1 HOURS AGO OMG you gotta check out this #GLgirl's aw-worthy moment: http://t.co/LW6gdod3ZC

2 HOURS AGO So this kid got in trouble for recording himself being bullied?... #IsThisRealLife: http://t.co/rLcLyzslyP

3 HOURS AGO 3 spring staples to spuce up your wardrobe: http://t.co/ehFqBNyswI

COMMENTS

The votes are in! Who did kids pick for president?

The folks at Scholastic have been asking kids to vote for president since 1940, and in all but two elections, they’ve picked the guy that’s ended up...

And here's the thing about taxing the wealthy more: Sure the wealthy can afford it, but only for so long. I've been raised in the lower-end of high class/higher-end of middle class, and we have seriously lost lots of money because of the taxes. If you tax the wealthy long enough and just give it away to the lower income/no income people, then eventually, we'd be no better than the communists. We've all seen how well that's worked out*sarcasm*. But, if you lower taxes for EVERYBODY, then more people can pay them, and the rich can spend more. The rich spend more for goods and services, companies get more money, but they'll have to hire more people because they need to reach the demand. More jobs are created. More people have more money, and the government is still getting money from the sales taxes. It won't be overnight, but it'll fix the country faster than Obama ever could. This is called economics and a thinking process, and our PRESIDENT doesn't get it. Sad.

by CatFeather2017 on 10/23/2012 6:59:27 PM

OBAMA people. If you have been following the debates you would see that Obama is a better public speaker and uses big boy words. Mitt lies and doesn't really care about our country, just the 1%. Also I agree with same sex marriage and would like to have access to birth control in high school.

by cescalovescookies on 10/23/2012 12:07:31 AM

In my opinion I hope Obama doesn't win. I think Romney will do a great job as President. Obama had four years but he made everything worse.

by Twin371 on 10/22/2012 8:30:57 PM

1. "If you don't have a baby, don't have sex!"
So is it better for a child to live as a punishment to the parents and not be loved? Some couples don't want kids. Period. Should they be denied what other couples can do? Protection fails.
Secondly, what about rape victims? Oh, it's okay then? Why is a planned baby more deserving of life than a victim's baby? One in every ten women in the USA are victim of attempted rape, why should they have to take on a child after being abused and traumatized? More than 50% of rape victims are between the ages of 13 and 18.

2. "Imagine if you were that baby."
Hence the point of the abortion. The baby never knows what happened, safe and legal abortions take place during the first months of conception, before full development. Abortion is not murdering a baby, it is terminating a fetus. A fetus and baby are two very different things.

by luckybolt on 10/21/2012 10:10:50 AM

Grrrrr i hope this is innacurate!!! I don't hate Obama or anything, but I haven't noticed enough improvements to give him another chance. Besides that, Biden is rude!!! Just because Mitt is a bit richer doesn't mean he's snobby! He's got some good ideas. Hate on Harvard graduates much? Rich and poor people both have the equal rights to run for president, people. Mitt actually has had some experience here! Give the man a chance!!!

by lilitzygurl:) on 10/20/2012 11:55:37 PM

@louisianadiva4435

Obama had a huge mess to clean up because of bush! He stopped the war and considering that, he has done fine. I respect your views, all of you guys, but there is no point in argueing about this because we are all entitled to our veiws. Actually most of us are just copying our parents veiws. And like I said earlier, you are all entitled to your veiws, but Romney is against gay marriage and abortion. Why should you care who marrys who? I understand it can go against your religion, but not everyone is your religion, and if you think that God will send that person to hell for their deeds, than you can let them worry about that and let them be happy. And abortion is sad, but sometimes it's because a baby has a disease that will just kill it later or put it in pain. Maybe it's endangering the woman. Maybe both.

by lcoleman6 on 10/20/2012 7:12:14 PM

In my opinion here is how people vote. Republicans primarily vote for themselves and their own needs, whether in the work field, family needs, or just general things like taxes. While democrats, not always, but sometimes, vote for others. They vote to benefit the general people and to benefit the community. They don't want to be controlled by the government, just look at republicans; they want to control your sex life with non-choice abortion options. I think abortion is absolutely inhumane and horrible, but in specific cases I believe it is necessary because people die every day, a baby would know less than an older person. Killing a soldier in war is much crueler than killing an unborn baby, I am aware this sounds horrible, but just trying to make people think a little bit. Anyway, please vote for Obama this year, or have your parents vote for him. Otherwise I am very afraid we will have a second revolution or something! Ha-ha
Thank you so much and stay educated Smile

by petzrule10 on 10/20/2012 2:00:39 PM

That comment where she is like "If you don't want a child, just don't have sex!" Really? What about the women who get raped? Do you think they want to keep that reminder for 18 years? what if the child looks exactly like the rapist? Thats why women should have the choice.

by Hawaiigirl556 on 10/19/2012 11:22:26 PM

Okay, about abortion. It wouldn't be MY choice, but women should have the right to choose. Lots of kids are up for adoption, adding more wouldn't benefit anyone. Also, you don't know why some women want an abortion. Some may have a good reason. Again, I would never have an abortion, but women should make their own *informed* choices when it comes to their body.

by smileurastar on 10/19/2012 6:40:33 AM

OK: this is just my opinion, and I'm not all that informed on this, so tell me nicely if you disagree.
I think that Mitt Romney seems a little prejudiced. Not supporting gay marriage? I respect his personal/religious beliefs, but church is seperated from law...so he should think about what the citizens wish for.
And the whole raising taxes on the middle class? The middle class is where everyday people fall, and a lot of everyday people are unemployed due to the bad economy.
I don't think that President Obama would be a great president, but I feel that Mitt Romney would be worse.
*Just my opinion. I do respect yours*

by smileurastar on 10/19/2012 6:36:56 AM