11 HOURS AGO Really though, is there any better feeling than a fresh mani?

11 HOURS AGO That friend who never wants to hang < http://t.co/n4hMjie8rv

14 HOURS AGO DIY lip scrubs we heart: http://t.co/lSqLTWrTyL

COMMENTS

Buh-bye, guy! 8 signs he's not worth your time

You’re crushing on the owner of the locker right next to yours and you’re dying to make a move, but before you make any hasty decisions check...

MOD!
I'm friends with all guys in my school because a lot of the girls at school are hard to trust. Sometimes they can be catty too. Any tips on how to get a reliable girl friend?

Hey girlie, good girl friends are hard to find. Especially around middle school, girls can be really mean. But just keep looking. Get to know the girls at school and keep your guard up until you find some that you trust. The only way to find them is get to know the girls at school and weed out the bad ones.

Lauren T.

by rockerchic123456789 on 12/23/2012 5:06:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
So I like this guy--we'll call him A. I "went out" with A last year for about a month, but it wasn't that big of a deal and I didn't really talk to him for like two months after that. I was also kind of glad he broke up with me because one of my best friends-Z-has liked him on and off for a long time. I wouldn't even dare to even flirt with him if she talked to him, but she doesn't really because she is shy around him.
The thing is, I like him again and he likes me, but I don't want to cause another awkwardness between me and Z. She seems fine that we like the same guy, but I still feel like a terrible friend. I told her I wouldn't go out with A again, but we kind of have a thing. I told him we couldn't go out but that I like him, and how we are right now is basically the same thing as if we were going out. It's really hard for me to get over him because he is so sweet to me! Should I get over him or should I keep this "thing" between us?

Hey girlie. It's great your putting your friend first and taking her feelings into account. But it seems nothings gonna stop you and As feelins for eachother and if she's a good friend back, she'll be okay with it. Just make sure you are honest with her and tell her the truth so no one's feelings get hurt. You don't wanna hold back your feelings for A just because someone else likes him, even if it is your BFF. Just talk it out and I'm sure you'll be fine!

Jenn S.

by donuts99 on 12/6/2012 11:54:24 PM

MODMODMODSmile
so i kindasorta like this guy that sits next to me in a really boring class, and we were playing truth or dare together. after alot of dares i decided to mix it up and pick truth... so he asked me who i liked from the school. he kinda has a big mouth so i told him i couldnt say and used a chicken. after that he was upset and said he didnt wanna play anymore bcuz i was being stupid. what does that mean?

Hey girlie, it might mean that he was hoping you would say him. If it happens again just say his name and see how things play out. It sounds like he's interested in you, and he wants you to say that you like him too.

Lauren T.

by billabongbabe997 on 11/25/2012 5:38:12 PM

Okay so when I was back in 8th grade, I went to the 8th grade dance (for graduation) with my best guy friend who I like. I went to his house all dressed up for the dance and our moms were going picture crazy and stuff like that. My friend's mom said "You should send a picture to your dad" so his mom took a picture of us on his phone. I asked him to send it to me because I really liked it so he sent it to me AND his dad at the same time. When his dad replied to it, he must've clicked "Reply all" because I got his response too and it was just a ;) face. Yes, a winky face. And I know he is close to his dad so does that mean my friend likes me? We talk all the time but I moved away but we still talk and he is probably coming up here for winter break. I still really really like him. If he did like me then, is there a possibility he still does??

by pupz333 on 11/18/2012 8:44:56 PM

okay,i really like this guy in 8th but im only in 7th we were like hi-bye friends sometime back until we started texting.we didnt chat much n he takes alot of time to reply so i keep bugging him, coz, after all i cant wait!so whenever we talk, its like he doesnt seem very interested but he says that im sweet n comments about my new dp n stuff. we hardly ever talk in school, as i said, just hi n bye.he kinda ignores me sometimes but he says that after texting so much, we're close friends n he's made a huge promise of protecting me from a retard who likes me. i finally got the guts n told my crush that i like him. he said that he likes me as his SISTER!! i was like NO!! but we got over it. so for timpass we started playing somekingdom where i was princess n he chose to be prince(he says he doesnt CARE if it has to be marrying the princess) so i asked him for a chocy n he didnt give me one 2day n he was ignoring me ALOT! what should i do to figure out whether he actually likes me or not?

Hey sprinkles1206, I think you should back off just a little. You don't want to come on too strong. Imagine how you would react if a boy was always texting you and always talking to you and telling you how much he liked you. It would be a little too much right? So leave him alone for a while, still say hi and bye but leave it at that. And maybe he'll come around on his own. Hope this helps! Xox

Lynae P.

by sprinkles1206 on 11/4/2012 10:29:55 AM

Ok, so like there's this guy that I really like and were always passing notes in class. We have a lot of the same interests and he makes me laugh a lot! I can't tell if he likes me though. I mean, when I'm grabbing stuff from my locker he runs by me and kinda messes up my hair, he's always messing with me in a funny way. He also tells me which girls he likes and that he's gonna ask them out but I think he's trying to make me jealous.I get the feeling he likes me. I think that both of us don't want to make the first move but I'm scared to ask him out. Also, some girls already think were dating. What should I do?!

Hey girl,

It sounds like he's definitely flirting with you, but if he's talking about asking other girls out, he might not be ready for a relationship right now. Try getting to know him as friends outside of class, maybe by studying together or hanging out with your friends. If you build a strong relationship as friends, you'll be able to tell better whether or not he likes you. You could also ask him to dance with you next time your school has a dance--it's not asking him out, but it will still give you a chance to see his reaction (and to dance with him!).

Meghan D.

by BiancaFashionLover on 11/3/2012 11:37:02 PM

by sprinkles1206 on 11/3/2012 12:51:53 PM

Well I really like this guy at my school who supposedly thinks I'm pretty but he says he doesn't like me. but the guys in my class keep saying that he likes me, and he knows I like him. He told me to ask whoever I liked to the dance and I knew he was going with another girl so I said "aren't you going with someone?" And he started smiling and said "I knew it!" and said he wouldn't go to the dance with me but he would dance with me. So at the dance tonight he had been dancing with his date the whole time and then he came over and asked me to dance, and I was the only girl he asked other than his date. I caught him looking at me a few times but I'm afraid that he doesn't like me and he just asked me out of pity? Does it seem like he likes me? What should I do?

Hey girl,

I really can't tell if he likes you, though it does sound like he's definitely flirting. If he brings someone else to the dance, it would be rude of him to not spend most of the night with her, though if he asked you to dance he may be into you. If he knows you like him, I would see if he brings the topic up when you're talking and see how he acts around you. If he knows you like him, he will make a move if he likes you, too! And there's nothing wrong with asking him to dance with you next time you're at a dance.

Meghan D.

by Sunny79 on 10/26/2012 11:04:29 PM

I have a feeling this comment will show up before the mod one i posted a week ago...

by Danerka on 10/26/2012 5:48:52 PM

MODmodMOD
This guy who's in band with me asked for my number the other day. He texted me everyday since non-stop. He would say things like "I love your smile your so pretty" and stop by my locker every chance he gets. Well, he used to date this girl who I am friends with, and is in the color guard with me. I felt a little uncomfortable with him because they still kinda had a thing.
I found out at practice that he was still texting her and another girl that was still on the squad. I talked to the girl who used to date him, and she said he was basically texting her the same kind of stuff too.
What should I do? The girl who used to date him said she was going to talk to him, but I feel awkward and used.

Hey girl-

As much as it sucks, you gotta realize that any guy that's talking like that to multiple girls at one time, so isn't worth YOUR time. Let him know that you won't be treated like that and move on. There are plenty more fish in the sea to be waisting your time on someone who doesn't appreciate you!

Alexis G.

by orangeache on 10/25/2012 6:49:42 AM

MOD MOD MOD how do I know how much shampoo is enough? There are days when it's fine, but sometimes my hair ends up oily and gross after they day I shower! How can I figure out when I have enough shampoo for my hair?

Hey girl, my hair gets oily too if I don't wash my hair everyday regardless of how much shampoo I use. I think it's more or less just the natural oil in our hair builds up. To avoid, wash with a little bit of shampoo each day.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by PuppyCT on 10/22/2012 8:59:30 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!!! I have recently started to identify with myself as Questioning and I think I might be Bi. In the last couple of years I have started to think about girls almost in the same way as I do guys but I haven't had a crush on a girl before. I've never told anyone this before because I'm not sure how they would react. I'm 15. What do you think.

Hey girly, sexuality is a really complicated thing and some people believe that nobody is 100% attracted to one gender over the other. Things can get especially blurry and confusing during your teen years. You said your only crushing on guys, so go with that and flirt with cute guys and have fun! If you find yourself crushing on a girl one day, that's okay too. Don't worry about it now and just go with the flow and things might get more clear as you get older.

Lauren I.

by Ladyinlike on 10/22/2012 6:34:00 AM

I'm new at this,... What does MOD mean?

Hey Snickers737, MOD is short for Moderator. Moderators are girls like me who give you advice on any problems you may be having. So type MOD if you have any concerns or comments and you want our help. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Snickers737 on 10/21/2012 10:33:21 PM

MOD
So, I've liked this guy for a while now, and I'm not sure if he likes me back. When I first started liking him, he showed signs but he hasn't really "showed" me he likes me anymore, and I feel like I blew it. I feel like my friend may not want me to like him, but I have my reasons. I've been really bad with flirting and I'm not really the best at talking to people (especially guys) unless they're my closest friends. I want to find out if he likes me and show him I like him too. What should I do?

Hey girlie, you just have to try to spend more time with him and talk to him. Make sure that you're making eye contact, giving him your full attention and gently touch his arm as your talking. See if he treats you the same way. If he does, there's a good chance he might like you too.

Lauren T. Lynae P.

by sweetari95 on 10/21/2012 8:56:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD my current bf and i broke up almost a week ago, i'm not sorry we broke up, but i fall really hard really fast and have a hard time getting back up. i feel like i'll never find a good guy again, not just bf but even a bgf. i start up karate next week...how can i make a good guy friend through that? i have a ton of good guy friends through church, but they're all older than me and some i haven't seen in months. i'll be going to karate sometimes 5 or 6 times a week(i'm a black belt by the way, so how can i make a good impression right off the bat? most of the guys through karate that i've met are really nice(because of all the discipline and training). so i'd like to try there. how can i make a good impression? thanks!!

Hey girlie, just be confident in yourself. Guys find that really attractive. And since you're a black belt, you can do some subtle showing off to impress the guys there. Just talk to people and get to know them better.

Lauren T.

by karategirl78 on 10/21/2012 7:47:48 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD
I am totally head over heels for one of my best guy friends ever at my church! And I'm almost positive he is for me too. Well today he was just looking at me and so I asked him why he was staring at me and he said " I can't help it your just so pretty." the problem is me and him have the same group of friends and they are always teasing a us about it. I think he is afraid to ask me out because of this. How can I get my friends to get of our backs!

Hey girlie, the best you can do is tell your friends you don't like it when they tease you. And if that doesn't help anything just ignore them.

Lauren T.

by artistchic99 on 10/21/2012 5:42:15 PM

I like this guy. I'm pretty sure he likes me too. Definatley as a friend. He starts conversations JUST as often as I do, he BOTHERS ME LIKE 24/7. But im not the only one he bothers... He bothers one of my friends, and it makes me wonder who does he REALLY like? What should I do?

Hey littlepuppygirl, he could like both of you guys. Make it clear how you feel about him by flirting. Click these links for GL articles on flirting: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/12/27/Make-2012-your-year-to-have-a-BF.aspx

Hope these help! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Littlepuppygirl on 10/21/2012 11:34:58 AM

Ok,so,I like this guy.And I found out last night that he likes me.But,my friend said he is to shy to ask me out.What should I do?I just want to wait till Monday so we can talk in person,but everyone wants me to make the first move.So,should I wait,or should I make the move?

Hey mathgeek221, yeah wait until Monday to make your move. Talking to him face to face will be better anyway. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by mathgeek221 on 10/21/2012 10:20:29 AM

Mod mod mod mod mod I have a boy problem. There is this guy I have a crush on who I only really see during the summer. We go to acting camp together, which is only 1 week during the summer, and I have a major crush on him and I really like him. The problem is, I am literally only in the "initial crush" phase. I literally have not made a single move on him! I sent him a Facebook message saying "guess what the play is at my school this year?" (since it turned out to be the play we did at acting camp) but he didn't reply (I don't think he's been online). What should I do?? I really,really like him!!

Hey MusicIsLove123, all you can do is wait for him to message you back, after that take it from there. You could even invite him to the play and ask if he'd like to grab a bite to eat afterwards. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by MusicIsLove123 on 10/21/2012 10:14:18 AM

Mod,
How do I create a club?

Hey girl,

Go to this link and click on the "create your own club" button! http://www.girlslife.com/clubs.aspx

Meghan D.

by Chloe<3 on 10/20/2012 11:07:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Hi! I have a science test coming up on Tuesday. Science is not my strong point, so I am so worried. I told my mom, and she said she's glad I told her, but I need to study a LOT. I am super worried! My teach said that I can take a re-take if I'm unhappy with my score, what should I DO?!?

Hey girl,

It's great that you have a retake option, because then you get a second chance! Try breaking up what you need to study into sections so that you can think about what you have to do and keep track of how much studying you've gotten done and need to do. Don't wait to study until the last minute, and make sure you study in a quiet room and eliminate distractions. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by WinnieGirlie on 10/20/2012 9:57:13 PM

im lazy when it comes to exercising. I really want to exercise but I'm always doing homework or i find my self distracted by the computer that by the time i realize i should exercise i wont have enough time. How should i find a way for me to start exercising? and what type of workouts do you recommend?

Hey girl,

It's really hard to find time to exercise sometimes, so try getting on a regular schedule of exercise that you follow each week. Once you're in the habit, it will be a lot easier! As for workouts, check out our workouts section for tons of ideas! http://www.girlslife.com/category/workouts.aspx

Meghan D.

by stars2010 on 10/20/2012 9:48:10 PM

Mod Mod Mod
kk I have a huge crush on this guy at my acting class that i go to every saturday. He's a good actor and has a great laugh. I want to get to know him but the problem is that im kinda shy around boys and he's just shy altogether and won't talk to anyone unless they talk to him. I kno we would be able to have a good conversation, and i dont kno y im scared to talk to him but i just am! i want to be friends with him tho. we look at each other a lot is this a good thing? and i think i recognize him from my soccer team cause i had to play on the boys team last fall [it's a long story sorry] so would a good way to start a conversation be "Hey, weren't u on my soccer team?" thanks Smile

Hey girl,

It's normal to be nervous around guys, but it's great that you think you two could have a conversation, so just introduce yourself to him and start talking! The soccer thing would be a good way to start a conversation, and you could also just make small talk about the acting class and what you like about it. Getting to know him as friends is a great idea--it might be scary at first, but just start talking to him and the conversation will flow naturally! For more tips on talking to guys, check out our Ice Breakers section. http://www.girlslife.com/category/ice-breakers.aspx

Meghan D.

by hermionegirl12 on 10/20/2012 9:41:22 PM

*Boy Problems ASAP*
Ever need someone 2 talk 2 but, your to afraid 2 ask your parents. It's OK just talk to me and I'll help you out ASAP!Please feel free 2 ask questions.Oh and remember the more people the BETTER!Ages 10-17 Join DA CLUB!!!!!!!

by AarynJ on 10/20/2012 8:13:27 PM

the middle 4 sound just like my ex bgf

by luvmonkey1313 on 10/20/2012 7:37:47 PM

I bit my nails A LOT. Is it a major turn off for guys? I do it so much I'm afraid that's why I'm single.

by itsjustgz on 10/20/2012 5:32:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I moved from California to Colorado about 8 months ago. I skipped from 5th to 6th grade and now I'm in 7th grade. I was pretty shy in K-6th grade, but now I've started to be ALOT more spunky and outgoing. However, now I hardly have any friends, I go to a Christian school, I've tried everything, Ive invited some girls over for a sleepover, I've tried starting conversations, I started Volleyball and Basketball (I LUV sports) nothing works, and I even talked to my mom about it 1 month ago, but she said that I have to go to school there till i graduate from 12th grade. Any advice?? Should I just go to a different school?? How should I tell my mom about it??
P.S.I think she knows I'm getting depressed, because after practice a few days ago, she was wondering if i was making friends well and all that

Hey! That's rough girl, I'm sorry you're having a hard time making friends. I've gone through that before. I think the most difficult thing about it is that after a certain amount of time, you're so focused on making a friend that it can be hard to act natural in social situations. I know it's hard, but the best thing you can do is just wait and be yourself. You will make friends when you least expect it, just by being you Smile

Helen S.

by Ash166 on 10/20/2012 4:28:22 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I just started ninth grade this year and its going great! But there is this 11th grader(Eric) in my school who is beyond gorgeous! Ever since Tuesday I've been noticing him staring at me. (In a good way)My best friend Harry says he thinks he likes me. But my other friend Maddie says he has an attitude problem. Whenever he's around me though he's really sweet and stuff. But we've never talked. Both of us are always surrounded by at least five friends. Everytime I have a chance to talk to him someting gets in the way. I'm also waiting for him to make the first move because I've liked 'older' guys before and I've told them but they gave me a hard time about it. I know how to ignore it but I'd rather stay away from the situation altogether. I've done things like walk in front of him to see if he would look and stuff like that but I want to talk to him. The only class we have together are Gym and Lunch. What should I do????

Hey! if you're always in group settings with him and you notice other side conversations going on take that opportunity to asking him what's going on with him. I find asking questions is the most natural way to keep a conversation going. good luck!

Helen S.

by Dylciara on 10/20/2012 4:17:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hello Smile This a really weird and random question to ask, but what you recommend the new iPad Mini or Kindle Fire? My Dad says for Christmas he would get me one of them but I can't decide!

hey! I guess it depends on price and which one you think looks nicer since they have a lot of the same capabilities. You can also search the web for user reviews Smile good luck!

Helen S.

by YouCanCallMeCat on 10/20/2012 2:44:16 PM

MOD MOOOD MOD MODMODMOD,OD PLEASE ANSWER THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I've given up on two guys, but there are two guys I still like and may like me. Only prob? They r in NONE OF MY CLASSES!!!!!!!!! Boy one has his locker next to mine, if I was a boy I'd be just like him we are SO alike, boy two says hi too me whenever he sees me and made the rock on sign to me yesterday. So with boy two should I just talk about our common interests? And what in the world should I talk to boy 2 about? Maybe soccer cuz he's really good and I just started? Thanks love you

Hey! I you guys have soccer in common that would be a good place to start. One natural way to keep a conversation flowing is to ask questions. maybe about his interests or weekend plans...just see how it goes Smile

Helen S.

by puddinface7 on 10/20/2012 2:23:30 PM

Thanks Helen S. Smile i appreciate your advice.

Smile Anytime, girl!

Helen S.

by Icecreamluver on 10/20/2012 1:47:15 PM

mod
but if i wear the white sweater what color of shoes should i wear?
(I don't have white shoes except for sandals)

Hey! go with the black shoes; they're a safe bet since they go with everything Smile

Helen S.

by Icecreamluver on 10/20/2012 1:41:49 PM

mod mod mod mod mod
(please don't send me a stock message)
1.)i don't get it. y do same grls evry year get asked 2 homecming? and y do guys have 2 have a fling w/ a grl 4 guys 2 ask her?
2.)i have a crush on this guy and evry day 4 the past 2 months ive been trying to say hi but i can nevr bring myself to do it. n then i get upset b/c i couldn't. wat should i do? how do i fix this problem?

Hey! For many girls, I think talking to boys can be an issue of self-confidence. You may feel like you don't know how the guy will react to you, and that's normal to be nervous about. The way to fix it is to stop worrying about what he'll think. It's easier said than done, and sometimes can take years to build that kind of self esteem, and if it's something you struggle with, it won't happen overnight. The good news is, you are in control of how you see yourself and with enough patience and practice you can decide to choose confidence over fear against all odds Smile

Helen S.

by Icecreamluver on 10/20/2012 1:21:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
i need some fashion advice 4 homecoming. so pleaseeeeee answer. k so i have this blue greyish silky dress w/ flowers on it (from Younkers) and was thinking i need 2 wear a black sweater w/ it b/c white's 2 bright 4 fall. but the thing is i was going 2 wear black shoes w/ them but the problem is black and blue don't go good together, or do they?i really don't want 2 buy a new sweater and it would take me forever 2 find shoes in the shade of blue the dress is, any advice?

Hey! in my opinion not wearing white in the fall is kind of a dated fashion rule. I think it's fine and even refreshing to see a white pop or accessory in a sea of muted neutrals. If you still want to wear the sweater, that's fine. I don't think black and blue clash unless it's such a dark blue that it almost looks black. good luck!

Helen S.

by Icecreamluver on 10/20/2012 1:11:21 PM

That is killer advice! The guy SHOULD make the girl, and vice versa, smile!

by Gabriella123 on 10/20/2012 8:40:30 AM