17 MINUTES AGO Why using dryer sheets could be a health risk 😷:http://t.co/5YY4YXjU6ww

3 HOURS AGO Forget whatcha heard! Gingers do, indeed, have souls: http://t.co/00mxgpFRev

4 HOURS AGO Is Lauren from @FifthHarmony chick secretly dating a member of @TheVampsband? http://t.co/YDLnDrNTIm #harmonizers

COMMENTS

Hey, Mr. President! Let's talk about sex

Let’s be honest: Sex ed is seriously awkward…but it’s also seriously necessary. This year, sex education is standardized across the U.S.—kids from Maine to California are learning...

obama is smart.we need kids to know about contraception as well as abstinence.some couples who commit to abstinence will break the habit, so they should also learn about contraception

by ashbabe567765 on 11/7/2012 1:27:53 AM

Obama's points make more sense. teach them of the consequences of not abstaining instead of just saying obtain. If people to don't like that they should have the choice to opt out.

by bloop116 on 11/4/2012 12:45:58 AM

Really? Well, they should still teach kids about avoiding these situations. I don't think they should be taught to young ages though. 5th grade is probably the best time to start disscussing this topic. Also, parents should choose an appropriate time to talk about what it is and how you could avoid being pressured to do it.

by wesdelwarrior on 11/3/2012 8:10:40 PM

Wow, I never heard about schools showing what some people are talking about but I know there is a difference. I also know from reading online that a lot of european countries who have much lower teen birth rates than ours also show very explicit things in their sex ed classes. They show the complete naked body thing starting in middle school, so just showing things doesnt mean you are going to start having sex.

A real good place to get teen information online is from "Embarrassing Bodies", its for teens and it goes into a lot about what we deal with and want to know about. And a lot of teens I know are non-virgins already and just need to know certain things.

by fashionqn on 11/2/2012 6:22:46 PM

I agree with Imura all the way. I also though, do not believe in contraceptives. Sex is not something for people to fool around with. In fact, it's only intention is to CREATE CHILDREN, so unless your goal is to have a baby, don't do it. So for those who are still going to do it, it's not the government, school, or anyone else's job to give them contraceptives and basically give in to the opinion, "They're going to do it, we might as well teach them how to prevent children while they're at it" I'm sorry, it's wrong.

by Kstar101 on 11/2/2012 3:32:37 PM

Sex ed is important, and no matter how you go about teaching it, there's always one in every crowd who is going to do what people advise them not to do. So neither way is going to solve the problem, although abstinence is the way to go as far as I'm concerened.

by LRM15 on 11/2/2012 3:03:06 PM

If you are not in a position to raise a child like a responsible adult (I mean having a job, money, and shelter), then you have no business whatsoever engaging in adult activities. It is entirely selfish when one puts their own pleasures above the prospect of not being able to care for their potential offspring. I was an agnostic for years when I realized this, so I can say with confidence that my opinion has nothing to do with religion.

by Imura on 11/2/2012 9:36:26 AM

There is no such thing as safe sex!

So?!?

by monopolyandpenny2000 on 11/2/2012 8:44:14 AM

I totally agree with President Obama! Teens are going to have sex no matter what so we should at least teach them abut contraceptives. I know a ton of girls at my school who aren't virgins so this would really benefit them. Also this article wasn't biased. The author posted facts. Everyone has to take a seat and live with it. And to everyone saying that they are teaching sex to kindergarteners they do not! They teach them how to be a good friend and what to do if you're uncomfortable with something. Nothing more and nothing controversial. Peace Girlies!

by Anabanana<3 on 11/1/2012 10:45:23 PM

I agree with LovePeaceHope. madlizz, I have no idea what kind of a sick school shows stuff like that to kindergarteners, but where did you even get that information? And, if you have something against kids, who might be gay, learning about homosexuality, you need to grow up. I feel sex education should be taught so kids and teens aren't careless with their bodies.

by litmarvel on 11/1/2012 10:32:32 PM