AN HOUR AGO 7 celeb-inspired ways to cure summer boredom: http://t.co/PvDFmaO4oD

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 3 snag @JFClothing's tight new tee: http://t.co/VrmynrJwjF

3 HOURS AGO 20 major fashion fails: http://t.co/T7nMCBwQDd

COMMENTS

Hey, Mr. President! Let's talk about sex

Let’s be honest: Sex ed is seriously awkward…but it’s also seriously necessary. This year, sex education is standardized across the U.S.—kids from Maine to California are learning...

I'm usually not on Obama's side but this time I agree. I was just in health class and I know that the more I here and learn about teen pregnancy and the birds and the bees the less I what to know let alone um, you get the idea

by Prim on 10/31/2012 6:49:53 PM

I stand with Obama's point of view. I think abstinence and other important things having to do with safe sex should be taught in schools.

by otter77 on 10/31/2012 6:02:53 PM

that should really be left up to the state not the national government!

by luvmonkey1313 on 10/31/2012 5:25:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Who would you suggest I contact about this article? As a magazine that is supposed to support all viewpoints, this article was clearly extremely biased, as stated in my previous comment. I have always enjoyed GL, but after this, I don't think I will be reading any of it anymore.

hey girl! I'm sorry you feel that way. I know the writer of this article, and she didn't mean to come off as biased. She was simply presenting her view, just as you're doing with your comments. With freedom of speech, we're all allowed to share our opinions. And if you read the article, you'll see that the author never used emotion to fuel her argument, rather she used studies. She then invited readers like yourself to comment on what you think. Just because you don't agree with the author, doesn't mean she's wrong and you're right, or you're wrong and she's right. We're all sharing our opinion, something that is considered very important at GL.

I hope you keep reading the magazine. When I was younger, there were some things that GL said that I didn't agree with...but more important than that, GL helped me become who I am today.

xoxo

Katie L.

by ali2468 on 10/31/2012 4:52:53 PM

Wow, I am utterly speechless at my frustration with Girlslife. As a magazine that is supposed to support all viewpoints, this is extremely biased. This article is not backed up with research or cited references, and does not explore in detail the benefits of Romney's stance.
What the majority of the nation does not realize is that sex ed programs through organizations like Planned Parenthood provide people with the cheapest contraceptives and weakest birth control drugs, increasing the likelihood of future abortions. Scientists have found that life begins at conception, therefore as stated in the Constitution, the government has the responsibility to protect the right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Abortion is the deliberate killing of a human life, and is clearly unconstitutional. I urge you to watch the video 180 on YouTube if you need more help regarding this issue. And to GL, please be more considerate in the future of BOTH stances.

by ali2468 on 10/31/2012 4:50:27 PM

im with Obama. theres a saying, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink. People can inforce abstinence all they want but some teenagers will still have sex. Its important to let them know that there are ways to have safe sex if they are going to.

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 10/31/2012 2:44:01 PM

I have to agree with Obama on this one, but I kind of disagree too. I don't think a sex ed program or promoting abstinence is going to stop teens from having sex. Teens are still gonna go on birth control and use condoms. if they want to do it, they're gonna do it. unfortunately, that's the truth. i wish they would stop but when someone wants something, they're going to go for it...

by myfatsquirrel on 10/30/2012 7:18:33 PM

Look at the science...it's obvious both are necessary, even though it is very important to stress abstinence...Obama has a point...

by Acutiebookworm on 10/30/2012 7:16:19 PM

I am a democrat, so usually I agree with the democratic side of everything (not always!). I do agree with Obama, teens need to be educated! Politics and sex are a terrible mix. We have Todd Akin talking about "legitamate rape" as if rape isn't always legitamate??? And insurance shouldn't cover abortions and birth control??? What is wrong with people? I like keep away from these kinds of things. (Sex and politicsSmile )

by JustluvAriana on 10/30/2012 6:56:22 PM