10 HOURS AGO 5 quick and delish breakfasts for those rushed school mornings: http://t.co/nXdvamToKK

13 HOURS AGO 3 teas to cure your cold: http://t.co/zYSGlhia8d

13 HOURS AGO Happy Halloween! #turnup #hocuspocus #halloween http://t.co/6wS0e0H4cs

COMMENTS

Ed. obsession: No-fail gift idea

I’ve definitely got birthdays on the brain. Weirdly enough, most of my friends and family members’ birthdays fall in the autumn months. Which means I’m scouring my...

MOD means ................what?

Hey! Mod is short for Moderator and that's my job, to moderate and check all the comments on the site to keep it safe and fun for you guys Smile If you have a question about anything or need advice start your comment with "mod mod mod" and one of the moderators on duty will get back to you as soon as she can. thanks for the question!

Helen S.

by Ladysienna on 10/27/2012 11:31:44 AM

LOVE IT!! Smile

by splendiferous22 on 10/9/2012 9:51:59 PM

Mod mod mod!!!
I'm really confused!!! People say to be yourself but if you get inspired by a celebrity or friend it's called copying! I really want to dye my hair Ariana grande red but I think people will think I'm copying her! I really like the color though! What should I do when people ask if I copied her?

Hey Tinytina498, I think you should dye your hair. No worries about what those people think. For one you know the truth and for two people will always have something to say about what you do. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Tinytina498 on 10/7/2012 11:26:45 PM

MOD!!
There is a girl in my grade at school that is in the special education program. She is a really nice girl and very sweet. She is adopted, along with her sister. The problem is, several of us suspect that she is being abused at home by her mother. We also think that she is being brainwashed to think certain things by her mother. She's super nice and wouldn't hurt a fly. My friends and I want to help her and do something, but the last time the social worker tried to get her out of the house, there wasn't enough proof to prove the abuse. If we can't get her somewhere safe, we'd at least like to get her a nice birthday present or something but are afraid that her parents would take it away and hurt her. She even had to get knee surgery because of her injuries? Do you know what we can do to help her?

Hey girlie, other than telling adults who could help to solve the problem like a school counselor, there's not much you can do. Unless she tells you or an adult that something is wrong at home, it's hard to prove anything or help her stand up for herself.

Lauren T.

by musicroxmyworld on 10/7/2012 5:42:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How do you delete a club you started??????????????????????

Hey girl,

You can transfer ownership of the club to another user, or you can email brittany@girlslife.com to explain the situation and why you want to delete the club. More info can be found on this page: http://www.girlslife.com/page/rules-of-the-road-clubs.aspx

Meghan D.

by musikmaker on 10/5/2012 11:34:36 PM

This weekend some friends (girls and boys) are getting together for a scary movie marathon. My crush will be there so I'm really excited and have a few questions about it:
1. What should I wear for makeup and clothing??
2. How flirty should I be? Should I clutch his arm at a scary part or what?
3. What should I make to bring as a snack?
Thanks so much anything helps, you guys are so great!

Hey girl,

You should definitely check out our style channel (http://www.girlslife.com/category/style-beauty.aspx) for tons of great makeup and fashion advice, but I would wear something cute and comfortable like jeans and a cute top! You don't have to be overly flirty--if you clutch his arm too dramatically he will probably know you're faking--but it's okay to be a little flirty if you are comfortable with that. As for the snacks, check out our recipe section for tons of easy and yummy snack ideas! http://www.girlslife.com/category/healthy-recipes.aspx

Meghan D.

by krusha27 on 10/5/2012 11:29:27 PM

Thanks for this article! I'll give it to my friend for her bday! But, then I got another friends bday coming up. This gift isn't a good choice for her because she's not girly, at all. I keep asking her what she wants, but she doesn't know either! Do you know anything I can get her? Thanks!

Hey girl,

Why not try giving her something that relates to an inside joke only the two of you know, or something you know she loves? She'll love that it reminds her of your memories together! You could also ask if she wants any DVDs, CDs, etc...that's always a classic gift idea!

Meghan D.

by Gabbyw123 on 10/5/2012 10:49:03 PM

Mod mod mod!!
The fall fling dance is coming up! It's not formal so I don't mean dresses, but I need a new top and skirt to wear to it. I don't know were to get it and what kind of skirts and tops go together! Please help!

Hey girl,

Our fashion channel has tons of great, affordable options that will be perfect for your dance. Have fun!

Meghan D.

by Lovekatniss23 on 10/5/2012 8:39:31 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I need assistance. It's a mucho fashion prob. My class... is going camping. AAAAAH!!! Let's just say, I am not the camping type. There won't be any electrical appliances to text, use a straight iron, or watch tv. I know I can embrace it...mostly. That's where you come in. Can you help me know what to wear and how to act during this camping trip? It would really help. If you are still unsure, I will probably be in mildly cold weather and, hello, BOYS!

Hey girl,

If it's camping and will be mildly cold, I would suggest wearing pants (probably jeans) and leaving skirts and dresses at home. It will make things a lot easier! You don't need to act any differently than you normally do...it's not a long trip, so do try to embrace it and enjoy nature. Technology will still be here when you get back Smile

Meghan D.

by transform2314 on 10/5/2012 6:44:31 PM

Cool!

by april0405 on 10/5/2012 3:45:41 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
One of my oldest friends is becoming a bit of a brat. She is always saying mean things about her mom, and getting her friends to say them too.She also complains about to her friends to me a lot. She is also a little bit selfish, rude, does things she shouldn't (nothing really bad though) and says mean things. Should I tell someone, or ignore her, or do something else? Thanks.

Hey girl! I'm sorry, that's no fun at all. If I were you, I'd take a break from this friend. I'm not saying stop being friends, just hang out with other people more and her less for a couple weeks! Then come back to the sitch with fresh eyes so you can properly reevaluate the friendship. Sometimes we get a bit sick of our friends, and we just need a break!

xoxo

Katie L.

by april0405 on 10/5/2012 3:45:17 PM

My birthday month and many holidays coming up soon! Yes! ;]

by Susmita24 on 10/5/2012 3:40:33 PM

Omg like all of my friends and fams bdays are at this time too!!! Smile

by turnonthemusic1 on 10/5/2012 3:21:23 PM

im going to football game tonight and its going
to be freezing. what should i wear to be cute and
warm????

hey girl! ooh, how fun! I think you should definitely wear jeans. If you have any colored ones, that'd be super cute! Then make sure to layer it up on top. A shirt, a sweater, a jacket! Then, add a fun scarf, and a hat if it's REALLY cold or windy. Don't forget cute boots to finish it off!

P.S. you don't need to post your q twice, sometimes it just takes us a bit to answer. sorry about that!

xoxo