period troubles. It is perfectly normal to still get discharge after you get your period. Getting your period for two weeks is a little unusual, Generally it should be anywhere between 3-8 days. Though, you just went on BC, and that can cause your period to do weird things at first. Give your body another month or two to get used to the change and your period should become less heavy and shorter.  Tampons definetley take some getting used to, but you don't need to use them if you don't want to.There are pads for heavy periods that you can use.  I recommend Always Infinity - they're more comfortable than most other pads i've tried.  Also, I'm no doc so don't be afraid to talk to yours. That's what she's there for!

Lauren I.

by lilja on 10/5/2012 7:03:39 AM

eewwwww!!!! I could never stick my finger "up there" that's gross. I hope the string never comes off while I'm wearing a tampon!!!!

by taylorswiftlover101 on 10/4/2012 11:35:00 PM

Tampons scare me too! They seem like they would hurt if you put it up there. I haven't had my period yet so I don't have to worry yet.

by YouCanCallMeCat on 10/4/2012 5:19:39 PM

is it normal to feel wird when walking with a tampon inside you proprly

by purplegirl1753 on 10/4/2012 4:59:39 PM

The strings can come off? Ok, now im really scared lol.

by baileymoose on 10/4/2012 1:28:37 PM