1 HOURS AGO 10 must-do makeup rules you've never heard of: http://t.co/5WVBDTgQD6

13 HOURS AGO Anna & Elsa are servin' up some major hairspo! #PrincessStat: http://t.co/dQpwHoErKm

16 HOURS AGO Swap out your fatty foods for clean nom-worthy treats: http://t.co/HvO68YoFFc

COMMENTS

5 secrets to dealing with a catty friend

We know you heart your hunnies, but have you ever had a friend that sometimes goes to the dark side? You know, maybe she started offering backhanded...

I have this "friend".I hate her, she is bitchy and she has admittedly told people she thinks im obnoxious and annoying, the problem is we have soo many mutual friends that it is really hard for us to not annoy the hell out of eachother.i DON'T WANT TO BREAK OUR Friends Appart so i am trying so hard to simply ignore her rude comments and attitudes but its ridiculous that some days she is like happy and fun and then all the sudden she is making a rude comments.I have talked to some of my best friends and they notice the harsh comments.The problem is if you tell her something was mean or get offended she simply says, "well they shouldn't be so sensitive"she is so judgemental.Now before you start to say don't take it to heart,believe me i try i am a naturally happy go lucky kid and i try hard to just flick away her attitude towards me and ignore it but as my best friend said,eventually im going to break and tell her how much i dislike her and i just dont want to break up our group. Advice?

Hey cutiekj, oh I know where you're coming from girl. I had a friend likes this once. Just because you two aren't friends doesn't mean your friend circle has to break up or choose side, so make this clear to them. Let them know you want everything to remain the same, and that they don't have walk on egg shells around you. They can still talk about her around you or invite her to events. Although it may be hard, try to talk to her. Explain to her you aren't trying to be enemies, you just don't want to be friends. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by cutiekj on 12/7/2012 6:02:26 PM

So I have this this friend and she wants to befriends with one of my friends MORE THAN ANYTHING but she has been talking behind both of our backs and when I ask her she always lies me and my friends are SOOOOO TIRED of being her friend. What should I do?

by Dancerrr on 12/4/2012 2:18:49 AM

Hey girl,

Because we wish only the best for you and your friend, it's extremely important that you encourage her to speak with a trusted adult such as a parent, older family member, teacher, guidance counselor or doctor ASAP. For additional help, you can refer her to this post: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Meghan D.

by appleduck101 on 11/24/2012 12:04:32 AM

Hey girls! Need some quick advice on random things? Click here: http://www.girlslife.com/AdviceQueen.aspx?id=10119
Its amazing!

by kathapple17 on 11/23/2012 5:50:15 PM

!!!!MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Ok my best friend is being a jerk to me. She thinks its all about her and never about anybody else. She thinks everything has to be fun and games and BOYS! It bothers me because I'm to young for a boyfriend so is she but she doesn't care. And she's also a jerk to her sister, calling her names and bringing her down. It bothers me because her sister is really sweet but she is a jerk to her and me!! But also we pick her and her siblings up from school so it's gonna be awkward!! I want to not fight but I'm not apologizing cause it's her she thinks I'm snobby and rude to her!! But she's always telling me to do stuff and I used to until recently so she's being a jerk! WHAT SHOULD I DOFrown???

hey girl! ouch, she doesn't seem so sweet. maybe it's time to move on...? try expanding your friend circle and trying out some new hobbies on your own to give ya some distance.

xoxo

Katie L.

by Cupcake_queen_101_ on 11/21/2012 4:13:36 PM

I like the idea of going straight to the source. So many times girls get caught up in the drama of it all. Often when they realize that this is you they are talking about and hurting in the process, they'll stop the nonsense. -Sheri Gazitt from teenwiseseattle

by sheerios on 11/19/2012 3:17:32 PM

mod mod mod
I am having some friendship issues. My "friends" told me that I need to do something useful with my life because I play video games. They're saying this kind of stuff to me because they were being rude to me and my friends, so we stopped hanging out with them at lunch. It really hurt my feelings because they BOTH play video games, and they were my best friends. How can I deal with this? Frown Thanks

Hey pokemon_girl11, don't stress because you know they're only saying this because you stopped hanging with them. Call a truce and ask if everyone can put the past behind and get to being best friends again. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by pokemon_girl11 on 11/12/2012 12:37:26 AM

Hey girls..... Do you need advice?
I have been through a lot, and I give advice on:
•guys
•style
•hair
•shopping
•school
•music
•beauty
So click click click my profile and ask away, I will not judge and no question is dumb or stupid!

by kat_13 on 11/9/2012 12:57:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Well, my friend is really catty and gossips constantly. She gossips about this girl she hates and then she goes to that girl and talks about how much she hates me. I found out a day ago that she was texting all about me and my BF, and I think she said something to him, because now he is kinda pissy to me. I just want to stop this where it started, but every time I talk to her about her arrogant behavior, she flips out. She is either a great friend or a total backstabber. I'm stuck in the middle of her lies. I really need some help!

Hey girl,

I would try to talk to her without being confrontational--say you like hanging out with her but that you don't appreciate her gossiping about others who are your friends, too. If that doesn't work, it's okay to talk to an adult like a guidance counselor or parent to help sort things out.

Meghan D.

by mikaelaeb on 11/2/2012 10:54:14 PM

My friend and I have been friends for ages but we dont have a class together and now we dont get to see each other that much and i am hanging out with some of my other friends and my friend jumps to conclusions that i dont want to be her friend anymore and she says i am not a "true friend" and she doesnt say this to my face she messages it to me. She is honestly getting on my nerves because she is jumping to conclusions like i am going to ditch her and never be her friend again. help, because i dont know what to tell her.

Hey girl,

It's normal for your friend to be jealous, although it sounds like she's being a little rude about it. Let her know you are always there for her and still want to be her friend, but that you have other friends, too. Why not introduce her to your other friends? That way, you can all hang out together!

Meghan D.