11 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

14 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

15 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

COMMENTS

The votes are in! Who did kids pick for president?

The folks at Scholastic have been asking kids to vote for president since 1940, and in all but two elections, they’ve picked the guy that’s ended up...

You wonder why this country has so many problems, and then you find out that the average american person doesn't even know the first sentence to the first amendment of the Constitution. And no, it does not start with "We the people..."

by brianaluvsempanadas on 11/17/2012 7:14:40 PM

Hey all of you Bush blamers: IT'S NOT BUSH'S FAULT! I GUESS YOU DIDN'T DO YOUR RESEARCH AND FIND OUT THAT BUSH AND OBAMA ARE WORKING TOGETHER TO DRAIN THIS COUNTRY DOWN THE TOILET! AND ROMNEY? HIM AND OMBAMA ARE SPONSORED BY THE SAME COMPANIES! THERE IS REALLY NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ANY OF OUR RECENT PRESIDENTS! (BESIDES JFK) THE GOVERNMENT'S GOAL IS TO DISTRACT YOU WILL UNIMPORTANT THINGS LIKE GAY MARRIAGE NOTHND ABORTION BUT THE TRUTH IS THAT IF YOU JUST READ THE CONSTITUTION, YOU WILL FIND OUT THAT IT'S NOT THE GOVERNMENTS JOB TO FEED YOU (FOOD STAMPS), AND GET YOUR LAZY BUTT OFF THE COUCH AND GET YOU A JOB, AND SEND OUR MEN OFF TO ANOTHER COUNTRY SO WE CAN BUILD THAT COUNTRY UP SO THEY CAN ATTACK US! THE ONLY THING THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IS DECIDING IF A LAW SHOULD BE A LAW OR VETOING IT! THAT'S IT! AND BY THE WAY, THE REASON THEY USE THAT EXCUSE "PROTECTING US FROM CRIMINALS AND TERRORISTS" IS JUST ANOTHER WAY TO PUT CAMERAS IN EVERY CORNER OF THIS COUNTRY.

by brianaluvsempanadas on 11/17/2012 7:10:42 PM

If anyone does their research, they will end up voting for the Libertarian Party: Gary Johnson. He"s one of the only party that isn't sponsored by the same companies.

by brianaluvsempanadas on 11/17/2012 6:32:38 PM

I think Romney should be in office. Honestly, neither choice is particularly amazing, but under Obama our national debt increased 50%, most of which is owned by China. I did some research on Mitt Romney's abortion views, and he actually is not against abortion in cases of rape. Unemployment is up .3% from 2009. Obama sent troops all over and spent a lot of money. We need to look at the bigger picture!

by lol1029 on 11/4/2012 9:56:32 PM

I am personally hoping that President Obama wins, and here is why:
Mitt Romney would like to do away with Student Loans. Now I realize that there are a number of rich folks who can afford to go to whatever college they want. I for one can not. I know I am not alone in that either. If we can't go to college, we we become a laughed at stupid country and things will never EVER get better in our country, it will only get worse in every way.
Mitt Romney would like to do away with abortion. I for one do not believe in abortion, but I feel as though women need to make that choice for themselves. If it is your own darn fault that you got pregnant, then you should have to deal with the consequences, but if you were raped, it is offensive that under Romney's rule, you wouldn't even have the choice to use protection.
All of Mitt Romney's plans are too vague to depend on. Enough said.
I respect Republican viewpoints, but for this election, voting in Mitt Romney would not be my choice.

by CupcakeKNB on 11/3/2012 7:01:12 PM

@cheerfulcheer
Are we even on the same topic?
All I said is that I believe Mitt would be a better president, and I wasn't saying your opinion was right or wrong, I'm just saying that I'm a supporter of mitt Lauren I.

by louisianadiva4435 on 11/2/2012 4:07:35 PM

Um yeah @louisianadiva4435
You do realize everything Mitt says is vague, doesn't include detail, and contradicts itself right? And I'm very informed about this, my dad happens to work in Washington on this and shares things with me so I can see what is ACTUALLY happening.

by cheerfulcheer on 10/31/2012 11:48:07 PM

Mitt Romney said that he carries binders full of "women". shame. shame

by tmdicarlo on 10/28/2012 5:52:08 PM

@cheerfulcheer
Realize this: it wasn't obama who killed the terrorist the U.S has been after for years. It was his TROOPS that killed him. THE TROOPS. Huge difference. I happen to be informed on the subject, and Obama didn't even listen to his advisors when to send or bring back the troops. I just feel that Mitt has better views for the future than Obama does, and I feel he understands buisness and could repair the economy some because of this reason.

by louisianadiva4435 on 10/28/2012 10:54:47 AM

Hey girls! Ever need advice on family, friends, schoolwork, or anything else that's on your mind? Check out my advice queen page! I check it almost every day so if you have a question I will most likely answer in time. Thanks, have an awesome day! Smile

by ohheyitsjennyy on 10/24/2012 9:33:23 PM

And here's the thing about taxing the wealthy more: Sure the wealthy can afford it, but only for so long. I've been raised in the lower-end of high class/higher-end of middle class, and we have seriously lost lots of money because of the taxes. If you tax the wealthy long enough and just give it away to the lower income/no income people, then eventually, we'd be no better than the communists. We've all seen how well that's worked out*sarcasm*. But, if you lower taxes for EVERYBODY, then more people can pay them, and the rich can spend more. The rich spend more for goods and services, companies get more money, but they'll have to hire more people because they need to reach the demand. More jobs are created. More people have more money, and the government is still getting money from the sales taxes. It won't be overnight, but it'll fix the country faster than Obama ever could. This is called economics and a thinking process, and our PRESIDENT doesn't get it. Sad.

by CatFeather2017 on 10/23/2012 6:59:27 PM

OBAMA people. If you have been following the debates you would see that Obama is a better public speaker and uses big boy words. Mitt lies and doesn't really care about our country, just the 1%. Also I agree with same sex marriage and would like to have access to birth control in high school.

by cescalovescookies on 10/23/2012 12:07:31 AM

In my opinion I hope Obama doesn't win. I think Romney will do a great job as President. Obama had four years but he made everything worse.

by Twin371 on 10/22/2012 8:30:57 PM

1. "If you don't have a baby, don't have sex!"
So is it better for a child to live as a punishment to the parents and not be loved? Some couples don't want kids. Period. Should they be denied what other couples can do? Protection fails.
Secondly, what about rape victims? Oh, it's okay then? Why is a planned baby more deserving of life than a victim's baby? One in every ten women in the USA are victim of attempted rape, why should they have to take on a child after being abused and traumatized? More than 50% of rape victims are between the ages of 13 and 18.

2. "Imagine if you were that baby."
Hence the point of the abortion. The baby never knows what happened, safe and legal abortions take place during the first months of conception, before full development. Abortion is not murdering a baby, it is terminating a fetus. A fetus and baby are two very different things.

by luckybolt on 10/21/2012 10:10:50 AM

Grrrrr i hope this is innacurate!!! I don't hate Obama or anything, but I haven't noticed enough improvements to give him another chance. Besides that, Biden is rude!!! Just because Mitt is a bit richer doesn't mean he's snobby! He's got some good ideas. Hate on Harvard graduates much? Rich and poor people both have the equal rights to run for president, people. Mitt actually has had some experience here! Give the man a chance!!!

by lilitzygurl:) on 10/20/2012 11:55:37 PM

@louisianadiva4435

Obama had a huge mess to clean up because of bush! He stopped the war and considering that, he has done fine. I respect your views, all of you guys, but there is no point in argueing about this because we are all entitled to our veiws. Actually most of us are just copying our parents veiws. And like I said earlier, you are all entitled to your veiws, but Romney is against gay marriage and abortion. Why should you care who marrys who? I understand it can go against your religion, but not everyone is your religion, and if you think that God will send that person to hell for their deeds, than you can let them worry about that and let them be happy. And abortion is sad, but sometimes it's because a baby has a disease that will just kill it later or put it in pain. Maybe it's endangering the woman. Maybe both.

by lcoleman6 on 10/20/2012 7:12:14 PM

In my opinion here is how people vote. Republicans primarily vote for themselves and their own needs, whether in the work field, family needs, or just general things like taxes. While democrats, not always, but sometimes, vote for others. They vote to benefit the general people and to benefit the community. They don't want to be controlled by the government, just look at republicans; they want to control your sex life with non-choice abortion options. I think abortion is absolutely inhumane and horrible, but in specific cases I believe it is necessary because people die every day, a baby would know less than an older person. Killing a soldier in war is much crueler than killing an unborn baby, I am aware this sounds horrible, but just trying to make people think a little bit. Anyway, please vote for Obama this year, or have your parents vote for him. Otherwise I am very afraid we will have a second revolution or something! Ha-ha
Thank you so much and stay educated Smile

by petzrule10 on 10/20/2012 2:00:39 PM

That comment where she is like "If you don't want a child, just don't have sex!" Really? What about the women who get raped? Do you think they want to keep that reminder for 18 years? what if the child looks exactly like the rapist? Thats why women should have the choice.

by Hawaiigirl556 on 10/19/2012 11:22:26 PM

Okay, about abortion. It wouldn't be MY choice, but women should have the right to choose. Lots of kids are up for adoption, adding more wouldn't benefit anyone. Also, you don't know why some women want an abortion. Some may have a good reason. Again, I would never have an abortion, but women should make their own *informed* choices when it comes to their body.

by smileurastar on 10/19/2012 6:40:33 AM

OK: this is just my opinion, and I'm not all that informed on this, so tell me nicely if you disagree.
I think that Mitt Romney seems a little prejudiced. Not supporting gay marriage? I respect his personal/religious beliefs, but church is seperated from law...so he should think about what the citizens wish for.
And the whole raising taxes on the middle class? The middle class is where everyday people fall, and a lot of everyday people are unemployed due to the bad economy.
I don't think that President Obama would be a great president, but I feel that Mitt Romney would be worse.
*Just my opinion. I do respect yours*

by smileurastar on 10/19/2012 6:36:56 AM

Romney for us to really have a better life. I find out my info from Washington state Senator Christine Rolfes. How? Shes my childhood friends mom.

by YayaYuiki on 10/18/2012 4:29:55 PM

@louisianadiva4435 Not all democrats want the government involved in their lives! Maybe some do, but I'm a democrat and I don't want the government to make decisions for me. That's what Romney is doing, taking away women's rights for decisions regarding a women's body!

by litmarvel on 10/18/2012 2:31:13 PM

Romney should have won! Now I'm not going to be mean towards anyone, but I'm just gonna state a fact. Abortion IS killing babies. Babies can feel in the womb within weeks and its illegal to get an abortion any sooner. If u dont want a child, just dont have sex! Imagine if u were that baby and u got aborted! God has a plan for their life and they will make a difference. Adoption is an option and everyone has a soul before they're born. Hannah H.

by myfatsquirrel on 10/18/2012 11:44:14 AM

Ok, I have a couple of things to sy to some of you about your recent comments:
@siaeme12, parties definitely matter! True, the best candidate should win, but saying that parties don't matter is like saying opinions don't matter, because you either say I believe this and Im democratic, or I believe this and I'm republican. It just depends on what you believe.
@kaymalu, yes, Obama did put us further into debt!! Just saying
And @susmita24, how dare you say that republicans are spoiling themselves! Think about it, some of your friends may even be republican, so think about what you say, especially on the Internet

by Louisianadiva4435 on 10/18/2012 10:12:39 AM

I know Obama did have a huge mess to clean up, but all he did was mess it up more. And personally, I'm not just republican because my parents are. I am because I believe that the go government shouldn't be involved in my life( that's what a democrat believes, but that is not my opinion) Anyways, I just don't have the gut feeling that Obama will be the right president this term. I guess that it's a good thing he can tell us straight forward that we're going through tough times than that it's all going to be okay. But otherwise, I'm all for Romney

by louisianadiva4435 on 10/17/2012 10:17:06 PM

YOU GUYS! We don't have to fight over this. Most of us are under 18 and we can't even vote. We (meaning our families, parents, friends, us) all have different opinions.We're all voting for whoever we choose for what ever reason we choose. So can we put away our differences instead of saying why each candidate should not win? How about "Wow! That's so cool that Scholastic does this!" or something. C'mon guys!

by WinnieGirlie on 10/17/2012 9:46:47 PM

First of all, TEAM OBAMA!!! People are saying that the election doesnt matter to us because we are just teens, but as a poor, young, black female, this election actually does affect me a lot. Maybe it doesn't affect the rich, white, republicans commenting on here so there.

by carinaamina on 10/17/2012 9:44:30 PM

Obama is just cleaning up the mess that the previous president made for him.

by Francissca on 10/17/2012 8:36:31 PM

Btw, abortion does not include killing babies. They take the egg of the baby when its only like 1 month or so. So don't go along spearing that abortion is killing babies. Its not killing babies my gosh! OBAMA ALL THE WAY!!

by APlovesJB on 10/17/2012 7:36:02 PM

I do not agree with everyone's comments about Obama being a horrible president. Although all of you guys are entitled to your own opinion. I think that Obama has been doing a fantastic job of being president and he is a very intelligent man. I think the wealthy should pay more money for taxes so that the middle class and poor don't have to pay as much. I'm also glad that Obama is for gay marriage! Yay! I'm not saying I'm lesbian or anything but equality for all! Smile

by APlovesJB on 10/17/2012 7:31:08 PM

By the way, everyone saying Obama has done nothing, he killed a terrorist who has been trying to murder you for the past eleven years. Who knows, if that hadn't happened, we could be dead. And Romney wants to send my dad to Afghanistan, where most people die. I'm just asking you to think, if your parent was going to be killed if someone got elected, would you vote for them? Plus, yesterday Romney stood on a stage and said having children before marriage is bad. Yeah, I know some religions say that, but I was born before my parents got married, and I'm valedictorian, first in my class, going to Yale University, president of all but 3 of my school's 15 clubs, have won more than 40 awards at 1st place for speech, band, choir, drama, etc., have been homecoming and prom queen every high school event, scored a 35 on the ACT, have been ranked first in my state for all star cheer leading, and lots of other things that in my opinion don't make me bad, yet Romney said kids like me are bad???????

by cheerfulcheer on 10/17/2012 7:29:31 PM

Okay I'm not even voting for Obama or Romney, but both of them tell lies and the truth. One isn't better than the other. I watch every debate, and I fact check almost every "fact" they say, and Obama tends to tell the truth more than Romney, but not by much. Plus, Romney is a super hypocrite, I'm just putting it out there. In the first debate, he said he's going to cut funding to fossil fuel production, and in last nights he was all "oh I LOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEE" fossil fuels!!!!!!" And his plan includes cutting the Department of Education. Sorry to say, but do you know how stupid we will be without that? I'm just going to say, I think Romney was an awesome governor, I really do. He helped the state some, and I respect him for that, and it look like he has a cool personality, and I'd love to meet him, but I don't think he'd be very good as president NOW. Maybe in the 2016 election he'll be better for the situation, but Obama seems better for this one. That's just my opinion.

by cheerfulcheer on 10/17/2012 7:15:22 PM

um hello, we can't have obama back in the white house. I agree with louisianadiva4435 and caseycat1. he hasn't helped this country at all. No excuses, he had his chance, he BLEW IT and now get him out

by Kstar101 on 10/17/2012 7:15:18 PM

Watched the debate last night. Every word that came out of Obama's lying mouth made me want to bang me head against the wall. I decided not to though, because that might give me brain damage and make me actually think he was a good president. Though that would take a lot of hits.....

by AlSal on 10/17/2012 7:07:37 PM

@maggie183- What exactly had Mitt Romney lied about? He wasn't the one avoiding questions about the price for gas, was he? Or the one saying he has encouraged oil production? Didn't Obama just shut down 23 million some acres in alaska, set aside for oil drilling? Yeah, that's what I thought. No offense of course. And @girlyGECko, Obama did virtually nothing these last four years besides raise gas prices and make our allies angry. @talorswiftfan1236, yeah girlie!

by AlSal on 10/17/2012 7:03:09 PM

omg!! you people are r.e.a.l.l.y w.r.o.n.g. Obama is a great president. Duh!!! That's why he won last time, and that's the reason why more kids voted for him. Obama might win beacause the kids that voted are probably just following their parents' lead.

by peace6767 on 10/17/2012 6:58:32 PM

Obama 2012
Before I start off, I mostly know what im talking about. Yes, Im a kid but so are all of you. If anything I say is incorrect (as in really, like if my math or research is worng) then whatever.
In last nights debate, both canidates lied. Its a fact of life, but Romney notably lied more and liked to interrupt Candy, the Moderator, who did so much better then Jim last time. Good on you for not letting those two guys step all over you! Anyways, I found his "binder full of women" remark kind of insensitive to ladies. But whatever.
Although we havent gotten better in Obama's term, hes trying his best to clean up Bush's mess. I mean, we elected him two terms, the least we can do is the same for Obama. And why should we trust Romney with his miracle healthcare plan when he wont even specify what it is? There are a lot of other things I'd like to say, but I only have 1000 characters. Ill leave you with this: this is as polite as I can get, you guys.
Obama 2012

by sinkinginblack on 10/17/2012 6:53:38 PM

Everyone, please stop fighting. You aren't even old enough to vote for real. And you are probably just voting in the mock election who your parents are voting for. You don't even know the people who you are fighting with, do you really want to ruin the chances of a future friendship because of who your parents are voting for?

by lemonlime123 on 10/17/2012 6:51:27 PM

@sarahsprinkles265 Maybe YOU don't like that show anymore, but no need to go say nobody likes it! And I doubt you even know much about Biden, so why do you just go out and say he's a mean jerk? He's expressing his opinion, and last time I checked, it's a free country.

by LovePeaceHope on 10/17/2012 6:31:11 PM

I want Obama to win. For all of you saying that Obama has "done nothing good for our country" it's hard to make a big impact in four years! How can you expect Obama to fix eight years of Bush's mistakes in just four years? I agree with Obama on gay marriage. Everyone deserves human rights and denying gay people marriage is like telling them they aren't human. Also Mitt Romney was born into money. He didn't make himself into something like Obama did.Just my opinion!😊

by Likatruzippo7 on 10/17/2012 5:42:17 PM

I read a few comments, then decided it's too much. Why are a whole bunch of teenage girls having discussions like adults about politics. I agree, it's good to have an opinion in your head for the future, but if you really think about it, we are all mostly doing what are parents would say. I agree with Barack Obama that anyone should marry anyone, but I also agree with Romney, mostly, about tax rates. If I was the president though, the tax rate would be the same. I mean why show pity and why take people's hard earned money to give to some poor people who don't get off their lazy butts and get a job! Just a few opinions. I don't believe I'm a republican like my parents, or a democrat. I believe I'm in between and I have time to make my decision.

by maddimeade on 10/17/2012 5:00:39 PM

@Loppyears you dont see or hear ANYTHING thats happening right now and no one brags about being democrats or even republicans

by sarahsprinkles265 on 10/17/2012 5:00:15 PM

@lOVEPEACEHOPE Yeah um biden wasn't laughing at Paul Ryan because YOU dont like the things he said......HE SAID IT CUZ HES A MEAN JERK!!! And to all those people who think Obamas trying his best, he is making things worse. And even though im not rich im middle class i still think its unfair to take rich peoples money and give it to the poor. Taxes HAVE gone up and you know that PBS thing and mitt romney. NOBODY LIKES THAT STUPID SHOW ANYMORE!! We OWE OTHER COUNTRIES! They could declare war on us if we didnt pay them....My bf is a liberel and I can see why, and my friend says Mitt romney cazed all of this!!SERIOUSLY PEOPLE, Mitt romneys not the presidet he controls one small state. SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE vote for Mitt Romney Oh btw this is my opinion

by sarahsprinkles265 on 10/17/2012 4:58:54 PM

I agree with mssmith123 and caseycat16. @maggie183, Obama is the one making up the lies. Obama is the worst president ever. Romney may not be amazing but he's a lot better than Obama.

by taylorswiftfan1236 on 10/17/2012 4:40:34 PM

I wanted Romney to win, but Obama did okay these last 4 yers. He didnt do anything awesome but we stayed out of trouble with warsand such.

by girlyGECko on 10/17/2012 3:49:03 PM

The only people Romney cares about are the super wealthy. And all he's done in his debates so far is make up lies about Obama and our country...honestly I don't know of one person who wants him to win, he would be like our worst president! I'm so surprised that some of you guys actually want him to be our president...um..WHY?!?! No offence of course ;) lol

by maggie183 on 10/17/2012 3:35:47 PM

So mom, when are we moving?

by Carrie_Underwood on 10/17/2012 3:27:14 PM

of course obama won. you see people under 18 dont understand it. im under 18 and i watch the debates and i dont know half the stuff their talking about. they just vote for the president now. and obama has done NOTHING for this country over the 4 years. hes had the chance! people are commenting that hes a good president...uhh no? kids dont understand whats actually going on. they dont pay the gas or the taxes so they wouldnt know. the economy is horrible and has gotten worse ever since obama has been president. he said he cut taxes for middle class families but half my class said their parents said their taxes have gone up. i dont want to relive these past four years. im ready for a change. theres so many people in poverty and who are unemployed. we owe china trillions on dollars but we dont have the money. we keep borrowing! we need to use what we have and make the best out of everything to become a better country and put america back together

by caseycat16 on 10/17/2012 3:17:24 PM

Obama would ruin all our lives!!! Yeah, you know how all his plans sound amazing? Well, they cost money that we don't have. We are in the trillions of our national debt. WE. DON'T. HAVE. THE. MONEY. And about him raising the wealthy people's taxes? Well, I would compare it to working hard for good grades, but then all the people in your grade that don't try hard and get bad grades get your grades. So, if you had an A, you would get a C just like the people who don't try. Now if they try, that's a different story...

by mssmith123 on 10/17/2012 2:04:17 PM

OBAMA!!!!! Smile He obviously is an amazing president!!! Smile

by BabyDahl13 on 10/17/2012 10:02:33 AM

i rwally hope ramney wins because barak has just made the world worse.

by saphiresyphira on 10/17/2012 8:31:16 AM

Ok, first I am educated on the subject. I not only watches the presidential debate, but understood it with great ease. I know my choice loud and clear, and I'm all for Romney. I watched a news article and they asked 7 college students " how many of your parents have been unemployed in the last 4 years?" and 6 of the 7 raised their hands for yes. Besides, all of you who are saying that mitt Romney will take away women's rights must not understand. Even if he did do that, its America and we would be able to protest. I know Obama is a nice guy, but did he live up to his promises? No!!!
If he got choosen for office, another 4 year term of unreasonable taxes being raised. If he's choosen, by the end of the term I'll almost be an adult going to college. I can't risk my own future, even though I can't vote, I don't want to risk my future. Do you?

by louisianadiva4435 on 10/17/2012 8:05:21 AM

Its hard being President, and even though it looks like Obama did not do anything during his term, that doesn't mean he isn't trying. Its hard to pass a bill through Congress and the Supreme Court and have both Republicans and Democrats agree with him. And you can't possibly expect him to immediately fix all our problems in FOUR years after the mess the Bush Administration left him. Obama should be given another term to carry out his plans.

by Emilicious on 10/17/2012 12:51:06 AM

I swear all this presidential stuff is giving me a headache. Anyway, ROMNEY ALL DA WAYYY

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 10/17/2012 12:50:00 AM

I dont think that Obama should win! Romney deserves a chance and Obama takes to much time to get this country in better shape. He also is going to take money from the higher class and give it to the lower thats not fair i mean the higher income people worked for that money. Anyways that is only my opinion but i think Romney should win!

by gleerules101 on 10/16/2012 11:08:46 PM

Well, that was pretty close. I do hope Romney wins though Smile

by iluvmusic♥ on 10/16/2012 10:57:34 PM

Obama. I voted. He has gotten my rents jobs. After like 17,000 years of looking OBAMA ALL DA WAYYYYY

by aki2000 on 10/16/2012 10:01:44 PM

And at Coobs123 really??? You think Obama is the one interupting? I think you need to watch a little closer.

by lcoleman6 on 10/16/2012 9:42:46 PM

I agree with Yoli 100% I hope this is what will happen. Obama has done great for our country considering the mess Bush left him. And gay and lesbian marriages? Everybody should be able to marry whoever they want. If you don't like it, that's fine, but you shouldn't force your beliefs on others. That's part of America. It's expected of everyone to exept others beliefs and let them be as they want. Those of you who don't believe in it, you are in an indirect manner BULLYING gay and lesbian people. Let them be who they wanna be, no judging.

by lcoleman6 on 10/16/2012 9:41:29 PM

Obama should win. For all of you saying that he did nothing good for the country, you should actually do some research before saying that. Why should Romney win anyways? Have you heard about the things he was planning to do if he won the election? Well, this is just my opinion anyways. It isn't relevant because I'm not yet old enough to vote, haha. Smile

by purplenurple88 on 10/16/2012 9:37:26 PM

So what all of you are saying is you don't support my mom's cousin and his marriage. Well,

by briannam911 on 10/16/2012 9:34:33 PM

If President Obama wins, I am moving to Antarctica!!! Come on people! I mean like what has Obama done? Nothing! We made a mistake by getting him president once, it's time to fix it by getting Mitt Romney in office
Don't you see how rude Obama is being to Mitt Romney during the debates? He won't let anyone but himself talk because Obama's head is so big, he can't see anything else!Mitt can hardly speak from Obama always interrupting!

Where in the world is Obama getting his information? Australia? That actually wouldn't surprise me! Everything Obama is telling you is a lie, and you have two choices. 1. Vote Mitt and actually have a future. 2. Ruin the future by voting Obama.

LET'S GO MITT ROMNEY!

by coobs123 on 10/16/2012 9:28:18 PM

Man, if we have predicted who will win in the past elections, I hope this is the third incorrect one! Obama has gotten us in some serious debt! And i can't stand abortion! Let the poor babies live!

by alexia_directioner<3 on 10/16/2012 9:20:41 PM

Hmmmm. That was really close actually. I'm for Romney all the way.

by Gabriella123 on 10/16/2012 9:19:45 PM

What my cousin told me about Obama's plan, kinda scared me, and it meaned life or death, I have no idea if she was lying or not (It's kinda hard to tell). But all I know is I'd like a president who would be able to prepare kids for their further lifes by teaching politicts and such, it's fun to know what's happening in the real world, and not finding out how many watermelons sally brought in all. My reasoning is that, if we have no idea what we are doing before hand, how would this country end up? Probally as dumb-founded adults knowing little about the situations in the world. Adults need to think about their kids and what they KNOW we'll end up using when we grow up.

by Bloodyangel on 10/16/2012 9:10:48 PM

I am in the big mitten! Michigan! Yes! I really hope Obama helps us the middle classmate ugh I don't wanna split it to two groups, rich and poor, he better make a difference and most voters I know chose Obama!
Here's a poem...
Tell yo mama
To vote 4 Obama!
To end da drama,
Vote 4 Obama!
Romenyyyyy
Sucha phony,
He be trying to steal our moneyy!
He thinks so sweet like honey!
But it's funny how honey ain't sweet like sugar!
Stop spoiling yourself republicans and clean that bouger! (laugh out loud idky I said that)
Thankyoufor your time!

by Susmita24 on 10/16/2012 9:08:42 PM

Too bad Ronald Reagan can't come back and be our president again...I bet he was great.

by raininghippos on 10/16/2012 9:03:02 PM

@sarahsprinkles265 He was laughing at him because he was talking nonsense.

by LovePeaceHope on 10/16/2012 8:53:45 PM

Mitt Romney held a private conference for many rich people trying to get them to donate money to his campaign, which is a clear sign that he feels rich people would be more important. And when he was on a Mexican program, he put dark makeup all over his face, probably so he could look more like them and get more votes. Cheesy much? Romney is not a good choice for our president and if he gets chosen then everyone will see. GO OBAMA!!! Smile

by LovePeaceHope on 10/16/2012 8:50:36 PM

Hey to all you people out there. Just because your parents are republican or democrat or whatever, doesn't mean that you have to be to. I mean I know that usually you see your parents point of view but you should really try to have your own opinion.

by nightstrike75 on 10/16/2012 8:42:42 PM

For people who say they would vote for Romney simply because you are republican is not a good reason. If you're a republican you can vote for whoever is the best candidate, and vice versa. Parties don't matter! and people say Obama gave us so much debt but the country Bush left him wasn't the best. If you have checked the news lately, it is getting better!! And have you heard some of the comments Romney has made? like the fact that our parents should pay for college? or that gay/lesbain people don't deserve to marry each other(a controversal topic that should have an obvious answer)? Guys, give Obama another chance, Romney is not going to help our country

by siaeme12 on 10/16/2012 8:34:19 PM

Girls,before you post anything.Make sure you are actually educated on the issues you are protesting about.Nothing looks sillier than a bunch of people ranting and picking a presidential candidate without proper support,and reasons for why he should be president. I'm sure most of you don't even watch the Presidential debates and if you do you probably don't have a great understanding of them.

by letshitbikinghipsters on 10/16/2012 8:24:24 PM

I so agree- Obama is by no means perfect, but he did the best that he could under the condition that Bush left the country in... Obama definitely deserves the chance to keep improving the country in a second term Smile no one could have done more to fix the US in its situation......

by kiwi116 on 10/16/2012 8:13:03 PM

NOOO. i voted for romney on scholastic i was sure hed win!!! omg i hope romney wins instead of obama!!

by lilmissamazing on 10/16/2012 7:59:26 PM

I'd like to clarify somethings to you guys:
-Obama did a lot for this country. He NEVER lied, and HE didn't bring us further into debt. Prez Bush is the one you can thank for for what we're in right now. Could U have done better than Obama? I think not. Romney is pointing a LOT of fingers, but all the fingers should be pointed at him, cause he'll basically sit in the white house for four years doing NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!
GO OBAMA! UR THE BEST!!!!

by kaymalu on 10/16/2012 7:16:30 PM

YAY!!! Obama did pretty good. (since i heard no complaints from my parents) Besides, I think I live in a swing state (California) and I'm Democratic!

by loppyears12 on 10/16/2012 7:14:42 PM

I'm agreeing. I don't think Romney will be a very good president because he wants to make budget cuts.

by coldplay12 on 10/16/2012 7:05:15 PM

I think the results are very good and I am really relieved that President Obama won because (don't kill me, it is just my opinion) I believe that Mitt Romney's plan to raise the middle class tax and lower taxes for the upperclass to pay off our debt is not fair to anyone and I really do not think that it is fair to hate Obama for our country's debt because it is not his fault he inherited the problem (again, feel free to disagree, it is just my opinion).

by otter77 on 10/16/2012 6:41:01 PM

Go obama, not everything can be patched up in four years. don't blame the debt on obama. trillions were not earned in four years and if you believe that you must be a fool. it took us years to dig this hole, no matter who wins it'll take years to get out. its easier to dig than climb. even if romney wins. WE STILL won't be out of debt in four years. people in the office before us and even people we know helped create this debt. it is obamas problem, but its not his fault.

by briana13 on 10/16/2012 6:37:33 PM

well thats riduculous. Romney all the way!! he is not only the better president but the better person. He will lead this great nation out of all the debt Obaa cause dus. and ll the Obama supporters need to stop blaming everything on bush and just take the responsiblitly for his actions. he had 4 years to fix it, yet he didn't. we cannot afford 4 more years of this. i so wish i could vote for Mitt!!! we need to help the country, not hurt it. NOBAMA!!

by laxchik18 on 10/16/2012 6:15:37 PM

I don't get why so many people are hating on Obama. The debt was worse when he came into office. Romney wants to lessen women's rights. Doesn't that balance it out, even just a little bit?

by Jetdoggy24 on 10/16/2012 6:09:23 PM

Stop saying Obama did nothing during his term.
4 years simply isn't long enough to do some things. Some of you have been in school for well over 4 years and still don’t know the difference between “your” and “you’re”.”

by Dani143 on 10/16/2012 6:01:39 PM

mitt romney SHOULDN'T win because he wants 2 take away women's rights! he thinks that all they r meant 4 is to stay home and have a baby. seriously! anyone who votes 4 him doesn't want women to have rights. brach obama didn't do anything, but mitt romney will run us into the ground.

by cgirl109 on 10/16/2012 5:58:27 PM

Obama had his chance. Romney isn't the best but Obama had his chance.

by Lizzylizard101 on 10/16/2012 5:54:42 PM

No! I really hope that this doesn't happen in the real election! I mean really can we get in anymore debt?? Fact: Obama has put us in more debt than all the presidents before us combined! I mean really so help us if he gets reelected... geeez i don't want to think about that.

by Liza Mc. on 10/16/2012 5:49:40 PM

U go Obama! (: people keep saying Obama is bad uhh NO! its all President Bush's fault.....

and gay,lesbian marriages.... its no ones business but theirs .....
o i hope President Obama is president again! ♥

Mit Romney......ohhh paa-leeze! ._.

by Sweetheart ♥ on 10/16/2012 5:47:06 PM

OBAMA 2012 Smile
I don't believe that Obama could have done anything to help the economy grow any faster. Bush hit us with the biggest recession since the great depression! Not to mention Romney has a very similar 'plan' for the economy as Bush did. It would be a sad day if Romney were elected president. He is extremely out of touch with the average American, and do you know how he made his millions? By sending low paying jobs out to foreign countries. Obama has expressed his support for gay marriage, which is wonderful, because it's none of the government's business if you want to marry the person you love! How would you feel if you really loved someone but the government forbade you from having the same rights as other couples because of his own personal beliefs? Romney is full of lies, and in the last debate he tried to back off his statements. You want proof he is very out of touch with the average american? just watch the forty seven percent video.

by strawberries101 on 10/16/2012 5:39:36 PM

I am personally for Mitt Romney. Here's why:
Obama increased spending, therefore increasing out debt
Yet at the same time he raised taxes
Sure he got in at a messy time, but he still didn't nothing he said he would
And I hope that the people who are commenting and who voted are actually doing what they believe and watching the debates and following the race, not copying what their parents say. I've watched all the debates so far, and I made my decision based on that and what Obama's done to benefit the country. In fact, there's a debate tonight! In the vice president debate Joe Biden thought he was too cool and was awful and laughed or snickered when Paul Ryan was talking. I want a respectable vice president and president, one that will accomplish what they're saying, and benefit our country in many ways. That's why I (not my parents) want Mitt Romney.

by krusha27 on 10/16/2012 5:18:25 PM

The votes are in! Who cares? Girls don't come to this website for political advice and stats. Good thing this only comes around every 4 years. It's frustrating me

by alindgren on 10/16/2012 5:12:13 PM

I hope this isn't a foreshadowing of our future- if this country gets in any more debt theres not way we're ever going to recover.....such a bummer.....whoever wins I hope you the best but if I could vote I would vote for Mitt Romney

by Justmecheyenne on 10/16/2012 4:59:58 PM

GO OBAMA!!!

by ellieamelia on 10/16/2012 4:50:59 PM

No!!! Obama did absolutely nothing for this country. He put us further into debt, raised very many unreasonable taxes and lied to all of the American citizens
He never lived up to any of his promises. He's all talk and no game. Besides, I'm republican!
And I live in a red state( where the majority is republican)

by louisianadiva4435 on 10/16/2012 4:47:21 PM

YAY!!!!!!
obama is awesome!!
just so all you romney fans know, obama raised taxes only because bush left him with a war!
also are guys really against gay and lesbian marriages? personally i dont think the government should care who is marrying who

by yoli on 10/16/2012 4:36:11 PM

I wish President Bush was still our prez. He was awesome!

by YouCanCallMeCat on 10/16/2012 4:25:46 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

by pottergirl317 on 10/16/2012 4:24:07 PM

WARNING: idon't think we should be voting for obama...he hasnt made the U.S any better..im praying Romney will win. thats just my opinion
VOTE ROMNEY

by kyra678 on 10/16/2012 4:15:53 PM

Ok here are my opinions:
Obamas a nice guy and all,but we have bad dept. We owe money to other countries and we're paying money to tv shows we dont even watch! So he plans to raise taxes!! Plus Biden who is going for obama is such a jerk, he kept lauging at paul ryan!!!! So these are just my opinions and there is a lot more i have to say but i will keep it in. BYE!

by sarahsprinkles265 on 10/16/2012 4:10:57 PM

WOOHOO VERY HAPPY!!Laughing YAY OBAMA

by Kalulah on 10/16/2012 4:03:59 PM

I hope Obama doesn't win. in my opinion, I think that we should at least try how Romney does. Obama made the debt even worse and I think that Romney's running mate can help alot with that.

by lemondancer18 on 10/16/2012 3:58:58 PM