12 HOURS AGO Wanna see what the stars have in store for your future? http://t.co/t6rGzm22ZX

15 HOURS AGO Our secret for beating bestie battles: http://t.co/VHvHgYJ4lj

16 HOURS AGO 20 ultra-easy fashion DIYs: http://t.co/sqS2OUFOue

COMMENTS

Cool Halloween costume ideas you have in your closet

For a girl-on-the-go, a Halloween costume can sometimes be the last thing on your mind. So what’s a gal to do when your best buds invite you...

1. Think of your crush
2. Make a heart with your hands
3. Kiss the heart
4. Put the heart where your real heart is
Tomorrow your crush will ask you out
This will only work if you post this on your favorite article

Disclaimer: I am only doing this to see if it will work. If it doesn't, don't blame me!

by parisgirl101 on 11/1/2012 7:22:10 PM

target actually has a ready-made costume for waldo!

by loppyears12 on 10/16/2012 7:01:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
II try not to be too overachieving in class though cuz I don't really like the attention for that very much. But every once in a while I'll say something scholarly and my friends will be like, "Wow, you're probably going to go to Hrvard and be a brain surgeon." They mean it as something nice, but it makes me uncomfortable because I really, really, realy don't want to be a doctor or a lawyer or anything like that. I want to be an actress or a talk show host or a singer. Is that bad?

Hey girl,

You deserve to do whatever makes you happy! And as you grow up, you might find out that you have talents you didn't know you had, or that you thought you had a skill in one area when you really had a skill in another area. What you want might change as you get older (and you might decide you actually do want to be a doctor or lawyer!), but for now, just focus on doing well in school and don't worry about the future yet. You can pursue your dreams, whatever they are, as you grow up, and what your friends say won't matter. Keep up the good grades and you'll be great at whatever you decide to do!

Meghan D.

by mrsboobeartomlinson on 10/12/2012 6:14:54 PM

Im having a hard time deciding what i want to be for Halloween. I need a couple ideas that would be cheap (like under $40) and original. I kinda want to be a vampire but the fangs i want are expensive and i can't find a costume i can wear to school. The outfit needs to cover my shoulders and can't be too low or too short.

Hey girl, I totally understand. Halloween's a fun little challenge in that way, but luckily there's tons you can be with clothes in your closet! Try brainstorming some of your fave movie and TV characters and see if you have any clothes that look like them. For example, one year I was Nancy Drew, so I used a brown dress I had and a trench. Get creative with what you've got and then add accessories to complete the look.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by luvmonkey1313 on 10/8/2012 5:23:51 PM

So I wanna do the Rosie the Riveter costume but Im not sure bout bottoms. Help please!!

Thats an awesome costume idea! Find a red polk-a-dot bandana for you head and a denim or blue button down shirt. Make sure to roll up the sleeves of shirt and apply red lip stick. As for the bottoms, wear jeans or blue/red pants. If you want to go all out, dirty up your face!
mailyse f.

by tumbler457 on 10/8/2012 3:26:17 PM

who's black swan?

by naterwie on 10/7/2012 11:48:47 PM

I'm gonna be a 1950's girl. My entire costume was made from pieces in my closet and only cost 10 bucks!

by sprinklz28 on 10/7/2012 11:29:42 PM

My friend and I are going as witches this year, but these are some really great ideas! Definitely going to have to try one of these sometime. I also saw a really cool article on Rookie Mag about how to make a board game character into a costume. So on my Halloween to-do list I have Princess Lolly, Scarlet, Katniss, Rosie the Riveter, and Waldo! These next few years should be interesting...Laughing

by ohheyitsjennyy on 10/7/2012 9:01:22 PM

My friend told me to be Rosie the Riveter, but I really didn't know how to dress as her. The costumes you can buy look NOTHING like her. This really helped me. Thanks GL!!!!

by squizzcute on 10/7/2012 8:01:52 PM

Me and my buds are going as The Beatles! We all found our costumes at a thrift store and my costume's total was only $7!

by MadelineSinger1 on 10/7/2012 6:39:21 PM

I WAS GOING TO BE BLACK SWAN!

by iRead on 10/7/2012 1:01:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I don't mean do something with my friends.. I just want to go trick or treating.. But I don't know hwo to ask them

Ask them if you can go trick or treating before you guys head to the hotel. Who knows maybe people in the hotel will be giving out candy. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by WinnieGirlie on 10/7/2012 10:18:50 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
For halloween, my parents want us to go to a hotel or something like that instead of trick or treating, but I really want to trick or treat. I'm getting older (6th grade) and they might not want me to go next year. And I love halloween, and I have a great costume idea. How can I convince them?

Hey WinnieGirlie, gather a group of your friends you can go with and tell them you want to hang with them. Also tell them they you may not even be able to trick or treat next year. If that doesn't work see if you can invite your friends to the hotel. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by WinnieGirlie on 10/7/2012 10:01:42 AM

OMG so I really want a super cute halloween costume, but i don't wanna order it. I have a spirit halloween store, which is super creepy but has almost EVERY costume there is to exist. Here are some of my ideas, which is ur fave? Any suggestions on other costumes? Thx (sry i'm like super annoying):
Mad hatter (cute though)
Cute witch (with like tiny hat and stuff)
Vampire (creepy contact lenses and stuff)

Hey ColosalMascara, I like the cute witch idea. You could wear a nice dress with cool makeup and the hat. I think it's simple yet festive. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by ColosalMascara on 10/7/2012 9:07:33 AM

I love the first one! Smile

by BabyDahl13 on 10/6/2012 6:51:19 PM

im going as red riding hood!

by pranksterqueen on 10/6/2012 5:09:00 PM

I'm totally going 2 be Katniss!! My friends going to be Prim!

by miley13t on 10/6/2012 2:25:30 PM

yeah, i was katniss last year. me and my friend kyla are going as 80s dancers

by soccerlover99 on 10/6/2012 1:26:27 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
I need this question asap please!!
My mom isn't letting me to go my Homecoming dance tonight because I have a C in my Honors Geometry class. But my boyfriend already bought tickets and everything and I really don't want to let him down.
Do you have any tips for persuading my mom to let me go?

hey! The tough truth of being a kid is that you can't get your parental units to do anything. You can however, try to open a dialogue with her about your feelings. Explain your side to her in a non-whiney, calm manner. Don't interrupt her or get angry even if she interrupts you or gets angry. That's unfair, but since she has all the power, it's in your best interest not to antagonize her. As in, you'll be more likely to get what you want if you act really, super mature. If she still says no, accept her decision gracefully. If she sees that you're not going to throw a fit for not getting your way, she'll be more likely to listen next time you want something. good luck!

Helen S.

by candycrush12 on 10/6/2012 12:51:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
I'm being the mad hatter from alice in wonderland for halloween but i'm not buying the costume. I have the hat all planned out but what should I wear as the costume?

hey! wear a bunch of crazy mismatched clothes Smile

Helen S.

by momo221 on 10/6/2012 12:34:14 PM

I'm planning on being Effie Trinket for Halloween this year. It gives me the chance to wear all the bright, poofy things in my closet. Tong

by tropicdog on 10/6/2012 11:04:47 AM

I'm going to be dressed up as one of those Toddlers for Toddlers and Tiaras. White shirt, Tutu, tiara, sahash and a pacifier!!

by heather99 on 10/6/2012 10:39:22 AM

Mod mod mod
Hi me and my friend are going trick or treating together what would be really cute costumes? what would be some good Halloween costumes for two people? I already looked on the website. Thanks!!

hey! katniss and prim would be cute if you like the hunger games. It depends on what kinds of stuff you guys like though.

Helen S.

by Dogscheerdance123 on 10/6/2012 10:27:10 AM

For Halloween I want to be little red riding hood. I already told my mom what I wanna be. I my mom doesn't want to spend to much money on the costume. Do u have any ideas? Thanks!

hey! if you have any red sheets or towels at home ask your mom or dad if they can help you make a cape out of it. If you have a basket lying around use that, if not, next time you go to the grocery see if you can get fruit that comes in a basket like oranges or peaches and see if you can recycle that and use it for your costume. good luck!

Helen S.

by jklolsmile on 10/6/2012 10:26:32 AM

I so wanna to be roise the riveter!!! I really just need the tie and the lip stick! and I can get the shirt from my dad! haha

by j4zm09 on 10/6/2012 10:22:07 AM

MODMODMODMOD!!!
so i have a 3 hr long drive to our feild trip to the cosmosphere. Were allowed to bring nooks, mp3 players, well nothing that sends messages Smile. So im bringing my nook color and it has music on it and games. There's also dvd players on the bus and the teacher said that were bringing funny movies like elf (lol) my homeroom teacher said we can bring correct&return papers or late work. Im sitting next to one of my friends on the bus, what should i bring for both of us to do? (We dont listen to the same music lol)

Hey! if you have any magazines you and your friend both like that could be fun, maybe take some quizzes together and stuffSmile Honestly all the stuff you said you're bringing sounds like plenty to me. Have fun!

Helen S.

by YayaYuiki on 10/6/2012 9:43:45 AM

I almost never buy a costume for halloween. Two years ago I put on a really scary mask that got me a lot of extra candy and last year I was a 1980s girl and used stuff in my mothers closet. Yeah, she dresses wierdly...

by snowver11 on 10/6/2012 9:37:33 AM

Mod,
I want to be a leperchaun for Halloween, but a very fashionable leperchaun. I have a green hat and blazer I`m gonna wear, but what accesories could I wear? Oh and preferably cheap too.

Hey! you could get some sticky green rhinestones from any craft store to decorate your cheek or even clothes by sticking them on in the shape of a shamrock. I bet you can find fun sparkly green stuff  like beads at craft stores or accessory shop like claires Smile

Helen S.

by silverroseart on 10/6/2012 8:11:28 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!! I'm thinking of for halloween just cutting eye and arm holes in a sheet and writing "This is a VERY detailed sheet, so boo to you too!! just to be funny, but do you think people will get it, or should I do something else?

Hey girl,

I think that sounds funny, or you could just cut the holes and say that instead of writing it. Either way would be cute and funny Smile

Meghan D.