3 HOURS AGO You'll never believe what this super thoughtful birthday babe did: http://t.co/rMv9b0LCrn

6 HOURS AGO 4 fad diets that just aren't worth the struggle: http://t.co/drOTmIYRz6

7 HOURS AGO What your hair #relaxer is realllllly doing to your body: http://t.co/hAhkOALMrE

COMMENTS

5 secrets to dealing with a catty friend

We know you heart your hunnies, but have you ever had a friend that sometimes goes to the dark side? You know, maybe she started offering backhanded...

My friend named Katie is sometimes nice but she yells and pokes,elbows,or jabs me alot and not in the playful way. She acts childish the way she acts makes me not want to be her friend. How do i tell her I don't want to be her friend and not hurt her feelings?

Hey girl! Just be honest. Tell her you don't want to hurt her feelings but you're uncomfortable with the poking and jabing. Have a good convo and hopefully you guys can move forward from there!

xo

Taeler L.

by destine02 on 8/10/2013 10:46:39 AM

this jerk in my grade (my ex-BFF) is spreading rumors about me and some of my friends. Scince she is populer and we are not, people listen. I tried confronting her new BFF, asking her too stop, talking too adults. but everyone thinks she is a "perfectly innocent princess". If i leave it, she just keeps knawing at my flesh. trust me, i have tried. she knows some harmful stuff about my BGF, also. should i let her tell everyone true/false aboutme and him, or should i play dirty too?

Hey girlie, instead of playing dirty, try confronting her and telling her that you will if she doesn't stop. If you have anything on her that she wouldn't want other people to know she might stop spreading rumors. Otherwise just ignore her. Pretend that you don't hear any of the rumors and that they don't bother you.

Lauren T.

by 513520cb on 5/5/2013 7:53:53 PM

So it's near the end of sixth grade,and ever since the beggining my old BFF for 3 years in elementary school has found a new group of the most popular girl in school.She has a bunch of classes with them,and I don't even have one with her.I've sat at their table before,but I feel reall left out.The thing is,one of these girls is her ex best friend from 2nd grade and her neighbor for a little while.The thing is,I already have a new group of best friends who also went to my
elementary school,and I've made a LOT of newfriendfrom other schools,some who you could say are popular.I could get along fine without her,but there's something missing in me because weve been bffs so long.I have church with her too,and we always talk there,it's like it's back to normal.I've already told her that she's ignoring me.She doesn't sit with me on the bus because one of her new bffs rides my bus too.She said I could sleep over,but one of her new friends did.What do I do?

Hey girl, I would talk to her again. Tell her how you feel and what you miss about your relationship. Try and hang out just you two so you guys can bond again.

lauren r.

by katniss50309 on 4/6/2013 7:40:46 AM

I have this friend lets just call her M.M and I have been really good friends ever since 4 grade.I have been crushing on this kid (we will call him K) ever since 2 grade. Last year I told K I liked him.Well turns out he liked me back.We started dating.M got mad and tried to steal him.Im not sure why.That turned into a ginormous fight. We had a few other fights over the same thing and then she started trying to turn me into a bad guy.We had more and more fights but I tried to be nice.I started branching out and trying to get more friends.She freaked out about that too and tried to make me stay her friend only.I told her if she wasnt going to let me have any friends that I couldnt be her friend.She freaked and started trying to steal my new friends.I finally told my new friends what was happening.They stopped being her friends and M accused me of stealing HER friends.Now she bullies me and I just want her to leave me alone but she won't. What do I do?

by Les on 1/16/2013 6:14:43 PM

Thanks for the advice Laughing

by Glitter_Freak on 1/2/2013 7:21:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Im having MAJOR probs with this girl at my school. At the beginning of the school year we were friends and after two months our friendship crashed and burned. What really kills me is the fact that it was demolished my a fundraiser of all things because she was pressuring me to donate when i didnt want to. I know this sounds really stupid but now shes carrying this whole thing on and starting to bully me in a whole different way. Shes starting to hack my accounts for things and made fun of me and tried to get my bff to ditch me. Well to sum it all up i just need advice on how to get her to stop because im afraid to go back to school after holidays how can i stand up to her? how can i get her to stop? Plz help!

hey girl! while the end of the friendship started over something silly, this girl is taking the situation to a serious level. She's bullying you, and you should tell an adult to get it to stop. Consider confiding in a parent or a school guidance counselor. I'm sorry you have to go through this, but don't be afraid to go to school! Also, have a ehar to heart with your BFF so she knows the situation and this mean girl won't be able to manipulate her. good luck!

xoxo

Katie L.

by Glitter_Freak on 1/2/2013 6:34:28 AM

MOD MOD MOD!! (Lauren T.)
Well, I did tell her that I didn't mean to exclude and ignore her... multiple times. I tried apologizing many times as well. And she won't even look at me so it's kind of hard to talk to her. I did try talking to her, but she just walked away. I don't really care about being her friend now because she's a major drama queen and brat. I tried being really nice to her, bur she responded rudely and sarcastically and even told me she hopes I have a bad Christmas and a bad 1 month anniversary with my BF.

Hey girlie, if you've tried to talk to her then just start ignoring her. Like I said about her looking for attention, maybe the attention she's looking for is a reaction. If you don't give her the reaction she wants then eventually she'll get bored and move on. Good luck!

Lauren T.

by livelaughlove99 on 12/23/2012 6:34:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I had this friend and we'll call her S. So I used to be best friends with S. She goes to school with me and lives down the street from me. Then I got a boyfriend, and she started feeling like the 3rd wheel even though I included her in a lot of things me & my bf did and paid a lot more attention to her than I did to my bf. one time, I brought her and my other friend to church. ( Bf & I go to same church ) So me and my other friend went over to my bf, but S walked over to her friends and hung out with them and then yelled at me and got all mad at me for not hanging out with her! ( I cant stand her friends. ) She could have very well come to me, my other friend, my bf, and all our other friends because she likes them all. So we got into a huge fight and wont talk to each other, but she texted me all this sarcastic stuff and is being really rude. And now he wont stop posting FB statuses about it! It's making me sooooo mad! What can I do??

Hey girlie, it's probably because she feels insecure. And doing this to you now makes her feel better about herself. Tell her that you haven't ever meant to exclude her or ignore her and you're sorry if she felt like you did. And tell her that it bothers you that she's doing this now. She's just looking for attention. You don't have to be best friends with her anymore, but you can give her a little attention to make her stop this.

Lauren T.

by livelaughlove99 on 12/23/2012 5:38:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
I have this one friend and she is soooo annoying. She always talks about anime even though I absolutely hate it(i have nothing against it she just talks way to much about it so i hate it now) and when I ask her to stop she says "its your problem not mine" She has no manners and burps and passes gas all the time! Its so gross and when I ask her to stop she says no. She called my dad ugly and my parents old even though they are the same age as other parents. She said I have huge pores and my hair is super frizzy. When I get upset at her she has a temper tantrum, yells at me,cries then tells the teacher on me! She pouts and acts like a baby then tells people I am a bad person. She still plays with littlest pet shops and we are 13! The bad part about that is she brings them to school. She calls herself stupid but then says I am too! She also shares way to much information on her body with me! What should I do??

Hey girl,

If she's talking to a teacher about things you said to her, maybe it's time that you speak with an adult about what she says to you, too. You could also try sitting down with her and having a conversation about the things she says to you, and let her know that some of the things she does hurt your feelings. If she still doesn't take what you're saying seriously, it might be time to branch out and find some new buds.

Meghan D.

by cupcakecutie325 on 12/17/2012 7:45:52 PM

Hey everyone!! so I have a friebd named kailee! We Have been best friends since last year! (6th grade) and now we have a bunch of classes this year so i thought awesome!! More time together...... no. She met a girl Named Lizzie and i don't like her because i feel like she likes my boyfreind. She just doesn't care anymore and it's all about Her. I Miss her... but is it time to move on.??? Advice.... :/

by brittanyrocks22 on 12/15/2012 10:31:50 AM