2 MINUTES AGO You want dermatologist-approved skin—here's how to get it at home: http://t.co/QnHOyrxeqe

3 HOURS AGO Are good things comin' your way? Check your #horoscope to see: http://t.co/X0oqJA2AV2

4 HOURS AGO Betcha didn't know flaxseed could do this: http://t.co/BVSiatO8sk

COMMENTS

Bye-bye, Big Bird? PBS funding under fire

Much has been made of this past week’s first presidential debate: President Obama’s perceived poor performance, Jim Lehrer’s mediocre moderating and Mitt Romney’s surprisingly strong showing. But...

Wow. Just reading these comments show that some people really have no clue what they're talking about and really need to get their facts straight. I agree with fungirl123.

by taylorswiftfan1236 on 10/9/2012 3:57:22 PM

I watched PBS as a kid but if getting rid of it will bring back money to the US; bye bye big bird. xoxo

by Rosethe1 on 10/9/2012 9:07:40 AM

I never liked Big Bird, so bye bye Big Bird.

by fashionqn on 10/8/2012 1:52:35 PM

PBS wont b gone forever, it will just need to find another way to stay on without government funding! I agree with lots of you other girls: no big bird or no jobs and money for your family.... hmm tough decision... I vote no big bird

by ponygirl6298 on 10/8/2012 12:34:13 PM

deedles1621,

It’s not Romney’s choice to choose weather a woman can have an abortion. It’s the woman’s choice. A lot of women or impacted by being sexually harassed and being raped. It Prochoice and It’s the parents decision weather their ready to be pregnant and go through labor! Also if the probability of actually getting pregnant from a rape is 1 person for every 133,000 rapes( which I doubt is a correct statistic) That's still A LOT of people that get pregnant/affected from being raped.

by rosesong on 10/8/2012 9:17:33 AM

I think Reading Rainbow is a very important show. It really helped me like reading, and the man who was on it was very kind and wholesome. He met my brother when he was young and was very nice and supportive of him and his individuality. I look up to him and the shows on PBS, for they have helped me learn and grow. Of course, I'm just a 15-year-old girl, and I understand if certain cuts need to be made, whether I like or understand them of not.

by HowToLove on 10/8/2012 8:56:22 AM

@DEEDLES1621 Do you know how hard it can be to let go of a baby you just gave birth to? Adoption is a really hard and long process. And a girl that is pregnant wasn't necesaraly "knocked up". Birth control can fail.

by txtingirl on 10/8/2012 8:41:45 AM

i honestly think people are making WAY to big of a deal out of this. i mean people its big bird for crying out loud! romney was just joking around about an oversized duck!

by jesusluverjkm on 10/8/2012 12:25:14 AM

txtingirl-Oh, I wasn't offended and I hope you weren't either Smile! I see. Well, I don't really agree but that doesn't mean I'm calling you wrong. We're all entitled to our own options and yours and mine are just different :3

by iluvmusic♥ on 10/7/2012 11:57:44 PM

@Lioncub190 and @rosesong:
financial problems really? then u put the baby up for ADOPTION!do u even kno how an abortion works? Its ridiculous the fact tht it comes out of the American peoples taxes to pay to abort a baby cause a girl got knocked up and dont want to deal with the consequences. and the probability of actually getting pregnant from a rape is 1 person for every 133,000 rapes. And @fungirl123 has it right on the money. Get ur facts right.

by deedles1621 on 10/7/2012 11:34:11 PM