6 HOURS AGO Get a lil mysterious with 4 non-verbal flirting tricks: http://t.co/NbbiVk3aZP

9 HOURS AGO 5 #DIY options for your Thanksgiving table centerpiece: http://t.co/NS6hhu9ckR

10 HOURS AGO 5 Xmas smoothies that prove holiday treats CAN be healthy: http://t.co/YDVZvghmQg

COMMENTS

Cool Halloween costume ideas you have in your closet

For a girl-on-the-go, a Halloween costume can sometimes be the last thing on your mind. So what’s a gal to do when your best buds invite you...

1. Think of your crush
2. Make a heart with your hands
3. Kiss the heart
4. Put the heart where your real heart is
Tomorrow your crush will ask you out
This will only work if you post this on your favorite article

Disclaimer: I am only doing this to see if it will work. If it doesn't, don't blame me!

by parisgirl101 on 11/1/2012 7:22:10 PM

target actually has a ready-made costume for waldo!

by loppyears12 on 10/16/2012 7:01:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
II try not to be too overachieving in class though cuz I don't really like the attention for that very much. But every once in a while I'll say something scholarly and my friends will be like, "Wow, you're probably going to go to Hrvard and be a brain surgeon." They mean it as something nice, but it makes me uncomfortable because I really, really, realy don't want to be a doctor or a lawyer or anything like that. I want to be an actress or a talk show host or a singer. Is that bad?

Hey girl,

You deserve to do whatever makes you happy! And as you grow up, you might find out that you have talents you didn't know you had, or that you thought you had a skill in one area when you really had a skill in another area. What you want might change as you get older (and you might decide you actually do want to be a doctor or lawyer!), but for now, just focus on doing well in school and don't worry about the future yet. You can pursue your dreams, whatever they are, as you grow up, and what your friends say won't matter. Keep up the good grades and you'll be great at whatever you decide to do!

Meghan D.

by mrsboobeartomlinson on 10/12/2012 6:14:54 PM

Im having a hard time deciding what i want to be for Halloween. I need a couple ideas that would be cheap (like under $40) and original. I kinda want to be a vampire but the fangs i want are expensive and i can't find a costume i can wear to school. The outfit needs to cover my shoulders and can't be too low or too short.

Hey girl, I totally understand. Halloween's a fun little challenge in that way, but luckily there's tons you can be with clothes in your closet! Try brainstorming some of your fave movie and TV characters and see if you have any clothes that look like them. For example, one year I was Nancy Drew, so I used a brown dress I had and a trench. Get creative with what you've got and then add accessories to complete the look.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by luvmonkey1313 on 10/8/2012 5:23:51 PM

So I wanna do the Rosie the Riveter costume but Im not sure bout bottoms. Help please!!

Thats an awesome costume idea! Find a red polk-a-dot bandana for you head and a denim or blue button down shirt. Make sure to roll up the sleeves of shirt and apply red lip stick. As for the bottoms, wear jeans or blue/red pants. If you want to go all out, dirty up your face!
mailyse f.

by tumbler457 on 10/8/2012 3:26:17 PM

who's black swan?

by naterwie on 10/7/2012 11:48:47 PM

I'm gonna be a 1950's girl. My entire costume was made from pieces in my closet and only cost 10 bucks!

by sprinklz28 on 10/7/2012 11:29:42 PM

My friend and I are going as witches this year, but these are some really great ideas! Definitely going to have to try one of these sometime. I also saw a really cool article on Rookie Mag about how to make a board game character into a costume. So on my Halloween to-do list I have Princess Lolly, Scarlet, Katniss, Rosie the Riveter, and Waldo! These next few years should be interesting...Laughing

by ohheyitsjennyy on 10/7/2012 9:01:22 PM

My friend told me to be Rosie the Riveter, but I really didn't know how to dress as her. The costumes you can buy look NOTHING like her. This really helped me. Thanks GL!!!!

by squizzcute on 10/7/2012 8:01:52 PM

Me and my buds are going as The Beatles! We all found our costumes at a thrift store and my costume's total was only $7!

by MadelineSinger1 on 10/7/2012 6:39:21 PM