10 HOURS AGO November's almost over... How's your #NaNoWriMo novel coming?

12 HOURS AGO What lip color should you *really* be wearing?

13 HOURS AGO Uh-oh, are you using the wrong type of brush? Find out here:

Group project survival guide

Whether you’re working on something as big as a science fair project or as small as a first-day get-to-know-you activity, it’s always tough to work with someone...

Hey there, not sure where to add this, but here looks good. I'm in college planning to be a middle school science teacher (yes I still love this magazine to death), and I'd really love to ask any of you: what do you want in a science teacher? Do you have advice for me from the view of a fifth, sixth, seventh, or eighth grader? What do you want a young, future science teacher to know?

by taylor22742 on 2/27/2013 8:13:51 PM

I was just wondering on some ways to keep my focus in class (ex:Geometry) and also how can i keep my grades up and also have a social life and have fun too? ThanksSmile

Hey girl, try sitting up in the front. That always makes everyone pay attention! You have to use your time wisely in order to have enough study time and hang time. Try keeping a schedule. For example, when you come home from school give yourself enough time to study, eat, etc (put all electronics, social medias away) and only concentrate on school. Then give yourself enough time for hang out time too. Do the same type of schedule for the weekends. It will help a bunch!

lauren r.

by niccer13 on 1/26/2013 10:04:07 AM

Mod mod mod mod modmodmod
Hi, me again I was just wondering do you have any thing on being the new girl in a new school..... It would help a lot! Thanks in advance! Smile

Hey girl,

Being the new girl can be quite daunting, but it helps to be confident in who you are. Be yourself and don't be afraid to walk up to people and introduce yourself!

Alexis G.

by Wishing13 on 1/22/2013 9:50:38 AM

I literally hold my breath when my teacher announces the people in the group. You see, my teacher is REALLY TOUGH, she gets really mad over little things and overreacts alot, sooo... If my group doesn't focus and do like, perfect, she tells us to go to the office or out in the hall.
Thanks for the tips, I'll try to use them =)

by Legenddreamer on 11/7/2012 12:03:53 AM

I have had many issues when teacher assigns the groups because I get stuck in the leadership role with all last minute guys, like are video games more important than this?

by dancer1414:) on 10/30/2012 6:29:01 PM

Group projects can be so awesome if say your crush is in your group..but they can also make for lots of drama and issues. I always like hold my breath when teachers announce they're assigning Thanks for the awesome article GL!<3

by maggie183 on 10/21/2012 5:29:39 PM

♥ Hi chicas! ♥

In my club, Everything Girlie, we talk about everything! You can ask advice, how to's, fashion, and literally everything else!

The reason this club is great to join is because it's fun, and you can talk about anything. I hope you join Everything Girlie! If you'd like to apply for a job, right now, all of them are open!

★Thanks for reading!★ XOXO, WinnieGirlie

by WinnieGirlie on 10/21/2012 10:28:18 AM

Cool! Thanks for the advice! (I really need it)

by Gabriella123 on 10/19/2012 11:51:37 PM

Im 12 and REALLY involved in Volleyball and Basketball. I kinda eat healthy sometimes and I weigh around 115-130 pounds. Is that a healthy weight? If not, any ideas on how to get rid of some pounds?

Hey girl,

Your level of a healthy weight depends on your age and height, so I can't say whether that's healthy or not, but if you're exercising regularly and eating a healthy diet, you are probably fine unless your doctor has told you otherwise! Don't be so hard on yourself--just keep eating healthy and exercising! If you do want new exercise ideas, check out our workouts page for tons of great tips.

Meghan D.

by Ash166 on 10/19/2012 6:58:47 PM

I'm not a leader-type person but if my group is being totally quiet, I always try to initiate things and get things going even though I'm kinda shy myself.

Depending on the class I'm in, I might be leader or I'll be a contributor. But I always contribute, no matter what. I'd rather be the person who does all the work than the person who does none of it.

by NJessicaN on 10/18/2012 11:32:47 PM

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?