26 MINUTES AGO Want people to notice you—not your makeup? Get natural beauty tips + tricks at #bybbeautiful

AN HOUR AGO RT @MerlayLayy: @girlslifemag I just got my issue today! Can't wait to read about the funny and beautiful @SabrinaAnnLynn (: Love you GL �#GLsabrina

14 HOURS AGO RT @russettvirtue: @sierra_furtado i just found you in my magazine what a time to be alive

Bye-bye, Big Bird? PBS funding under fire

Much has been made of this past week’s first presidential debate: President Obama’s perceived poor performance, Jim Lehrer’s mediocre moderating and Mitt Romney’s surprisingly strong showing. But...

I'm not american, lol!

by ColosalMascara on 10/7/2012 8:52:33 AM

I am SO happy I'm not old enough to vote.

by ising990 on 10/7/2012 8:51:58 AM

I think it is perfectly fine. Why don't we compare? Bigbird and then our country's finacial instability.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Which is more importatant to you? I think we can cut out a tiny bit out of our programs don't you? GL, I think you had every right to post this. A little debate won't hurt us.

Besides, I never really liked Bigbird.

by luvleylady13 on 10/7/2012 8:43:00 AM

so im guessing most of us of here are atleast 10 and up. most of us teenagers. come on. i know you guys have watched it when you are kids but do you really watch it now? its a tv show. all shows have to end sometime. theres other ways to watch it you know. and china practically owns us how can you be all mad about a tv show ru kidding? tv isnt important! for all we know we can end up working for china if we dont stop borrowing from them! we owe them over a trillion dollars!! yeah thats ALOT of money!! theres too many people without jobs right now and some people cant afford houses and you have the nerve to fight for a tv show that you dont even watch? thats just not right. you are lucky you have a house and a computer. some people have to look in garbages for food! some people are so ungrateful

by caseycat16 on 10/7/2012 8:39:57 AM

I don't mean to be rude, but this was asking for an arguement (Most of us cant vote... so why??)

by hcl1610 on 10/7/2012 8:17:05 AM

Why is everyone so obsessed with the song "Gangnam style" I'm so confused!!!!

Hey snagmoney, not sure girly lol. Guess it's just one of those trends everyone gets hooked on. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by snagmonkey on 10/7/2012 1:36:53 AM

Lets see... if Obama is re-elected we'll all work in China. If you've seen the YouTube video by FOX Homer Simpson is voting and votes for Obama and he ends up working in a factory. Guess what our "oh so great president" did? He deleted it! Ugh! Michelle Obama made a thing for a certain amount of calories per grade for school lunch, 500 for k-5, 600 for 6-8, and 700 for 9-12. The no child left behind program is making 60% of students be homeschooled on k12 or by parents. People say Republicans hate local programming we DON'T! Romney cutting it will cause riots/protests like for MTR (mountaintop removal) it happened right after Obama became president cause 1 kid got hit by a BOULDER going into the school and he lost his leg. NEVER FORGET WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROTEST!!!!

by YayaYuiki on 10/7/2012 12:45:12 AM

He also said, "Poor boy, excuse me low income..." That was so rude. Just saying. We should all just move to London. It seems so simple there.

by Kittylover_98 on 10/7/2012 12:16:58 AM

This is the most offensive and inappropriate article I have EVER read. Girls Life, you ought to be ASHAMED of yourselves. This absolutely disgusts me. You have lost my subscription all together. Honestly? Most of the girls that read this magazine are not even voting age. How dare you. It's your own business who you vote for, but influencing young girls on your own opinions, this article you've written is so left sided, this is obscene.

by malgal22 on 10/6/2012 11:51:49 PM

Well, although national public broadcasting can seem important, sometimes as a nation we have to make decisions. Would you rather cut funding for PBS or have your parents lose their jobs due to a failing economy? And, no, the broadcasting and radio aren't the only things to be cut. Other unnecessary programs will receive cuts in order to decrease the deficit. So put it into perspective before you get angry about it.

by Fly1213 on 10/6/2012 10:24:47 PM

What is your fave class in school?

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?