10 HOURS AGO How to rock runway hair IRL—see how this amazing teen athlete did it! http://t.co/mPo0TquIk9 #GLBeauty

11 HOURS AGO Sporty style goes chic! Tell us your fave outfit to win!: @OfficialNFLShop http://t.co/sJQuKtqiBw

12 HOURS AGO Does playing hard to get really work out? We have the scoop: http://t.co/aDqcgy19Dr

COMMENTS

Bye-bye, Big Bird? PBS funding under fire

Much has been made of this past week’s first presidential debate: President Obama’s perceived poor performance, Jim Lehrer’s mediocre moderating and Mitt Romney’s surprisingly strong showing. But...

Romney just lost ur vote? Enjoy ur Chinese funded Big Bird show! China owns us anyway!

by deedles1621 on 10/6/2012 10:12:24 PM

PBS kids is my childhood.. I was mad when the cookie monster was change into the vegy monster by Michelle Obama.. now mitt Romney wanting to get rid of these Chanel is unfair!!!! That funding is so small it wouldn't even make a difference if you cut it!!! If he think if he getting rid of it is gonna be a good thing.. its not going to be.. there gonna be a big chain reactions gonna happen if he does.. & will be hurting even more and more in debt then we are now!

by RubySparkle on 10/6/2012 10:04:01 PM

I'm NEVER going to let anyone do any to my Biggie Bird!! *pouts*
It's probably not gonna happen, but really, I'm being Big Bird for Hallowe'en! I don't wanna be a dead bird!!

by taylor_swift_luvr13 on 10/6/2012 9:55:30 PM

Sesame street is one of the few good kids TV shows on. How could they cut funding for it? And yes, I did learn things on it.

by ceahorse on 10/6/2012 9:33:51 PM

Romney just lost my vote (not that I'm even old enough)
Smile

by AlwaysDreamer on 10/6/2012 9:07:42 PM

I think the Big Bird brouhaha has reason to be a big deal; PBS kids was my childhood, I was literally not allowed to watch anything else for a long time, and to just cut the funds for something so insignificant is pointless and, frankly, stupid.

by otter77 on 10/6/2012 9:06:36 PM