2 HOURS AGO Hey fit chicks, say hello to your new favorite workout: http://t.co/GZ50ygVlNX

5 HOURS AGO Which character from @thegivermovie are you? Take the quiz and find out: http://t.co/V1rdFyMROQ

6 HOURS AGO The thigh gap thing has gone far enough #BodyPeace: http://t.co/9KEmVRd8uf

COMMENTS

Buh-bye, guy! 8 signs he's not worth your time

You’re crushing on the owner of the locker right next to yours and you’re dying to make a move, but before you make any hasty decisions check...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Hi! I have a science test coming up on Tuesday. Science is not my strong point, so I am so worried. I told my mom, and she said she's glad I told her, but I need to study a LOT. I am super worried! My teach said that I can take a re-take if I'm unhappy with my score, what should I DO?!?

Hey girl,

It's great that you have a retake option, because then you get a second chance! Try breaking up what you need to study into sections so that you can think about what you have to do and keep track of how much studying you've gotten done and need to do. Don't wait to study until the last minute, and make sure you study in a quiet room and eliminate distractions. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by WinnieGirlie on 10/20/2012 9:57:13 PM

im lazy when it comes to exercising. I really want to exercise but I'm always doing homework or i find my self distracted by the computer that by the time i realize i should exercise i wont have enough time. How should i find a way for me to start exercising? and what type of workouts do you recommend?

Hey girl,

It's really hard to find time to exercise sometimes, so try getting on a regular schedule of exercise that you follow each week. Once you're in the habit, it will be a lot easier! As for workouts, check out our workouts section for tons of ideas! http://www.girlslife.com/category/workouts.aspx

Meghan D.

by stars2010 on 10/20/2012 9:48:10 PM

Mod Mod Mod
kk I have a huge crush on this guy at my acting class that i go to every saturday. He's a good actor and has a great laugh. I want to get to know him but the problem is that im kinda shy around boys and he's just shy altogether and won't talk to anyone unless they talk to him. I kno we would be able to have a good conversation, and i dont kno y im scared to talk to him but i just am! i want to be friends with him tho. we look at each other a lot is this a good thing? and i think i recognize him from my soccer team cause i had to play on the boys team last fall [it's a long story sorry] so would a good way to start a conversation be "Hey, weren't u on my soccer team?" thanks Smile

Hey girl,

It's normal to be nervous around guys, but it's great that you think you two could have a conversation, so just introduce yourself to him and start talking! The soccer thing would be a good way to start a conversation, and you could also just make small talk about the acting class and what you like about it. Getting to know him as friends is a great idea--it might be scary at first, but just start talking to him and the conversation will flow naturally! For more tips on talking to guys, check out our Ice Breakers section. http://www.girlslife.com/category/ice-breakers.aspx

Meghan D.

by hermionegirl12 on 10/20/2012 9:41:22 PM

*Boy Problems ASAP*
Ever need someone 2 talk 2 but, your to afraid 2 ask your parents. It's OK just talk to me and I'll help you out ASAP!Please feel free 2 ask questions.Oh and remember the more people the BETTER!Ages 10-17 Join DA CLUB!!!!!!!

by AarynJ on 10/20/2012 8:13:27 PM

the middle 4 sound just like my ex bgf

by luvmonkey1313 on 10/20/2012 7:37:47 PM

I bit my nails A LOT. Is it a major turn off for guys? I do it so much I'm afraid that's why I'm single.

by itsjustgz on 10/20/2012 5:32:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I moved from California to Colorado about 8 months ago. I skipped from 5th to 6th grade and now I'm in 7th grade. I was pretty shy in K-6th grade, but now I've started to be ALOT more spunky and outgoing. However, now I hardly have any friends, I go to a Christian school, I've tried everything, Ive invited some girls over for a sleepover, I've tried starting conversations, I started Volleyball and Basketball (I LUV sports) nothing works, and I even talked to my mom about it 1 month ago, but she said that I have to go to school there till i graduate from 12th grade. Any advice?? Should I just go to a different school?? How should I tell my mom about it??
P.S.I think she knows I'm getting depressed, because after practice a few days ago, she was wondering if i was making friends well and all that

Hey! That's rough girl, I'm sorry you're having a hard time making friends. I've gone through that before. I think the most difficult thing about it is that after a certain amount of time, you're so focused on making a friend that it can be hard to act natural in social situations. I know it's hard, but the best thing you can do is just wait and be yourself. You will make friends when you least expect it, just by being you Smile

Helen S.

by Ash166 on 10/20/2012 4:28:22 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I just started ninth grade this year and its going great! But there is this 11th grader(Eric) in my school who is beyond gorgeous! Ever since Tuesday I've been noticing him staring at me. (In a good way)My best friend Harry says he thinks he likes me. But my other friend Maddie says he has an attitude problem. Whenever he's around me though he's really sweet and stuff. But we've never talked. Both of us are always surrounded by at least five friends. Everytime I have a chance to talk to him someting gets in the way. I'm also waiting for him to make the first move because I've liked 'older' guys before and I've told them but they gave me a hard time about it. I know how to ignore it but I'd rather stay away from the situation altogether. I've done things like walk in front of him to see if he would look and stuff like that but I want to talk to him. The only class we have together are Gym and Lunch. What should I do????

Hey! if you're always in group settings with him and you notice other side conversations going on take that opportunity to asking him what's going on with him. I find asking questions is the most natural way to keep a conversation going. good luck!

Helen S.

by Dylciara on 10/20/2012 4:17:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hello Smile This a really weird and random question to ask, but what you recommend the new iPad Mini or Kindle Fire? My Dad says for Christmas he would get me one of them but I can't decide!

hey! I guess it depends on price and which one you think looks nicer since they have a lot of the same capabilities. You can also search the web for user reviews Smile good luck!

Helen S.

by YouCanCallMeCat on 10/20/2012 2:44:16 PM

MOD MOOOD MOD MODMODMOD,OD PLEASE ANSWER THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I've given up on two guys, but there are two guys I still like and may like me. Only prob? They r in NONE OF MY CLASSES!!!!!!!!! Boy one has his locker next to mine, if I was a boy I'd be just like him we are SO alike, boy two says hi too me whenever he sees me and made the rock on sign to me yesterday. So with boy two should I just talk about our common interests? And what in the world should I talk to boy 2 about? Maybe soccer cuz he's really good and I just started? Thanks love you

Hey! I you guys have soccer in common that would be a good place to start. One natural way to keep a conversation flowing is to ask questions. maybe about his interests or weekend plans...just see how it goes Smile

Helen S.