1 HOURS AGO Win @rydelR5's fave outfit from the GL fash closet: http://t.co/uPhv3ZDQYH

2 HOURS AGO 7 no-so-scary scary movies: http://t.co/v7p5cuxrXP

3 HOURS AGO Is your cereal causing you to have a bad day? http://t.co/qBXmfHfn4h

COMMENTS

Why am I the only single girl in school?

I’m the only girl in class who doesn’t have a boyfriend. One friend whines on weekends about how much she misses her guy, then says...

Mod mod mod mod,
I have been single for 5 years now, and all of my friends are getting boyfriends and I'm the only single one. I'm really short and I don't look my age; which I think is contributing to me being single. Anyway, I'm really bad at talking to the guys I like... And the guy I like, I haven't talked to yet, and my friends kind of told him I like him. HELP, what should I do? Any help/ advice would be awesome.
-Scarlett Witch.

Hey girlie, talk to him! You're not going to find a boyfriend if you're not talking to boys and getting to know them. You need to take some risks and put yourself out there.

Lauren T.

by Scarlett Witch † on 3/24/2013 7:12:51 PM

All the girls that are my bffs have or have had a bf. What do I do? I have never had a boyfriend! My other friend goes to a catholic school and she and all her friends have or have had boyfriends. What can I do. Also, there is a boy in my class that I really like. The school dance is around the corner to. But I am to scared to ask him out. I was planning to go with a group of friends. What do I do?
-Too Scared Too Be Brave Girl
.P.S. Respond As Soon As Possible. Please Tell ME WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!

Hey girl, deep breath: you don't need a boyfriend to be complete, trust me, and you definitely don't need one just because all your friends have one. That said, I do think you should ask this guy to the dance just for yourself. Take a deep breath and just ask if he's going and if he is, if he wouldn't mind saving you a dance. I know it can be scary, but the worst he can say is no, which is the automatic response if you never ask in the first place!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by dorafriends on 11/26/2012 6:05:27 PM

A while ago, I told my bgf that I liked him. He didn't feel the same way. After that, we stopped talking as much. For a while, I thought it'd be good and that it'd give me the distance that I needed to get over him. But it just makes me really sad because even though there was never a real falling out, it feels like I've lost one of the best friends I ever had. How do I go about fixing our friendship?

Talk to him, babe. Make him feel comfortable around you.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Urgurl06 on 11/22/2012 11:44:42 AM

MOD MOD MOD! I need your help A.S.A.P
So, i go to Public school and the majority of the guys there are pot heads. I would never date a guy in a million years who smokes pot at 12 years old. I am going to go to a private high school but i'm afraid it will be the same. I have never kissed or gone out with someone before. The fact that neither of these have happend to me before haunts me in the head. My older sister who is a freshman, had a 6th grade relationship at the public school but then transerferd. Her other boyfriend that she had goes to a prep school now and i know for a fact doesn't smoke. I just feel like i am the only girl who hasnt had a boyfriend once. Not even for a day. I really need some advice.

Hey Girl, You're still in middle school and a lot of girls don't date until high school. Of course you want to stay away from guys who smoke, and you're right that private guys smoke too. It isn't really whether they go to public or private school, but their personality that determines that. Keep an open mind and you will find somebody Smile

~Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by marylofal16 on 11/15/2012 4:13:06 PM

Hey girls..... Do you need advice?
I have been through a lot, and I give advice on:
•guys
•style
•hair
•shopping
•school
•music
•beauty
So click click click my profile and ask away, I will not judge and no question is dumb or stupid!

by kat_13 on 11/9/2012 12:58:32 PM

i like my bestfriends boyfriend and e likes me back,he told me today that he wasn't sure about there relationship and that he wants to break up with her. i really want to get with him but idk how my friend will react. what should i do? help!!

by candycanfly123 on 11/5/2012 8:45:32 PM

There is this really cute guy in my Geometry class. I want to talk to him, but he's a Sophomore... and I'm a Freshman. How do I get him to see me not as just another annoying freshman? What could I say to him? We both in the same direction after class, should I talk to him then or during class?

Hey girl, you could talk to him either time! Try  heading out the door behind him and walking next to him in the hall so you can start a quick convo.

Lauren I.

by natjinx on 10/19/2012 2:26:24 PM

MODMODMOD!!!!!
I got your comment frome earlier but there is one more problem, he plays cello and i play violin. Help me!

Hey girly, no big deal. Just talk to him before and after class. You have music in common so you could ask him what he listens to outside of class, or what his fave song is to play. You could talk about how he likes the music you guys are practicing or compliment his skills.  When you guys are leaving, try to position yourself so that your behind him in line or next to him in the hallway so the conversation seems casual. Good luck!

Lauren I.

by ccswirl on 10/19/2012 8:22:27 AM

@loppyears12 thanx for your help

by enriquette96 on 10/19/2012 1:26:29 AM

MODMODMOD!!!
I know, well kind of know this guy in my orchestra class that is really cute and i want to get to know him but the problem is I am way to shy to talk to him. please help me!!!

Hey ccswirl, use the orchestra class to talk to him. Maybe ask to see his music notes or sit in a seat next to him. Even borrow one of his pencils or sheets of paper. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by ccswirl on 10/18/2012 11:20:01 PM

it no beacase they dont like u me no boy likes me exept the ugly ones

by yungnicki on 10/17/2012 7:43:38 AM

@enriquette96 if you want something to be answered put "MOD" in front of it!!! hope this helps!
xox

by loppyears12 on 10/16/2012 7:07:25 PM

My BGF is dating a girl just to have a girlfriend because he thinks it's cool to have one.
But she's really mean and he's so nice. What can I do to help him?

Hey Chica! Has he told you this? You don't want to push him away if he actually likes her. Tell him about your concerns, and explain why you think she's mean. Once they break up, help him out by pointing out girls you think he would be good with.

~Hannah H.

Hannah H.
Hannah H.

by I Luv Carson on 10/16/2012 4:28:29 PM

MODMODMOD
So there is this guy that i like hes on drumline and im on colorguard. We see each other alot. Now hes sort of a shy guy so i dont really know what to look for, like what are the signs that he might be into me or not. I really want to get to know him better but im also really shy. ive barely said a word to him, and im not good at starting conversations at all. How can i become better friends with him, and what are the signs i should look for that might mean he's into me?

Hey girlie-

If he's as shy as you say it is, then it can be tough to figure out what his true feelings are. Do you catch him staring at you? Does he try to be close to you whenever you see him? I totally get that starting conversations can be daunting-- I used to be super shy too! It all comes with maturity, but try catching him after practice and asking him how it went. Maybe you could hang after an upcoming game or meet? If you take the initiative he'll be super impressed, plus because of his shyness he'll be so relieved that you made the first move. Good luck! xoxo

Alexis G.

by cutielittlestar on 10/16/2012 3:15:24 AM

im new to this site and nothing i write seems to be posted or if it does it doesnt get answered.

by enriquette96 on 10/14/2012 4:17:45 AM

ive liked this guy for like a year and a few months and he used to like me we used to be like best friends but slowly he stopped liking me as much and over the summer we didnt really talk and this year he flirts sometimes and sometimes talks to me he looks at me in the halls and is one of the few boys who will look me straight in the eyes i catch him looking at me constantly he isnt very popular neither am i we are both weird and outcasts but i love him for his weird ways he never talks to girls much just kinda keeps to himself ive liked guys before but never like this its kinda creepy cuz sometimes in my dreams its like we are dating or something but then i wake up to reality my friends tell meto just forget him id tried but i cant he means to much to me id to literaly anything for him but i cant tell if he likes me or not he acts like it but then sometimes dont exist so wat should i do he means the world to me and i may stay single the rest of my life if he doesnt see i need him

Hey girl,

It's normal to have crushes and to think they'll last forever, but you might not feel that way in a few years or even a few months, so don't limit the possibility of meeting other cuties! In the meantime, if you used to be friends but have drifted apart, there's no harm in talking to him again and even hanging out as friends again!

Meghan D.

by HopeIsNotHopeless on 10/13/2012 11:14:01 PM

Why do my comments never show up!?

Hey girl,

We are working to answer your questions and post your comments as quickly as possible, but if we're busy it can take a little longer. I don't see any recent comments from your username, but if you repost I will answer asap!

Meghan D.

by HopeIsNotHopeless on 10/13/2012 10:51:07 PM

MODMODMOD
ok so i really like this one guy at school but um hes not the smartest and my mom say him once and said dont ever talk to him he looks like trouble but she has never talked to him!!!!!! he is absolutely the sweetest guy ever!! i mean the other day i was in tears from a fight i had with a person... and he was all like "who did this to you? i swear i cant stand to see you like this..." and me and my other friends were all like "AWWWW!" and he has asked me for my # and I do really like him but its really my mom that im concerned about.Should i tell her that i like him or should I just stay in the friend zone cause ive never gottin detention in my life and he has been suspended at least 2 times last year. but hes more behaved this year just sayin

Hey girl,

Do you know why he was suspended? Maybe if you explain the situation to your mom she will be more open to getting to know him. Ask if you can invite him over for dinner so that she can get a chance to get to know him and see why you like him!

Meghan D.

by liamsgirl on 10/13/2012 10:34:31 PM

hey guys im new to using this but i really wanted to get some advice fast Smile well at the start of the year i told a friend i liked a guy she was friends with. she was cool with it and sort of asked him about his relationship status saying it was for a friend. it was all going well until valentines day when my friend and i thought it would be funny to put a note in his locker. The note was really corny lol. this friend posted the note and my crush caught her. she didnt want him to think she was the only one doing it so we told my crush it was the both of us. My friend out of nervousness on how he would take it said to him that "sophie likes you!" he said it was really awkward and walked off. we havent really spoken since. since i happen to be bffs with some of his friends but if i am around he gets super awkward and walks away. i have no idea what to do. can someone plz help?? i really want to make it not so awkward between us. btw i also often catch him staring at me.

by enriquette96 on 10/12/2012 4:23:08 AM

My life is horrible!
1. I'm barely passing my classes because I have all honors classes and I hate having homework in 6 of my 7 classes nearly every day! I never even go out! I didn't even want honors classes, and my mom won't take me out of them! And I always forget to do/turn in my homework!
2. I lost my crush/BGF! He told my mom a lie about me getting in trouble with the principal! I was REALLY mad at him, because my parents are mean enough anyway! I'm in so much trouble because of him, so yesterday we got into a fight and when I got home I realized I only have 4 friends and about a million enemies because 3 years ago, when I moved here, I was angry about losing all my friends.
My life is so horrible, any tips on my nearly nonexistent social life or my school drama?

Hey emroxlol, you need to develop a schedule for your homework. Dedicate 1-2 hours for each subject. If you need help ask the teachers after class or get a buddy in class. And for your crush just let it go. I don't think he meant to get you in trouble so forgive him. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by emroxlol on 10/11/2012 11:42:16 PM

MODMMODMODMOD!!!
1.There is this guy at school(he's one of my friends)who is acting really strange lately.When I turn to look at my brother(we are in the same class)he is always looking at me. I noticed that he is looking at me all the time.When I'm around he is always smiling and laughing.What does this mean? I'm afraid that he likes me. I like him too but more like a friend(though Inever like anyone before like him)I'm not ready for relation and I don't want to ruin our friendship.
2.I have a VERY tough school schedule(in 9th grade,i'm 14).I also have bad grades at a few subjects so I have to take extra lessons. I finish my homework at 11pm!!! I talk about it to my parents but they said that I don't have a choice. HELP!!!Please?

Hey babe-

It does sound like he may be developing a crush. If you're not into it, that's fine! Just treat him like your normally would as a friend and if he ever does bring up liking you, talk to him maturely about your feelings. If he's a great friend he'll understand. As for your busy schedule, I completely understand. When I'm feeling overwhelmed here's what I like to do: I make a list of all the things I need to get done along with their due dates. I figure out what is most urgent and what can wait until later. Being super organized will lessen the stress you feel and help you to feel more on top of your school work. It may seem like a lot but just realize that it's going to pay off in the end. If you're really struggling try reaching out to your teachers-- they're there to help after all! xoxo

Alexis G.

by mininami28 on 10/11/2012 8:33:35 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So here's my story. I'm not a very popular person at my school, but I do have three really close friends. But the problem is that sometimes (actually most of the time) I'm the one who puts the most effort into stuff. For example today is my 16th birthday, and when it's all their birthday I got out of my way to make sure they feel special by getting them personal gifts and cards and just giving them a special day. Today none of them even took any time to give me any cards or hugs or anything, not anything past the "happy birthday". and at first I was like whatever but then I realized that it really hurt and it shouldn't be like that right? So my mom says that I need to broaden my horizens, but how do I? I'm 16, by then your friends are usually set in stone and it's only getting harder to find a new, close group of friends! Please help? Thanks <3

Hey girl! just remember that it is never, ever too late to make new friends. In fact, you're only a few years off from college, and you'll be sure to make new friends then! and you can do it now too. I don't think they're treating you very nicely, and every girl deserves more than that. Try going to after school clubs or signing up for a sport or weekend activity that you're interested in. these are perfect places to meet new people and make new friends! good luck, babe.

xoxoxo

Katie L.

by jennab101057 on 10/10/2012 4:15:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!
Help!!!! Here's the story:
So two summers ago a new girl moved into my neighborhood. From the first time I met her we hated each other. She became friends with my friend, who had been my BFF since age three. Then, the girl became friends with my friend. Slowly, she turned her against me. Me and my friend had this huge fight and now we hate each other.
So here's my problem: Now this same thing is happening to my other friend!!! She's been friends with this boy since they were little. The same girl turned him against her!!! My friend is all depressed now!!!
What do I do to make my friend feel better?!?! Also, what do I do about this SUPER MEAN girl?!? Help!!!!!!

Hey girl! Wow, that's gotta be super duper tough! It can be hard to deal with girls like that, since they are manipulative in a sly way, it's hard to get your friends to see how mean they are being. I think you should mostly try and apologize to your BFF from age 3, since that's one of the only things you have control over. It sounds like you guys were super close, so don't let one girl come between your friendship!

xoxo

Katie L.

by turnonthemusic1 on 10/10/2012 3:23:32 PM

Hey, girl.
I know it feels not-so-good to be one of the few without a boyfriend. (I know, because I'm one of the few as well.) But don't worry so much about it. Easier said than done, of course, I know. And your friend is definitely not helping matters. Do try to steer any conversations with her away from her boyfriend. And hang out with any other single girls you can find, or girls with boyfriends who don't make a big deal about it. Smile

by OMGabi on 10/10/2012 3:01:29 PM