1 HOURS AGO Tone up #tabata style: http://t.co/lOFXLmg7ew

2 HOURS AGO Pretty up with the 20 best nail polish picks of all time: http://t.co/1GctxLQSKw

3 HOURS AGO Calling all career cuties! Snag internship advice from GL on Aug 5 at the @InternQueen party in DC! RSVP right here: http://t.co/jo2w2Undss

COMMENTS

5 signs you're sending him running

So your guy is giving you the cold shoulder and you’re wondering what’s up. No girl wants to be ignored, but to fix his icy mood, you...

MOD!!!
Hi(: so i am a sophomore in high school and i really like this guy that sits across from me in chem and pretty close by in french as well. Twice now we were supposed to go to the movies together, but he "canceled" at the last minute. The first time i understood cause he had a soccer game that had just been scheduled to that day, but the second time (the reschedule of the first time) he never answered when i asked what time he wanted to go. It's not that he was busy at the time i texted him because i had been texting him for an hour before that. He never acknowledges me in school except in Chemistry or when his friends aren't around. He also texts me sometimes and on multiple occasions he has told me i'm pretty. What do i do? I'm so confused with his mixed signals. btw all my friends are like "he's sweet, but misguided". What do i do.? please help me.

Hey girl, sounds like your friends are right on that. Next time you see him in person, ask him if he really wants to go to the movies with you or not. If he doesn't, tell him it's all right; you just wanted an answer for sure and hope you guys can hang as friends sometime. Good luck!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by lolgirl523 on 11/12/2012 6:51:23 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD! So, my crush thinks I'm crazy! I'm not sure how jokingly or serious he was but my friend (guy) who is his friend asked him about me. My guy friend who asked him told he that he said I was crazy! What do I do?

by PurplePocky on 11/2/2012 4:02:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
So there is this middle-of-everything guy I like. He is quiet when he needs to be, (and when I am around him) and loud when he knows he won't be judged. If he doesn't start up a convo soon, I might explode. How do I approach him with our busy classes?
- Thanks

Hey girl,

You could talk to him after school or outside of class, or at lunch! Check out our ice breakers page for tons of great ideas on conversation starters Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/ice-breakers.aspx

Meghan D.

by CornOnTheCobIIV on 10/19/2012 11:56:05 PM

I see him before school, breakfast, in the halls, and lunch. At breakfast ,lunch and in the halls M is constantly with him and before school he is with his friends. Plus I'm SUPER SHY and not good at talking.

by bunnybaby on 10/15/2012 8:23:34 PM

MOD MODMOD!!!
I'm in 7th and the guy i like is in 8th ,but a m a girl in 9th likes him too. She is all over him and sits on him and wont let other girls talk to him. The thing is I really like him more than any boy i've liked before. What should I do?

Hey bunnybaby, you just gotta put yourself out there. When do you see him?

Lynae P.

by bunnybaby on 10/14/2012 9:21:01 PM

Okay so its my boyfriends birthday this week. We were walking in the halls and he said that he liked this candy and jokingly he said its my birthday coming up remember that. Is it too predictable to get him that candy? Thanks

Hey <3skiing<3, no not at all. He's probably expecting you to get it. Get him the candy and a cute card to go along with it. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by <3skiing<3 on 10/14/2012 9:07:15 PM

Ok,so,I like this guy.He is also on my brother's baseball team,so I get to see him all the time.But,he goes to a different school.He is super shy and doesn't really like to talk in person.But,we text all the time.One day,I told him I was having a horrible day.He was the only person that asked what was wrong,and he told me he was so sorry and he hoped that I had a great day the next day.He is really sweet and tells me that he is sorry about everything that goes bad.And,he asked me to teach him how to play volleyball one day.How do I know if he likes me or not?

Hey mathgeek221, sounds like he likes you, even if it is just as a friend to me. Maybe try flirting and see what happens. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by mathgeek221 on 10/14/2012 10:06:28 AM

MOD!
I have a cousin who isn't blood related, his mom just married my uncle.over the summer we started texting each other,bcuz he was home alone.He was bored and so was I, we would text for hrs. We started talking real deep, he said he never met a girl like me.I told him if i annoy him to tell me. he said, i dont.Then once he said "if we weren't related I would date you." And I answered, well we aren't even related. Then a month later he told me he that he would end up lonely.So I told him he was wrong and at the end of the discussion he said, you're the only one I could see myself with forever.Then he got Skype and we started talking on there for hrs. He said he didn't see me as a gf just a bff he could talk to.But then he would go and say that I'm the only one he could see himself with. And now he is ignoring me, I message him but he won't answer.So I stopped trying and he hasn't even tried to contact me.We always said I love u. Do u think he ment it? Or is he scared?what happend?

Hey becca<3's you, maybe he's just afraid of his feelings for you. Since he likes you so much he obviously wants to take it to the next level, but maybe what's stopping is his family. He could be worrying about what his uncle and your mom will think. So by avoiding complete contact with you could be his way of getting over his feelings for you. I wouldn't message him or anything just wait a few more days and see if he comes around. If not, it could be over. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by becca<3's you on 10/14/2012 8:56:32 AM

Ive never had a bf, but these will be helpful for when i get one Smile

by LilyLookALike on 10/13/2012 10:43:54 AM

MOD MOD I'm a freshman and there's this sophomore who started messaging me on Facebook after my cross country meet and told me I did good and then he asked for my number and we started texting and I have French class with him and he came up and started talking to me and he was smiling the whole time and he also said if someone was mean to me he'd beat them up for me and I think I like him now but idk if he like likes  me or likes me as a friend! Help!

Hey girl,

It sounds like he might like you, or he at least wants to be friends. Either way, why not keep talking to him as friends and get to know each other? If he likes you, he might ask you to dance at your next dance or to hang out sometime.

Meghan D.

by SnowBoarder88 on 10/12/2012 11:00:15 PM

i like how it tells you what's going on from the boy's point of view.

by Glitterheart16 on 10/12/2012 10:52:16 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD!
so there is this guy that i like and he likes me, he's a sophomore and i am a freshman, but the thing is that we are also in the same youth group at church so i don't want something to happen then it be awkward,we always text and walk around before school and after church, but it's my freshman year and the last thing i want is drama, i'm afraid that if we do go out and the wrong people find out they might start drama, he's a little on the larger side but i don't care, it's just that i was bullied K-8 and i don't want it to start for either of us this year. what should i do?

Hey girl,

If you like him, it shouldn't matter what size either of you is or your appearance. If other people want to make fun of him or your relationship, that's their problem, not his (or yours)! It might surprise people at first and cause drama that way, but if you both like each other, don't let what other people think stop you from doing what you want to do!

Meghan D.

by klbugg97 on 10/12/2012 10:07:59 PM

Good advice for the future. Smile

by Gabriella123 on 10/12/2012 9:55:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Yesterday in french class my friend asked my crush out for me, but he didn't believe her. My other friend tried again at lunch, while I turned my back to them since I was embarrassed, but he quickly ran off after she pretty much yelled to him that I wanted to go out with him. Later on at lunch, his friend asked me something, while I saw my crush avoiding my eyes behind him. Then today, my friend from french class tried again by whispering to him, "You don't believe me? Come on she's right over there!" in french class. After, the bell rang and I got up to leave and saw my crush had already left. I went out the classroom door a bit disappointed until I saw my crush standing outside the door as if he was waiting for someone. That was when my crush saw me and started talking to me. I'm confused. Was my crush waiting for me after class? And does the mean he likes me back? Please help! Thanks!! Smile

Hey girl,

He might have been waiting for you after class, but the only way to set things straight is to talk to him yourself! If you're trying to ask someone out, it's better to ask him yourself than to have a friend do it for you. Since they've already brought it up, talk to him in person and ask him out--he'll know it's real if it's coming from you!

Meghan D.

by cloudyday on 10/12/2012 9:38:46 PM

I have a couple questions... Well for starters, i'm a sophomore, and i have a crush on a senior, I've never dated, so do you think this too big of an age gap? and secondly, we have a great friendship going, we can talk without things being awkward anymore. What are some flirting tips to try out on him? He's a service unit in one of my classes and he sits near me in another one. Help! Thanksss Smile

Hey girl,

That doesn't sound like too much of an age gap, although when you're younger age can be a bigger deal, so it really depends on how mature both of you are. If you're friends, though, I would worry less about age and more about how you get along with him! Since it sounds like you already have good conversations, you could try suggesting the two of you hang out one-on-one instead of in your friend group, or ask him to dance with you at a school dance. Check out our Ice Breakers section for more flirty tips Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/ice-breakers.aspx

Meghan D.

by elevenbailey on 10/12/2012 8:35:46 PM

mod mod mod mod mod mod!!
do comments on here usually get answered?? i posted some questions on an article that i need advice on really fast. was this the way to go about it or would u suggest that i had done it some other way? (i am new to GL) thanx Smile

Hey girl,

We have moderators who are working to answer your questions as fast as we can, but sometimes if we're busy, we can't answer as quickly as usual. If you post your comment with "mod" in front of it like you did, we will work to answer and post as soon as possible!

Meghan D.

by enriquette96 on 10/12/2012 6:41:44 PM

so there's 2 guys, and they both like me and i like both of them.lets cal them B and R.well R asked me to homecoming and i said yes,he's really shy and we hug sometimes in school but he usually texts me and always says really sweet things over text.we're also going to a haunted house this weekend.but B always hangs out with me in school and always talks to me, texts me,says sweet things,hugs me,& even called me on the phone one day.B had a gf though so i just concentrated on R.well B and his gf broke up and today he told me that he really does like me and stuff and wants to be with me.i dont know what to do because i like them both a lot,but they are both friends.R has said before that B always talks to the girls R likes and ends up getting them.what should i do cuz i like them both a lot? thanks!

by pinkguitar98 on 10/12/2012 6:07:00 PM

I totally get this. I actually did one these to my last BF. I would always text him every night because that was our thing. One time he didn't reply so I freaked. Then he got irritated. I've totally had a life lesson there. Never doing that again...

by YouCanCallMeCat on 10/12/2012 5:27:36 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod mod
I think there's something wrong with me. I don't like being a girl, I wish I was a boy. Boys don't have to deal periods, cramps, periods soaking through there clothes, the pain of child birth, being discriminated by society and being portrayed as weak, ugh! It's do frustrating and somehow it doesn't seem fair. (But out of all of those the periods are the worst I think with pms But anyway...) I know I should be more grateful but please don't tell me that I'm the only one who's ever felt like this.

Hey girly, your def not the only one that found periods to be a little unfair. Periods are not fun, period. And guys are lucky that they don't have to deal with it! But rather than pouting about the not so fun things about being a girl, think about all the great things. Girls have much cuter clothes and clothing varieties, they get to wear makeup to cover zits, boys are expected to pay for more things (like dates) and they're expected to be the one to ask girls out more often. Girls get to be mothers,  and have an extra intuition that boys don't have. And these are just a few! I'm sure you can think of tons more.Some people do descriminate against women, but that's just all the more reason to show them how powerful we can be! xoxo

Lauren I.

by Icecreamluver on 10/12/2012 4:23:45 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!!
I need some major advice. There is a guy that I could tell had a crush on me. At first, I didn't care for him and I actually found him to be annoying. But, overtime, I started to see how sweet he was to me. Now I think I'm starting to have feelings for him. The feelings almost came at of nowhere. He had asked me for my number twice before I knew I was falling for him. I was afraid he would be texting me all the time so I pretended I didn't know my number off the top of my head. Now I am really regretting it because I like him now. I don't know what to do now but I don't want to lose him. I haven't felt this way in a while but I like this feeling. How do you suggest I keep this crush thing going without making things awkward or weird. Also, I got my phone out during class so he would see it and ask for my number. He came over, picked up my phone and kept looking at it. Then he put it down and kept hesitantly gazing at it. I make him shy so is that why he didn't ask?

Hey girl, you already know he wants your number since he asked twice, so the ball is in your court (so to speak). Write your number down on a piece of paper and hand it to him before class. Say something like, "I didn't have my number memorized when you asked me, so I wrote it down for you" and give him a smile. That aught to solve this sitch and get that cutie calling you in no time!

Lauren I.