8 HOURS AGO Skip the scars and heal your skin: http://t.co/oZ1zJSC0Wc

11 HOURS AGO Sleeping with makeup on? Talk about a big beauty no-no: http://t.co/dS4jko36NM

12 HOURS AGO The easiest move for totally toned thighs: http://t.co/Anf69Zawxq

COMMENTS

Hey, Mr. President! Let's talk about sex

Let’s be honest: Sex ed is seriously awkward…but it’s also seriously necessary. This year, sex education is standardized across the U.S.—kids from Maine to California are learning...

I sense a slight bias in this article....

by adrienne224 on 11/1/2012 10:01:05 PM

Romney is right! If you teach people about how to get abortions, or how to use condoms, it seems like you are encouraging them to do it, but safely! YUCK! If they do it and get pregnant, it's their fault, and they need to face the consequences!

by iluvuso on 11/1/2012 9:42:58 PM

I agree with Obama, kids will find out about sex anyway and will get curious, so better for them to learn at school, which should also prevent more teen pregnancies.

by savethefrogs on 11/1/2012 8:27:48 PM

@madlizz They don't show that stuff to kindergartners, and I'm sorry if whatever crazy school you go to shows a mom and her SON having sex does, but I think you should consider calling the police on them. I mean, please! Where are you getting this information? They don't show kindergartners that sort of stuff. They may teach those small kids a little stuff, but they don't go all out and show them PICTURES! And there is NOTHING wrong with kids learning about gay couples. And I'm sorry if you're scared of homosexual couples and are homophobic, but that is not at all a bad thing, and you should really grow and learn to accept people for who they are.

by LovePeaceHope on 11/1/2012 6:15:34 PM

Don't you guys know what they teach to the kindergartners? They show them things like a man and women having sex, a man and man having sex, a woman and woman having sex, brother and sister having sex, mom and son having sex. That doesn't sick to you? When's the last time a kindergartners needed to know the homosexual stuff?!? Sex isn't okay, and them warning you against things like AID's are good. BUT telling you that you should wear a condom to be safe is not okay. It's like encouraging sex, and abortion! People say obortion is killing something that wasn't even alive! But that's so wrong, tons of babies die. They have a heartbeat after 14 days, if I was raped I would keep my baby. I wouldn't want to be a murderer. If the baby isn't dead when they force it out, then they throw the live baby away in the TRASH, or stick them in closets. It's sick and I'm glad Romney is against it. I pray that people come to realize what is going on in America.

by madlizz on 11/1/2012 4:49:34 PM

Obama, you are absolutely right. There are many reasons why it is beneficial to our society to teach kids sex ed, but as everyone knows, teens rebel. Teens are told "Don't drink, don't do drugs." Teens drink and teens do drugs. So if teens are told "Don't have sex" without any education, America will have a huge percentage of pregnant teens and teens with STIs. Thank you Obama!

by coracat on 11/1/2012 12:43:29 AM

Just because we learn about sex and both male and female bodies doesnt mean we are going to go out and have sex right away. I think we need to learn, we are at an age where we are curious and without proper information we are going to learn from the internet anyway and see things that may not be reality when it comes to sex.

I know some schools only talk about abstinence and other schools show pictures of bodies and how to use condoms on fake but real looking male body parts. So it should be uniform because if some students are only learning about being abstinent and others are learning about explicit stuff it doesnt seem even or fair.

I hope that makes sense.

by fashionqn on 11/1/2012 12:27:18 AM

I agree with Obama, there are people who hear the abstinence presentations and think no way! what they arent thinking about is protection. Its their choice but if they decide to have sex the might as well at least know how to use protection.

by myipodrox16 on 11/1/2012 12:21:56 AM

Okay, I agree with Obama on this one, because honestly, think about it. If teens really want to go out and have sex, some aren't going to care about the school teaching them about abstinence. I don't plan on having sex anytime soon, but I usually tune out those lectures too. But you can help prevent STD's and unplanned pregnancy by teaching about forms of contraception, which are not part of abortion, FYI, abortion is when you prevent a fetus from growing any more and removing it, which in my opinion is not killing, wrong, or illegal, I'm just saying. I personally think abortion should be allowed, because I was raped a couple months ago, and I was super depressed and scared and it was awful. If I had added a baby onto that at 14 years old...I don't think it would've been good for me or the baby. And every anti-abortion person, do you really have a say in another women's choices? How would you like it if some woman you don't even know decided to control your life?

by cheerfulcheer on 10/31/2012 11:40:37 PM