AN HOUR AGO Tone up #tabata style: http://t.co/lOFXLmg7ew

2 HOURS AGO Pretty up with the 20 best nail polish picks of all time: http://t.co/1GctxLQSKw

2 HOURS AGO Calling all career cuties! Snag internship advice from GL on Aug 5 at the @InternQueen party in DC! RSVP right here: http://t.co/jo2w2Undss

COMMENTS

Bye-bye, Big Bird? PBS funding under fire

Much has been made of this past week’s first presidential debate: President Obama’s perceived poor performance, Jim Lehrer’s mediocre moderating and Mitt Romney’s surprisingly strong showing. But...

Go ahead, cut Sesame Street. I will always have The Muppets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE FOZZIE BEAR WOCKA WOCKA

by piggy99 on 10/7/2012 12:23:22 PM

DON'T THEY DARE TAKE MY BIG BUDDY AWAY! i grew up learning from big bird and when I was little I wanted to grow up to be just like him!!!!! now that i know about this, I wanna stand up for my yellow friend here just like i did for cookie monster when he almost changed into veggie monster (thank goodness that was just a rumor!!!!) SAVE BIG BIRD!!! i love you more than life itself! hope you can stay!!!!!! bad, mitt romney, BAD!!!

by savlove123 on 10/7/2012 11:26:46 AM

I agree with Mitt Romney. They aren't going to be in danger of leaving just because they don't get help anymore. They get millions of dollars just in merchandise. I'm pretty sure they'll be alright.

by iluvmusic♥ on 10/7/2012 10:59:08 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Can you please start posting more Blush Muches? Thx!

Glad you like them so much! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by WinnieGirlie on 10/7/2012 10:58:22 AM

LONG LIVE BIG BIRD!!!!!!
NO ONE SHOULD STEAL AWAY KIDS TV SHOWS!!!!!!
KIDS (and most teens) LOVE THE SESAME STREET CREW AND WON'T EASILY SAY GOODBYE!!!!!

YAY SESAME STREET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by silverroseart on 10/7/2012 10:39:37 AM

I loved PBS kids when I was growing up! PBS kids programs made up what I watched up until I was like six. These educational programs and everything- they encouraged me to love learning. Now I'm a straight A student. I'm not saying anything against Romney as a whole. Instead, I'm saying something against that particular comment. Sesame Street was a favorite of mine. Why take it away when the future children could enjoy it? Why take away any PBS kids shows when the future children could enjoy it?

by tropicdog on 10/7/2012 10:05:00 AM

@YayaYuiki You're complaining because he took down a clip of a cartoon? THAT'S your reason? Wow, I love the Simpsons, there goes my vote for Obama. Seriously. SERIOUSLY. And, kids being home schooled is a BAD thing? You'd rather have less jobs for Americans because they don't know basic middle school education? That's bad for the person who can not get a job and has to constantly get food stamps and take out loans and RUIN our economy, all because of education? Well, it's not there fault that they cannot afford it so home schooling is great! And school lunches should be unhealthy making kids obese? Your points have no logic behind them so I'd recommend you think before you speak. Oh and also, is it Obama's fault that a child, sadly, got hit by a boulder?! No, thank you for reading this, but you have not persuaded me to become a republican.

by xxnycbeauty on 10/7/2012 9:36:06 AM

I think its hilarious how a few of you think you know everything about this topic... anyways, cutting PBS is just going to cause an uproar. It's not like its going to make an impressive dent in the debt. .0006 percent of the federal budget is like a fly landing on a table. Do you see a dent? Yeah, neither do I. Oh, and malgal22: this aritcle is NOT influencing people AT ALL. They are simply reporting what is going on in our country and what everyone is talking about. I mean this nicely when I say YOUR comment was the only thing obcene here. If someone wants to change their opinion after this artical, ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. Okay, im done.

by sinkinginblack on 10/7/2012 9:18:03 AM

He was only trying to make a point. In all honesty, I don't like either canidates. I there are pros and cons to both of them and they balance out among how we see it. If I had to choose I would choose Romney because he has better ideas than Obama has. It is also the fact that four years ago Obama said he was going to cut the national debt in half but ended up doubling it. Also, Obama is taking credit for work that other people do. He says that HE killed Osama bin Laden and also said he'd being home ALL the troops. No, the Navy S.E.A.L.s killed him and there are still troops over seas. In all, I hate this generation. People get worked up over something then forget about it in a matter of weeks (Kony 2012, anyone?) We should all move to France. :p

by lemondancer18 on 10/7/2012 9:02:55 AM

To all of you that are hating on Girls Life for this article, think about this. Sesame Street was created with the purpose of giving underprivileged children who watched TV all day until kindergarten instead of going to preschool, the fundamentals that would help them in school. If Romney thinks cutting this would be beneficial in cutting the defect, he's wrong. PBS encouraged me to love learning, as it did for my best friends. Now we are all straight A students. PBS helps children want to be educated. an educated America is a better America.

by peetaluvr989 on 10/7/2012 8:59:18 AM