1 HOURS AGO The Radio Disney Music Awards are next week! Get ready with @olivia_holt, @PeytonList & @SpencerBoldman: http://t.co/XT42Ztqijs

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 5 chicas will nab a Push-Up Brow Highlighting Pencil from @boomboombrowbar: http://t.co/7wPg5Wdm5X

3 HOURS AGO Happy Easter, babes! Check out these fun 'n' festive activities to celebrate the holiday: http://t.co/fXs86eyueF

COMMENTS

The ABC's of lovin' your bod--and yourself

OK, babes, it’s time to reboot our body image. We’re tired of the trash talk and all the focus on flaws instead of fabulous features. Girls are...

Want another way to work out if you are super, super busy? Play your favorite songs and dance your heart out! <3

by sammie3381 on 4/12/2013 10:44:55 PM

I love my body, but it took me a long time to feel that way. I used to think that I was fat. In reality, I have curves. That doesn't make me fat. I am actually quite thin. Society has caused serious body image issues in many girls. If you don't believe me, think about this: there are plus-sized models who are a size 6. If society's image of women was different, then less girls would feel bad about their bodies.

by lissau2737 on 11/5/2012 6:01:05 PM

My favorite thing is my eyes, they are a cross between green and brown Smile

by IzzyBelly on 10/26/2012 11:04:11 PM

Mod mod mod
I'm a really curvy girl. I'm kind of insecure and I never know what to wear. My clothes like my dark jeans seam to high lite my curves. This is also strange because I have a skinny waist and big thighs.

Hey Lovekatniss23, you have a great shape girl, no need to feel insecure. Skinny jeans, crop tops, form fitting dresses(sweater dresses for winter) and high waist bottoms will look great on you. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Lovekatniss23 on 10/21/2012 9:25:00 PM

Mod mod mod !!
Hi how can i loose belly fat asap?
Will this workk??
Walk about 6miles a couple o times a week?? And what should i eat
Since i am not allowed to eat what i want for
Dinner. I have to eat what my mom makes which is very
Unhealthy like mac and cheese and hot dags all
The time. But she doesnt let me help or let me make dinner.
What to do??
Thanks!!

Hey girlie, losing belly fat is a slow process that requires a lot of discipline and hard work. You'll have to really pay attention to what you're eating and how much you're eating. Mac and cheese and hot dogs aren't awful for you as long as you're not eating large portions. You also need to do cardio workouts (walking is great!) 3-5 days a week. Distance isn't as important as long as you're breaking a sweat and pushing yourself. Talk to your mom about wanting to eat healthier. Look together to find healthy and quick meals that your family will enjoy.

Lauren T.

by Sunny4132 on 10/21/2012 6:04:59 PM

♥ Hi chicas! ♥

In my club, Everything Girlie, we talk about everything! You can ask advice, how to's, fashion, and literally everything else!

The reason this club is great to join is because it's fun, and you can talk about anything. I hope you join Everything Girlie! If you'd like to apply for a job, right now, all of them are open!

★Thanks for reading!★ XOXO, WinnieGirlie

by WinnieGirlie on 10/21/2012 10:25:42 AM

DO U LOVE MAXIMUM RIDE? Join my "Maximum Ride <3" club today for the latest news and James Patterson books! Thanks and welcome to the flockSmile

by myfatsquirrel on 10/21/2012 1:44:35 AM

ok i really dont wanna sound braggy but friends r always telling me how great i am and how they cant be like me, and it makes me upset cuz im not perfect and they r sooo great 2. But every time they say this all i can do is say yeah right then change the subject. How do i bring out their great points and make them feel good

Hey girl,

Try complimenting your friends when they do something well, like score a goal at a soccer game or get an A on a test. Tell them their clothes or hair look good if they do, and try complimenting them on little things so they realize how many great qualities they have!

Meghan D.

by augurly on 10/20/2012 10:19:15 PM

mod mod mod
i have really thick frizzy dark hair. do u kno any way to smooth it out and make it less frizzy? thanx

Hey girl,

Check out this post about getting rid of frizz! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/02/22/How-to-fight-frizz.aspx

Meghan D.

by enriquette96 on 10/20/2012 12:40:43 AM

mdoderator!
i need to get rid of ALL the hair down there, it's quite thick but i do not want to wax, is it safe to use nair? or any other products that you can think of or should i just shave, also if i shave how do i avoid ingrown hairs?

Hey girl,

I would trim with a scissors before using nair or shaving if it's thick. Try shaving in the direction of the hair growth to avoid cuts and ingrown hair.

Meghan D.

by cats42 on 10/19/2012 8:46:03 PM

mod mod mod mod mod
i need some fashion advice 4 homecoming: please answer i don't wanna look bad.
k so i have this blueish greyish silky (from Younkers) homecoming dress and i need to wear a sweater with it, the problem? i need to wear a black sweater b/c whites too bright 4 autumn, but i don't wanna wear black shoes b/c black and blue look bad together. so my question is, what color of shoes, and what should i do with my medium length brown hair?

Hey girl,

I think black shoes sound fine! You could also wear colored or gray flats, or a colored sweater. As for your hair, check out our beauty section for TONS of great tips. Have fun at homecoming! http://www.girlslife.com/category/hair-styles.aspx

Meghan D.

by Icecreamluver on 10/19/2012 8:02:39 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
please answer
1.)i don't get. can you explain this to me: Why r the same grls evry year asked 2 homecming? N y do guys have 2 have a fling w/ a grl for him 2 ask her?
2.)do guys evr grow up? i'm a sophomore, but y r guys soo cocky, it's rlly annoying.
3.)i like this guy (he's not cocky or immature) and i try 2 say hi evry day, but i cant bring myself to do it but i rlly want 2. any tips?

Hey girl,

Ah, if only guys weren't so confusing! While it seems like they may be shallow now, boys will mature eventually and realize there are great things about all different kinds of girls. Instead of just saying hi, why not introduce yourself to this guy and start a conversation about school? You can get to know him as friends in a casual setting and it will be less intimidating. Check out our ice breakers page for tons of great ideas on talking to guys. http://www.girlslife.com/category/ice-breakers.aspx

Meghan D.

by Icecreamluver on 10/19/2012 7:50:20 PM

I love girls life it gives really great tips,for every situation

by Daniellesoccer88 on 10/19/2012 7:20:14 PM

modmodmod
I am very very very ugly. Whenever i look in the mirror, i think, "I am the ugliest girl". I have a bad case of acne, and i have nerdy glasses. Once someone said that I was ugly, I felt so sad that day. Is there anyway for me to be pretty?
also,I am not allowed to wear makeup Frown

Hey girly, first of all, ya gotta stop putting yourself down. Instead of focusing on the little things you don't like about yourself, focus on all the things that make you totally amazing. It might help to make a list. Write down things both physical and non-physical so that you have a list of ways your beautiful on the inside and on the outside. Read that list whenever your feeling blue to help lift you up. Confidence is a very attractive quality and the more you have, the more you'll feel pretty! And as for that mean person that called you ugly; he or she is the ugly one for saying something so mean to somebody else. You don't deserve to be treated like that.

Now for the acne, a lot of people suffer from it and I know its tough. Try talking to a parent about taking a trip to the dermatologist (skin doctor). He or she might have some tips and special meds you can try. As for makeup, sit down your with your parents and calmly (no whining!) ask if you can wear coverup on your face. Explain how self-conscious you feel about your acne and  that you just want to cover it up so you can feel better about yourself. Ask them what their concerns are and see if you can make them feel better about them. Maybe your parents would feel better if they helped pick out the cover-up you want to buy or maybe they can approve your makeup before you leave the house. I hope you guys can come up with a compromise. And finally, some acne-fighting tips! Keep fingers, hair and hair products away from your face. Wash your pillowcase regularly and wash your face every day. I use neutrogena. hope this helps! I think your awesome and GL wishes you the best <3 xoxo

Lauren I.

by kkbarbie on 10/19/2012 2:20:31 PM

Ah yes, flaunt what you got. Don't cover it up. I don't remember being told that flaunting my acne off was a good thing. I definitely will be covering this up.

by HannahJL on 10/19/2012 12:14:29 AM

DO U NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO? DO U JUST NEED TO VENT? Check out my advice queen page and become a fan! I'm full of tips and I don't judge anyone. I'm on every day! Thanks <3

by myfatsquirrel on 10/18/2012 10:26:27 PM

Moderator! @Lynae P.
What do I do after he kisses me so it won't be awkward?

Hey Kikikim8, you can hug him or wrap his arms around you. Smile

Lynae P.

by Kikikim8 on 10/18/2012 10:23:16 PM

Moderator!
I want to kiss my boyfriend. I do, but he thinks I'm experienced. We were really close when we weren't dating, and we're still the same. How do you kiss a boy? He's about 5 inches taller than me, so yeah. And what do you do after a kiss? To make it not awkward?

Hey Kikim8, I know you're worried about kissing, and you'll probably roll your eyes when I say this, but it comes naturally. When you are in the moment your body will tell you what to do. Close your eyes and follow his lead. Trust me girl. I was really scared too but once I relaxed and enjoyed being in the moment with him everything went great. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Kikikim8 on 10/18/2012 10:08:49 PM

I love my bod and myself because I was made to be me, and no one else, so there is no point feeling bad about myself because I am me, and that is all there is to it.

by otter77 on 10/18/2012 6:51:11 PM

Wow these are great tips Smile When my friends look at them selfs in the mirror and complain about them self, I just say don't say that about yourself and move on. It works Smile

by YouCanCallMeCat on 10/18/2012 4:39:29 PM