3 HOURS AGO Why you should be rockin' a super cute sun hat this season: http://t.co/6iUJMHrLzm

6 HOURS AGO Don't worry; shaving your arms will not make your hair grow back like a sasquach: http://t.co/xbnHVhvheI

7 HOURS AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

COMMENTS

Rule your school! 8 steps to self confidence

Your teacher is calling on people at random, that cutie might actually be looking in your direction and you already got the last three problems wrong. Don’t...

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I remarry need help. The end of the year dance is coming up and I want to ask my crush. I'm really nervous he might say no. Then as 8th graders, we have to walk down the "blue carpet" and answer a couple of questions. I already get nervous just reading in class out loud, much less answering questions in front of the WHOLE middle school. I'm sooo scared. Please help me through this!

Hey kct1999, well remember a no is just a word. If he does reject you, it won't be the end of the world. So keep that in mind as you work on being confident in approaching him. For walking down the blue carpet, you won't be the only one. Think of all your classmates who will be in front and behind you. Did you ever think they'd be nervous? Who are some of your favorite celebrities? Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by kct1999 on 4/16/2013 8:31:56 PM

Ok, my reading teacher always call out people so we can say what we read. Every time she calls on me I get scared because my crush is in that class. So I tried to dress to success. Also I go over my work because I don't want to look dumb in front of him.

by Lilmizzswager on 4/14/2013 10:23:33 PM

There are some students in my classes that talk a lot and during school. One of my teachers uses me as an example and points out how Im not talking and tells the other kids how well behaved I am and it can be really embarassing.

by Kara02 on 3/27/2013 11:07:00 PM

I set a goal for myself this year to make a lot of new friends at school. Ive been talking to some new people but I havent made any real friends this year. Im also a little shy at school and I dont know how to just start talking to people. Ive tried asking questions and starting conversations in class but then I dont know how become real friends with someone. How can I do it?

by Kara02 on 3/27/2013 11:02:05 PM

The dress for success thing really does work. When I'm wearing one of my favorite outfits, I find myself skipping around class and i feel like i can do anything.

by goldforever on 3/18/2013 5:28:51 PM

Ok so I have had a crush on this guy since the end of last school year, and I'm afraid that I will do something really stupid in front of him and he will think that I'm weird. And I'm pretty sure that he already thinks I'm weird. How in his eyes could I be "un-weirdified"?

by a_brickr21 on 2/14/2013 11:07:35 PM

Hey im really shy in class sometimes when it comes to answering questions and i dont know what to do ive tried doing a lot of things and it didnt work can you help me plz

Hey girlie,

If you have trouble participating in class discussions, maybe you could think of a few things you want to say in class the night before and have them ready. And don't worry about getting an answer wrong--you're there to learn! What's important is that you try and pay attention, and your teacher will notice your effort. If you're still feeling shy, you could talk to your teacher after class and ask how you could participate more.
Meghan D.

by alliyah11 on 1/28/2013 4:57:26 PM

MOD MOD
Hey, so I started high school this year, i go to an all girl school (theres an all boys school across the street) and its fine, but I don't really feel very happy. I have some really close friends from grade school, but I feel like I need to make more friends. I'm very talkative with my group of friends, but when it comes to others, I'm shy and I don't like to draw attention to myself. I play basketball and I made friends there, and in my classes I've made friends, but there are so many people out there, and I feel like I'm missing out. But whenever I try to talk to new people I feel like they don't care much, or don't really want to be my friend. And I'm constantly worried about what others think of me. Do you have any advice on how to make more friends, or how to stop caring so much about what others think of me, and just talk to people? I would really appreciate help, thanks in advance!

Hey girlie,

It's great that you've gotten to know some new friends in your classes and basketball! Having a group of friends that you're close with is more important than knowing everyone at your school! You don't have to try to get to know everyone--if some people don't have the same interests as you and don't want to talk to you, they're not worth your time and worrying about, so focus on getting to know the girls you connect with better instead of trying to please everyone! You will be much happier and find closer relationships with the girls who care about you Smile

Meghan D.

by ibleedblue on 1/19/2013 11:19:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My family isn't doing very well. We can't afford to buy extravagances like new clothes. Pretty much all the clothes I have in my closet are t-shirts and sweatpants. And when I go to a thrift store to get new stuff, nothing fits. How can I make myself look less like a slob in the clothes I have?

Hey girl,

Experiment with all the things in your closet, make a day of it! Try belting tees or rolling pant legs-- layering different pieces to create a different look. You probably have a ton of different outfits just sitting in your closet waiting for you to discover them! xoxo

Alexis G.

by hbmsbraceface on 1/17/2013 3:55:34 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I just started college last September and I'm REALLY lonely. I missed out on a lot of opportunities to meet people during the first few months because I am a theatre major and was always in rehearsals for my fall production. I feel that I have very few friends here but I am also really shy and have a hard time making friends because I feel super nervous and anxious around people I don't know. I am tired of spending time alone in my room but I don't know what to do to fix this! Help!

Hey girlie, join organizations! Your school will probably have a spring organization fair that you can go to to learn more about different organizations on campus and how you can get involved. If not, look at organizations on your school's website and e-mail the presidents of organizations you're interested in to ask about getting involved. It's a great way to meet new people and get out of your room!

Lauren T.