10 HOURS AGO 4 brilliant ways to wear a braid crown: http://t.co/Vh5xQu3jr0

13 HOURS AGO Which trendy print are you? http://t.co/ZNIaHQDOTy

14 HOURS AGO This sweetie shows that sometimes life really can be like the movies: http://t.co/5BF8G1XBso

COMMENTS

Is it ever OK to turn down a date to the dance?

This guy asked me to Homecoming and I'm not sure I want to go with him. He's nice and everything, but he likes me and I don't...

MOD! MOD! MOD!
Do you think 12 is to young for a cellphone?
Also Do you think that 12 is to young for a boyfriend?
Honest Opinon. Thanks for the advice.

hey chica! well, I answered your first q already Smile I think that dating is not about age but about the individual. If you tihnk you are ready, and your parents are okay with it, 12 isn't too young for some fun group dates.

xoxo

Katie L.

by greenbluepurple1 on 10/24/2012 4:47:39 PM

Would you say 12 is to young for a cellphone?

hey girl! I didn't get a cellphone until I was almost 14. but it's all about what your parents think is right!

xoxo

Katie L.

by greenbluepurple1 on 10/24/2012 4:46:11 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
What do you think the appropriate age to date is?

hey girl! I don't think dating is all about age, rather it's about the individual.

xoxo

Katie L.

by greenbluepurple1 on 10/24/2012 4:40:54 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I am in grade 7. This guy asked me out and I really don't want to be mean. So I said sure. But do you think I am too young? I am going to be 13 next February. What do you think? Also its nothing more than just sitting beside each other, and going on big group dates. Thanks for the advice!

hey girl! Dating isn't about age, it's about the individual. To me, it doesn't sound like you're ready. It's not mean to say no, you have to do what works best for you. If you will be uncomfortable and won't enjoy yourself, I wouldn't go!

xoxo

Katie L.

by greenbluepurple1 on 10/24/2012 4:18:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD!! How can I convince my mom to let me hang out with my guy friend? Also I'm 13 am I too young to kiss? Thanks so much!! xoxo

Hey girlie, 13 isn't too young kiss. But it's important to be ready for your first kiss, and want to kiss the boy you're with. It'll be easier to convince your mom if you and your guy friend are hanging out in a public place. You can also try bringing a friend to make your mom feel more comfortable with it.

Lauren T.

by ilovebball13 on 10/14/2012 8:07:37 PM

So I know this guy likes me, but he hasn't told me. Although, two of his friends did and in the hall he was in front of me and stopped to wait for me which is sweet because we're really not great friends. But, I like him too! I'm sorta shy to ask for his number, but I wanna text him. We have two classes together and I really wanna talk to him. I sent him a friend request on Facebook but he hasn't accepted it (yet!). So how can I casually, ask him for his number?

Hey Xxnycbeauty, when you see him in the hall say hi and start up a convo. You can say something like "Since I'm not always on Facebook, can I get your number so we can text sometime." or "You have a phone? I'm saving new numbers to my fone and I don't have yours." It's okay to stretch the truth a little when flirting lol. Hope these help! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Xxnycbeauty on 10/11/2012 10:17:03 PM

Mod mod mod!
ok so I really llike this guy, John, from my church. He's one year older than me.we went on a mission trip together last month with the church and were on the same team so we got kinda close.I've known him almost forever and im good friends with his sister who's a year younger than me. last time we saw each other he gave me a hug when he left. He's just so great but the problem is we go to differnt schools. so the only time i get to see him is at youth group at out church once a week and its only for like an hour. I just don't know how to get to know him better and how to tell if he likes me since i reallly dont see him often. any tips on how to get him to like me or tell if he likes me. thanks so much!!

Hey girl, why not see if you guys can hang out some time outside of church? Try to plan an outing for all your church friends (maybe a bowling trip?) so it's a group setting. Your friendship doesn't have to be restricted to just Sundays!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by laxchik18 on 10/8/2012 5:09:13 PM

My hair is dyed bright red, like not a naturally looking color, more like a bright crayon red. I got a sparkly black dress for homecoming, and now I'm trying to find bright red heels to wear, too. I can't find any though. I don't want a deep red either. The heel can be a bit tall, but not crazy, I can't find a pair though. Do you know of any good stores to look for them at? I might have to order online. My homecomming is not this weekend but next, so it has to be soon.
Thanks!

Hey girl, it really depends on how much you're willing to spend. I'd check Payless and then shoe stores' sites like Naturalizer. You could also try the shoe pages of online shops like ModCloth or Lulu's. Best of luck!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by pinkguitar98 on 10/8/2012 4:55:42 PM

Last week our teacher overheard us talking about how good his butt and front looks in these jeans he always wears. It came up because another teacher slapped him on his butt and some of us saw her do it. We said she did it because he is hot but some of us said she did it by accident. But now since he heard us talking about it we feel weird about it. What should we do?

Awkward!! You guys should probably just ignore it and laugh it off! Nobody will ever know what the other teacher meant to do, so don't waist time thinking about that! It may still be awkward but everyone will eventually forget all about it!
mailyse f.

by fashionqn on 10/8/2012 2:20:28 PM

Thanks Lauren I!!
If he texts me again, now I have a better idea of how to handle it. I feel kinda bad, but I don't know him and between school, sports, and family, I don't think a relationship would be a good idea right now. Thanks again!

Your very welcome girly. So glad I could help ya! And don't feel bad. You're being true to yourself and that's exactly what you should be doing! You sound super responsible and your def doing the right thing.  He should respect your opinion and if he doesn't, that's really not being good guy anyway. Good luck!

Lauren I.

by purpleluver716 on 10/8/2012 11:40:45 AM

Lauren I,
Thanks for responding! One of my friends did give him my number, but after she found out how I felt she said she was sorry about it. I definitely don't want to lead him on because that could hurt him more in the future. Even though I don't know him, I still don't want to hurt him. While I do know that rejection is going to hurt, I know it will be better to let him know how I feel now instead of waiting.

Hey girly, no prob. And you're totally right about rejection being better than leading him on. It might sting for a sec, but he'll get over it fast. And since your friend gave him your number, that's a great excuse to use. You could say anything from your parents don't like you texting people you don't know,  you don't like giving your number out because your not interested in a relationship or you're just not interested in texting. Good luck, babe and I'm super happy to help.

Lauren I.

by purpleluver716 on 10/8/2012 10:50:37 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I was at a party, and a guy who was there thought I was cute. Of course I'm flattered and think it was sweet, but I didn't find out through him, he told my friend and she told me. He didn't talk to me at all at the party though, so I just think he thought I was pretty and he doesn't really like me. Maybe he was shy and nervous, but I don't think that's it. Because I don't know him, I don't like him or have feelings for him. He's texted me but I never texted him him back I didn't know what to say and didn't want to lead him on. I'm just not interested in a relationship right now, but I don't want to hurt him because he never did anything to me. How do I let him know I'm not interested in a nice way?

Hey girly, it sounds like you know exactly what you do and don't want. Good for you! Seems like you have a good head on your shoulders. Really, if you ignored this text from him he probably has gotten the hint. Though, if he keeps texting you, this could get tricky. Usually, I would say to drop hints, like talk about crushing on another guy or something like that, but in this case since he isn't really a friend, the more you text him the more he might think that your interested. How did he get your phone number in the first pace? If one of your friends gave him the digits you could try something like "hey, it's nothing personal, but I hate when my friends give out my number. I'm not really into texting. Hope you have a good week" or if he tries asking you out you could say "I'm just not intrested in a relationship." Any rejection might sting a little, but he shouldn't be too hurt since he doesn't really know you and it's always better to know right away than to be lead on, like you said. Good luck, girly!

Lauren I.

by purpleluver716 on 10/8/2012 10:25:00 AM

one thing to do is say that you dont really like going to dances with dates because then you aren't designated to one person, but that you can dance together while your there

by luve2cheer on 10/7/2012 6:16:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD.
So me and my boyfriend have been going out for 10 months and his best friend is a girl and it still bothers me. She tried to break us up once. But they are still close. And recently she posted a picture on instagram and they were saying "I love you" to each other. He doesnt know how i feel about her and im afraid to tell him because i dont want him to be mad at me and think that they cant be friends even though i secretly dont want them to (i know it sounds really bad) but i just dont know what to do. She always pushes him around and tells him hes cute. I know she doesnt like me.. she always talks about me and makes me jealous on purpose. im really confused about what to do and i have a feeling that she likes him even though she has a boyfriend. I want to talk to him about it soo bad but i know that if they stop talking then she will know i did something and im afraid to confront her about it since she talks about me and tells people she doesnt like me. i need help.

Hey girl,

This is a tough one, because you don't want to come off as jealous to your boyfriend, but if she says something mean to you, it's okay to bring that up with him! You could also try talking to her in person--say you don't like what she's saying about you. She's probably jealous that he's spending more time with you, so even though it will be hard, why not try to hang out with the three of you together? If you get to know her, you'll all be able to get along. There must be something good about her if he's friends with her, right? It will be a little scary, but the best way to handle conflict is really to talk to someone in person.

Meghan D.

by etta404 on 10/6/2012 10:01:40 PM

So I like this guy who is in my computer class and sits behind me and he also sits behind me in science. His just moved here in late August and I really like him! Two people told me that he likes me. (Wooo!) So, how can I ask for his number without just flat out saying it?

Hey girl,

If you have two classes with him, you could ask for it in case you have a question about schoolwork, or suggest that the two of you study together!

Meghan D.

by xxnycbeauty on 10/6/2012 9:51:31 PM

say your moms name 5x
say your crushes name 3x
paste this to 4 other articles and on the nearest friday your crush will kiss you

by transform2314 on 10/6/2012 4:01:42 PM

Mod Mod Mod~ So i've been dating this guy for almost a month, (tomorrow will be) and i'm thinking that i should break up with him and have been thinking it for about a week. It's because when we're supposed to hang out, he'll either (1) cancel an hour before (2) be an hour or two late. Also, he doesn't pay a lot of attention to me when there are a lot of people around. But when we're alone, or with close friends, he's sooo sweet. Every night he'll text me goodnight and I can tell he's making an effort, yet he still flirts with a bunch of girls, including some of my best friends, when i'm right there. I've told 3 people I might do it and they say I should. Last night was sort of the last straw when he was going to go to the football game with me, and then said he couldn't go because he had to clean his house, but his best friend told me he texted him saying that he just didn't want to go. please help me! thanks (:

Hey! Yeah I think you should dump him. Just nicely explain to him what you told me and it'll be over with soon. I know it's tough, but you can do it! good luck!

Helen S.

by veggigurl on 10/6/2012 12:39:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MDO MDO MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So I am in 8th grade and I have a crush on this freshman. Hes super nice and cute and he wanted to take me to his homecoming but that couldn't work out because theres not enough time because he would have to talk to his principal about taking someone outside of school. But I really like him is there anyway i could do something with him?

Hey! Yeah for sure, you should ask him if he wants to hang out sometime. You guys could go to a movie or grab lunch or something Smile

Helen S.

by txtingirl on 10/6/2012 11:55:59 AM

sounds good... I'm already looking for a date to the halloween dance! LOL

by heather99 on 10/6/2012 10:31:17 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why an I ugly and don't say everyone is beautiful because you haven't seen and i am i have always sorta like this guy and i think he doesn't think of me as pretty so i have fanstys and dreams about me and him. I AM 13 AND HAVEN'T HAD A BOYFRIENDS OR A KISS OR A BOY EVEN THINK I WAS CUTE SO TELL ME WHY WHY WHY??????????!??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????!???????

Hey! I felt the exact same way you did when I was younger and you know what? it got better. I'm actually really glad now that I didn't have a bunch of insignificant bfs in middle school and high school. You'll meet someone really substantial when you're older. Good guys are worth the wait. You don't need a boyfriend to validate you. Read books, have fun, and get to know who YOU are before you worry about boys. I promise you will meet someone one day.

Helen S.

by sydstar1999 on 10/6/2012 9:05:47 AM

HAHAAHA! There's an Oktober dance that JEDER is blabbering about! My friends and I are crashing it dressed as zombies. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

by WhiteStripe3 on 10/6/2012 8:33:14 AM