AN HOUR AGO Here's *everything* you need for a fabulously fashionable fall. So much outfit inspo: http://t.co/8v3OtD2WhK

14 HOURS AGO Sweater weather also happens to be smoothie weather. Snag our recipes for seasonal sips: http://t.co/s00kRlDnDq #pumpkinspiceeverything

14 HOURS AGO RT @PeytonList: Lots of great questions! Keep them coming on @girlslifemag Facebook! 😻�pic.twitter.com/iuIzoC1K4Q4Q

COMMENTS

Get gutsy! Why Y-O-U should ask out that cutie

I like this boy, and my guy friend (who’s so sweet) asked him out for me. But the guy said no! I’m so bummed. Do you think...

this may make me sound old fashioned, but girls aren't supposed to ask guys out. to avoid getting into an argument, i'd rather not say why. just try to avoid it.

by monicagrace on 12/11/2012 5:44:08 PM

this happened to me too! Except, it turned out my friend never even asked the guy. You're thinking she's a mean bff, right? Wrong. She knew the guy was about to swap schools, and that we'd never see each other again. If she'd asked and he'd said yes, we would've had an awkward long distance relationship where we never saw each other and we'd eventually break up. If he'd asked and said no, I would have tried to ask him out again and gone all physco-crazy-ex girlfriend on him ( thats what I do after guys reject me... classy.)

by emroxlol on 11/25/2012 9:27:38 PM

MOD MOD!!!
Ok so Im six foot and my guy is barely 5' 3"..... Do you think this will affect our relationship and any tips for maintaining it with the major height difference? Thanks y'all!!!

Hey girlie, such a big height difference probably looks funny right now and might make you a target for kids at school to make fun of. But there's no reason it should bother you or your guy. Just keep your cool and brush off any negative comments. And since I'm assuming your fairly young, a growth spurt is coming his way. Boys keep growing into their 20s so he will get taller.

Lauren T.

by southernbabbe on 11/25/2012 7:57:22 PM

MOD
Hey girl, I'm a jr in highschool and I was wondering if it would be socially weird for me to date s freshman who goes to a different school. I'm going to follow my gut but i was just wondering what the general reaction is to a jr dating a freshman?

hey girl! as long as he's mature enough for you, I don't see anything wrong. That's only a two year difference...if you're feelin' it then i say GO FOR IT.

xoxo

Katie L.

by fired up on 11/21/2012 4:05:49 PM

i like this boy and im not popular at my school and he is and im not sure what to do all the popular kids pick on me and push me around i need some help!! Frown

by wilsoncats on 11/19/2012 6:30:37 PM

ugh i know my friend asked my crushes friend to ask him out for me he said no and then for some reason my other friend asked him out for me he said no what should i do?

by cuuteme on 11/5/2012 7:33:58 PM

I Really Like this Guy in my P.E Class and he doesnt have a girl friend. But he's My Bff's Best friend Should I ask him out because i know he likes Me... Im so Confused!!

by GL's Princess101 on 11/2/2012 7:05:47 PM

I have this really awesome bgf and I want him to go to this rodeo with me and some of my friends. My mom and dad do not know who he is. My mom is kind of protective of me too when it comes to boys, how do I ask my mom if I can have a boy over? I am kind of afraid that she will get mad at me for having a bgf. How should I ask her?

hey! The tough truth of being a kid is that you can't get your parental units to do anything. You can however, try to open a dialogue with her about your feelings. Explain your side to her in a non-whiney, calm manner. Don't interrupt her or get angry even if she interrupts you or gets angry. That's unfair, but since she has all the power, it's in your best interest not to antagonize her. As in, you'll be more likely to get what you want if you act really, super mature. If she still says no, accept her decision gracefully. If she sees that you're not going to throw a fit for not getting your way, she'll be more likely to listen next time you want something. good luck!

Helen S.

by yvpizza on 10/27/2012 4:18:34 PM

Thanks alexis g but i forgot to put in my comment that one of my friends told him i like him his cheeks were blushing red and how can i ask in person without getting you know embaressed?help mod

by thecliquegirl on 10/26/2012 8:21:52 PM

Mod mod mod i like this guy that is my friend and i asked him to the dance and he said maybe than didn't reply after that then my friends asked him if he likes me he said no but one of my friends said his cheeks was blushing red i don't know if i should ask him in person if he likes me i'm so confuse.help!

Hey girl-

Most guys aren't going to admit to liking someone if that someone's friends are the ones doing the asking. Ask him in person! Make sure you're in an environment without a ton of people around too, he'll be more likely to open up. xoxo

Alexis G.

by thecliquegirl on 10/25/2012 1:53:09 AM

Mod Mod Mod
I've liked this guy for a while now and we have become really good friends. He is one of the sweetest guys i have ever met.
I really want to ask him out but im scared he likes another girl. Plus i told him i liked him a while ago when we didnt really know eachother that well and he didnt say anything. What should i do!?
- little miss confused

Hey girl-

The best thing to do is talk to him. Get to know if he does have feelings for another girl by asking him some everyday questions that might hint at his true feelings. If you get the feeling that he isn't into anyone else, ask him out! He'll love the confidence. xoxo

Alexis G.

by palmabluebear on 10/23/2012 8:02:20 AM

I've liked the same guy since second grade and we're in 7th grade now. He found out I liked him in 3rd grade and was cool with it and just told me he didn't feel that way, but still wanted to be friends. He doesn't know I like him anymore. This year a new girl has started trying to b bffs with everyone. My crush and I are in honors classes and she started the year in reg classes. A few weeks after school started she had reg class friends, but got switched to honors classes. She seems okay. she's buddy-buddy with all my friends, but i don't really like her. Also,when our seats got switched in social studies, I get to sit with my crush, but she is two seats away, and I think she likes him. She sits with him in science and even though he's obliv to it she flirts with him all the time. Now, she is butteringp my bff, so my bff says she feels sorry for her. I really like this guy, and want to b more than friends but i don't know what to do. PLEASE HELP!

by Cola on 10/22/2012 5:23:35 PM

HELP!! I really like this guy at school, but I'm not really considered "popular" at my school, and the guy I like is popular. How do I ask him out???

Hey carly553550, well do you have class or lunch with him? Xoxo

Lynae P.

by carly55350 on 10/21/2012 11:57:46 PM

For caroline123...
Try to get a friend to set you two up somehow. That would be the hard part but I would ask a few close friends for some ideas how to land this 'out of your league' guy. But I would look at him just as if he were a normal guy and think of yourself as the catch and not him. Good luck!

by fashionqn on 10/21/2012 11:13:25 PM

ok so I despretly need so advice!! So there's this guy that i am totally crushing on but he's cute, sweet, funny, athletic, smart, and the list goes on and on. He is out of my league by a long shot. But i really want to go out with him. But im afraid that if I do then he will go all over school and tell people that i asked him out and i dont want to be the laughing stock of the whole school. PLEASE HELP ANYONE PLEASE ANSWER IM DESPRET!!!!!!!!!

by caroline123 on 10/21/2012 8:33:16 PM

I really like this guy and I'm about 85% sure that he likes me back. I sometimes send him little cute love notes like ''your sweet" or ''your cute" or "I like you" stuff like that. I am also pretty sure that I am being obvious in my notes that it is from me (I don't write my name on them). I also really want him to send me a note back, but he hasn't yet. Am I annoying him and making him back off by getting the wrong signals from me, or does he not want to respond, or does he just not know it is from me? Also, should I keep sending him notes? If so, what are good cute little love notes that I can just slip in his backpack? And should I be obvious in my notes? Sorry for all the questions! I just really like him and I really want him to like me back <3

Hey LemonLips627, no you never want to be obvious, because that looks desperate. Just play it cool and slip little hints every now and then. I wouldn't send him anymore notes. Show him to his face that you're interested. Always say hi and wave when you see him, compliment him every now and then(not too much) and joke with him. Do you have any classes with him? Xoxo

Lynae P.

by LemonLips627 on 10/18/2012 9:42:48 PM

I have been asked out by a guy I knew but was never close to. I'm scared to date him because im almost 15 and never had a boyfriend,so I don't know what to do. He has had several girlfriends. And I have been kinda liking a guy before him. I told him maybe we should just hangout and see where things go. I don't know what to do. If I pick him I lose my other crush if I try to go for my crush whose older and doesn't go to my school but goes to my games, I will lose a oppotunity with the guy who asked me out. I just don't know what to do. Help. I have to see him in an hour our so, when school starts.

Hey girl-

It's totally normal that you haven't had a serious boyfriend yet-- don't let that mess up your decision. I would love to tell you what to do so that I can take some of the stress away, but when it comes down to it this is your decision and no one can tell you what the right answer is. Just look at your options and think about what would happen if you made a certain decision. Do you like the boy that asked you out? Would you be rilling to risk the possibility of that relationship to go after another that you aren't sure would even happen? At the end of the day you have to side with the choice that will make you the happiest. That is the only thing that truly matters. xoxo

Alexis G.

by andsothelionfellinlovewiththelamb on 10/16/2012 9:30:28 AM

Hey, my problem is that one of guy friends asked me out a few months ago, and I really liked him, but before I said yes, my BFF said that she liked him and I had to say no. so I did, and after a few months he asked my BFF out, and she said yes. Then about two months later, they broke up. And now he likes me, and I like him, an he keeps coming to all my sports event and stuff, but I can't really like him without my BFF finding out! I know she likes him, but technically he asked me out first. Help me please!
-Out Of My Mind

Hey babe-

Situations involving guys and your best buds are very sticky. The best and possibly only solution here is to talk to your BFF. Talk to her about the way you feel, be mature and open about it, and she maybe realize that you've been hurt by all of this too. Let her know that you wouldn't want to sacrifice your friendship for a relationship, but you also think that you deserve to be happy. If you talk to her about it instead of going behind her back or hiding your true feelings from her, she'll be more likely to give you the ok. Good luck! xoxo

Alexis G.

by aidan.mcloone on 10/16/2012 8:27:12 AM

Mod Mod Mod!!!!!!
Help!!!!! So I have a crush on this ADORABLE guy, but he barely knows I exist.
Last year we sat by each other in science, and we talked all the time. We would do really dumb stuff just to make the other person laugh. I was almost sure he liked me back! Then we got moved away from each other because we talked too much. Now we don't even acknowledge the other person in the hallway! Please help!!! I REALLY like him!!! He's all I think about, and this might seem really creepy, but I've had dreams about us being together for the past two weeks! HOW DO I GET CLOSER TO HIM????? And if I do, I was thinking I could write little note that says "I really like you, do you like me? Check yes no of maybe" do you think that's a good idea? Thanks!

Hey girl-

It sounds like you two were pretty flirty in science class. Maybe it's just tough for him to talk to you because you don't see each other that often? A note is cute, but a tad cliche. I bet he would be totally wowed if you just walked right up to him and said something like "Since we don't sit next to each other in science anymore, maybe we should catch a movie?" If you're not into be that direct try making time to talk to him in the hallway. The next time you pass him say hi! He'll be more apt to say hi next time if you do. Good luck! xoxo

Alexis G.

by turnonthemusic1 on 10/16/2012 6:08:10 AM

Well I have a huge crush on an amazing guy who is older than me by a few years and is totally off limits. The problem is I can't stop thinking about him and it makes me so upset knowing that it's never going to happen. I've tried to get over it but I can't. Every time I see him and talk to him and he smiles at me I get butterflies. I know I need to get over him but I don't know how. Please help!

by Sunny79 on 10/15/2012 10:34:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I really like this guy who I haven't had a class with in 3 years. But 3 years ago we both liked eachother (we never went out tho) and things were great between us. We grew very out of touch..I guess you could say we don't even know eachother anymore. But I still like him and I really wish I had a way to get to know him again.
I don't have a facebook or his cell number..so I don't really know how to make that happen tho.
Oh and one other thing is that I really don't like his sister who is a year older then us and in my history class....should that effect what I think of him?
Any advice you have would be appreciated! lol

Hey girl, I wouldn't let his sister affect the way you think of him, but I think you two really need to catch up and see who you are now versus three years ago before you jump into anything. People do change. See if there's any common place between you that you two can meet up at or any common activity. Without a place to reconnect or a reason to (which you can make), he's just wishful thinking.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by maggie183 on 10/15/2012 7:46:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD! My school is having a dance on nov. 2nd, since Halloween is on Wednesday, they decided to do a zombie theme instead of Halloween in general. What should I wear, I'm thinking of wearing my favorite skinny jeans (it's a casual dance) but I don't know what kind of top, any ideas

Hey girl, depending on whether or not you're supposed to dress as a zombie or if that's just a decoration theme, I'd do a dark, cute blouse with the jeans with a statement necklace.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Lemonlime123 on 10/15/2012 7:30:10 PM

i really want to get to know guys better because i connect or get along with them better. i can't just go out right and say "do you want to go for pizza?" because they'll suddenly think i have a crush on them, but i always see girls with guys and they aren't dating. i guess im too shy. also, how can i talk or hang out with more guys at school? thanks Tong

Hey girl, it all starts by not seeing guys are a foreign species. Treat them like you would anyone else — ask about music, shared classes, TV shows, etc. Maybe have a group event like bowling where you invite guys and girls. That mixing will allow you to get to know a lot of people better without there being a romantic context. xoxo
Alyssa B.

by coldplay12 on 10/15/2012 6:50:04 PM

Mod Mod Mod
My BGF asked out a girl just to have a girlfriend. But she's really mean. What should I do?

Hey girl, I think unfortunately his relationship is his domain. I'd be polite to them, but if he asks your honest opinion when it's you two one-on-one, you could say nicely you're not the biggest fan of her or the way she treats others.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by I Luv Carson on 10/15/2012 5:08:52 PM

Hey! I finally go the courage to tell my crush how I feel. We go to martial arts, so it's gonna be a lot harder telling him because I don't have that much time. At the same time, I want to be cute and creative, and so far I came up with 2 ideas. 1. Write a poem (that secretly has the capital letters spelling out my name) and tie it in his sneaker (in martial arts, your shoes are off so I can easily get to his shoes) Or 2. tell him that a "girl" likes him, but you can't tell who until he guesses questions correctly. Which one should I do? Does anyone have a better idea?

by kittycatmeowmeowchelsea on 10/15/2012 4:35:29 PM

Lol i love bill hes so funny mailyse f.

by ohheyitsjennyy on 10/15/2012 4:34:05 PM

Hey! I finally got enough courage to ask my crush out, but the problem is, I want to be cute and creative. Should I write a poem (with my name secretly hidden inside it) and tie it in his sneaker? (We do martial arts, so his shoes are easy to get to, because he has them off.) Or should I just say "There's a girl who likes you" and have him play a guessing game? I read that guys don't like confusing things, so should I just tell him I like him? Help! mailyse f.

by kittycatmeowmeowchelsea on 10/15/2012 4:28:18 PM

i have never asked out anyone before. what would i say??? mailyse f.

by Willow2205 on 10/15/2012 4:20:09 PM

Funny, on Thursday I asked the guy I like if he likes me (he said yes! but that he doesn't date in high school), and tomorrow, I'm going to see what's going on with us. I'm nervous. :x mailyse f.

by Dawnstar on 10/15/2012 4:15:21 PM