3 HOURS AGO From patient princess to spoiled brat, how demanding are you? Take the #quiz and see: http://t.co/esCqSBDnyT

4 HOURS AGO "My girls say he's a cheater...should I believe them?" http://t.co/rnIcn2ddgJ

5 HOURS AGO #tbt to that time we had an ice cream + gossip sesh with @rydelR5 // #r5family #r5 pic.twitter.com/KXTAl9aBVa

COMMENTS

Will the next president give bad teachers the boot?

Ever have a really bad teacher? Imagine if that teacher was given the opportunity to teach at your school permanently. Don’t worry, President Obama and Mitt Romney...

hey yallSmile need any advice?? come be a fan of my advice queen pg. i will help you i promice i will try Smile see ya

by katymarielove on 11/7/2012 3:38:29 PM

my mom is a rly great teacher! i hope she gets tunure!

by fearless;) on 11/4/2012 5:21:25 PM

Teachers are so important. We need to have very good teachers to help us learn and be competitive so we can get a good job someday.

by fashionqn on 11/2/2012 6:11:38 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
One of my friends is really sweet, but sometimes she influnences me - in a BAD way. She's always trying to pass notes and stuff. I don't want to hurt her feelings, but we already got in trouble for passing notes once, and I don't want to again. Help!!!!

Hey girlie, just tell pull your friend aside before class and tell her that you don't want to pass notes since you got in trouble last time. She should understand. If she does try to pass a note to you in class, just don't participate. No one can make you do anything that you don't want to do. So be responsible and ignore her note and don't write her any. Good luck!

Lauren I.

by Sarah510 on 11/2/2012 6:58:05 AM

So at the last school dance i slow danced with one of my best guy friends. It was so nice ive always had a little crush on him. I decided i was going to ask him out because i am 99.9% sure he will say yes. Yesterday when i was suposed to ask him out i kind of chickened out and the only one who knew what i was supposed to do was my friend. Lets call my friend "maddie". Well "maddie" told her friend (whos not really my friend) "rachel" that i was going to ask out my guyfriend. Now "rachel" has liked my guyfriend for about a year now and she got really upset with me and told me i better not date,slow dance, flirt, or even talk to him again. The problem is my guyfriend has told me he dosnt like her..."rachel" isnt my friend but i dont want to get her angry but i really like my guyfriend and everyone kept saying how cute of a couple wed be when we danced. Please help mod.

Hey quahaugs, you can't worry about "Rachel". For one who is she to tell you who you can and cannot date? You didn't demand she not talk to your guy friend so why should she of you? I think you should continue pursuing your male friend, especially since he isn't attracted to her. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by quahaugs on 11/1/2012 9:51:17 PM

Tenure is a GREAT thing, if it goes to the right person. Here's the thing guys, schools don't want tenure anymore because that means they have to pay that teacher more money (since they have been teaching a long time). By getting rid of tenure, schools can hire "cheap" teachers (fresh out of college) and fire "expensive" (experienced) teachers. I do not like knowing that now that my mom doesn't have tenure, she can be fired for being too expensive to pay. Tenure is very important!

by gigglez77 on 11/1/2012 8:08:20 PM

That's a really good idea! My Spanish teacher didn't teach me anything, she literally gave us coloring sheets and sent us on our way. So now that I'm in highschool, I'm failing spanish because my old teacher taught us nothing.

by uni301 on 11/1/2012 7:15:06 PM

I think it's a good thing, but the students should agree if they're going to fire a teacher. i mean, they're the ones being taught! geez PLEASE get rid of my spanish teacher!

by myfatsquirrel on 11/1/2012 7:07:05 PM

Tenure is okay, but I do agree that it can be bad. I think it should only be given to teachers who have been supervised, are liked by a lot of the kids, and just overall really good with educating kids. If a teacher is just given tenure and isn't that good, I think that's a problem. But if the teacher is supervised and has really been thought over about giving them tenure, I think it would be perfectly fine.

by LovePeaceHope on 11/1/2012 6:02:05 PM

I am not a fan of tenure if it is just given, not rewarded. I HAVE a bad teacher and though I know he tries and means well,he just recieved tenure this year so no matter how my classmates plea we can't get rid of him. I think there should be programs to help teachers improve and recognize the teachers that don't work. I also believe Michelle Rhee was on to something when she suggested that Washington D.C. teachers instead of recieve tenure recieve a pay of $150,000. It was quickly shut down. Schools are for the students and though teachers are important, what schools were created for is for the benefit of the students. I could really talk forever about education and teachers and students.

by realchk on 11/1/2012 5:34:08 PM

Well it is a good idea IF you aren't learning anything but I think teens think teachers are bad for all kinds of reasons. So this is saying to me that just because there is one thing wrong with a teacher they may no longer have a job. Isn't unemployment an issue in the country. My dad is a high school teacher and he isn't the favorite of many but he can help better than any other teacher.

by kenziebieber7 on 11/1/2012 4:36:19 PM

I am a fan of tenure. My dad is a teacher and he has tenure. He is an excellent teacher. Although tenure can keep bad teachers employed, it is more beneficial than negative. Tenure was originally introduced as a way to protect professors from being fired for political reasons. My dad is a biology teacher and teaches evolution. Without tenure, a creationist superintendent could fire him in favor of a teacher that would teach creationism. (Where I live, it is legal to teach creation myths in the science classroom.)

Tenure protects teachers and also makes more people teach. Teachers do not get paid a lot, but the job security makes it an equal trade-off. Without tenure teachers would not make much and have poor job security. Less people would aspire to teach.

by infinitepineapples on 11/1/2012 4:18:10 PM

@briannam911

I think that's sorta the point... remember, the article is on BAD teachers?

by lauren330 on 11/1/2012 12:42:15 PM

That's the point, they are stressing that the teacher in the picture is a bad teacher.

~Elizabeth