11 HOURS AGO From patient princess to spoiled brat, how demanding are you? Take the #quiz and see: http://t.co/esCqSBDnyT

12 HOURS AGO "My girls say he's a cheater...should I believe them?" http://t.co/rnIcn2ddgJ

13 HOURS AGO #tbt to that time we had an ice cream + gossip sesh with @rydelR5 // #r5family #r5 pic.twitter.com/KXTAl9aBVa

COMMENTS

Calling all curly-hair cuties: Curl care 101

Quick, it’s time for a girl’s night out with your BFFs. What’s the first hair tool you reach for? If you’re like the rest of...

I have naturally curly blonde hair, kind of like the girl in the picture, but a lighter color. For JustluvAriana, try using gel for styling your hair. This is my favorite to use, although moose works too. Also, I am looking for cute ways to style curly hair because I have so much of it. I cannot wear it in a headband because it is so thick. Any suggestions?

by gigglegirl12 on 6/20/2013 8:37:49 PM

MOD!
I have curly/wavy hair that likes to frizz out when i brush it. After i shower, i twist it and let it dry so the frizz turns into curls. The only problem is the days i dot take showers my hair is frizzy and not as pretty. How can i get pretty not frizzy curly-ish hair without taking a shower?

Hey girl! Hmm, that can be hard to achieve, frizz can be a fact of life. I like curling my hair with a curling iron, but that can be time consuming and takes a while to master. Instead of constantly trying to have that perfect curly hair, maybe try putting it in a cute style like a fishtail braid or waterfall braid. Try out different things, and see what works with your particular hair. Best of luck girlie! xx

Hannah M

by violagirl115 on 5/15/2013 8:07:48 PM

Thank you so much!! I have extremely curly and frizzy hair, and this is amazing!!! Another good conditioner is Totally Twisted. I use it sometimes, and it works wonders.

by jayjay927 on 3/4/2013 2:46:54 PM

MODMODMOD
okay, so earlier I posted a comment on here asking about hair, and it hasn't shown up yet. I wouldn't be worried, except this is like the tenth time this has happened to me...

Hey girlie,

I don't see any pending comments from your username, but if you repost your question I would be happy to answer it. Sorry for any trouble with the site and thanks for visiting GirlsLife.com, we love to have you here!

Meghan D.

by radiolovergirl on 2/9/2013 10:47:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
hey mod, i remember reading an article on here about hair accessories, and saw a really cute Urban outfitters headband (turquoise&brown) that was worn in a hippie style. i tried searching different words for it, but i could not find it anywhere! can this girl get some help?? Smile

Hey girlie,

If you can't find it on the Urban Outfitters website, it might not be sold anymore if it was an old article. They might have similar accessories, though, or you might be able to find similar ones at Nordstrom, Target or Forever21. Good luck and happy shopping!

Meghan D.

by missykp on 1/19/2013 10:09:17 PM

I have semi curly hair that doesn't always curl when I let it dry. It just looks like frizzy unstraight hair with random curls. I like curly hair. How can I make my hair more curly?

Helen S.

by kormi10 on 1/12/2013 11:53:48 AM

I really want long hair. I cut my hair a few months ago, and now it probably just skims my shoulders. What can I do to make it grow longer faster? I was thinking about trying horse shampoo because that apparently works well. Thanks!!!

Hey girlie, horse shampoo is a good idea. You could also try getting your hair trimmed again. Fresh ends will make your hair grow faster.

Lauren T.

by nwagirl on 12/30/2012 8:32:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
So over christmas break i really wanna dye my hair a different color- my mom's alright with it so it's cool. I have freckles, paler skin, blue/green eyes, dark long eyelashes- i'm looking for something in the red/orange family but i don't wanna be a carrot top or a strawberry! Help what is my perfect color!?!? p.s. my hair is naturally dirty blonde...

Hey Justmecheyenne, just answered girly. Let me know if you got my response! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Justmecheyenne on 12/21/2012 5:42:11 PM

Let's see an entire issue about hair! Repost if you agree!!!!

by Fashionista9400 on 12/2/2012 5:44:28 PM

So there is this guy in my class and he talks to me during class and seems interested...but that's about the only time he talks to me. He's popular and I'm not so popular. How can I get him to notice me more and possibly like me?

Hey girl,

Don't let "popularity" get you down--it's totally overrated! If he already talks to you, that's great! Since you already know each other, try to get to know him more by inviting him to sit with your friends at lunch or hang out with your friends and you after school. If you keep getting to know him as friends, he will definitely notice you Smile

Meghan D.

by StageBlaze99 on 11/9/2012 9:34:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
So I'm in this advanced program which makes us learn things in 11th grade AP classes and such even though I'm in 7th grade and they give us A LOT of homework so I'm pulling an allnighter. I'm not so sure I'm gonna have time to do my hair all pretty and stuff so what can I do to make it look at least pretty good? My hair is kinda thick and black with this weird wave to it and it goes down to the bottom of my (I suppose I should say) chest. I have kind of a pale face since it's winter and since I'm pulling an all nighter its gonna be even paler. So what should I do? Thanks!

Hey girly, why not try one of our ponies. super fast and cute http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/09/06/28-totally-amazing-ponytails-perfect-for-school-Part-2.aspx?cp=all
Lauren I.

by claudsoda on 11/9/2012 2:42:23 AM

Thank you GL for the last tip about t-shirt method of drying your hair Laughing My hair is wavy/straight so it's not curly, only if I take a shower, right afterwards put olive oil on my hair, but it always looks like I got perfect curls for something idky? And I usually just tie my hair in a bun if it's those bad hair day where my hair is straight from head to shoulder but then gets frizzy and curly so I twist my hair up and get a rubber band and tie it! My bangs are for some reason ALWAYS straight no matter wet or dry, or whatever the condition but my hair straightness,curliness,and waviness changes because of the humidity and weather...I always could easily comb through my hair and is idky always silky, brunette soft in fact this very moment feels irresistible!Ahhw!but also, my tip is for healthy hair like mine, and i don't even have to straighten it EVER! Only 1nce caz I was bored but put olive oil on 1nce a week on a friday so it could heal over the weekend, it actually WORKS! Laughing

by Susmita24 on 11/2/2012 8:09:04 PM

I usually don't straighten my hair, but sometimes I do. When I leave my hair curly I just shampoo and condtition my hair with Aussie and i comb through my hair with my fingers when i condition my hair. i scrunch my hair to get out excess water ( i don't like brushing my hair) and i use a syrum and scrunch it through my hair and the use a foaming mousse and scrunch, i don't use gel. Then i just air dry it and it works great and my hair doesn't frizz at all

by XxBriXD on 11/1/2012 5:35:36 PM

thnx but no thanks. what happened to styling and preserving the curls overnight so you don't have to wash again.
girls there are some curly Qs GL didn't answer so if you want them come to my growing club Curls, go curls! no more positions are open but you are free to join and get:
advice
styling tips
product suggestions and tips
how to preserve the curls overnight
and much more! join today!

by briana13 on 10/31/2012 9:08:42 PM

I have super curly hair and I use Tricomania and Veganese from Lush! it's amazing! it makes your hair super soft and shiny, plus, it doesn't use harsh chemicals!

by gabbyw123 on 10/30/2012 6:18:56 PM

i would still definetly straighten

by Miepster99 on 10/29/2012 8:25:01 PM

I straighten my hair sometimes for special occasions, but I prefer to keep it natural (which is curly) on normal days. To keep my curls looking okay and frizz-free, I put them in foam curlers before I go to bed and take them out in the morning. I also use hairspray in the morning to keep the curls frizz-free. Hope my tips help! <3

Visit my profile if you have questions about anything SmileI'd be happy to help anyone. I'm on almost every day!

-Jezebel

by DancePartyChick200 on 10/29/2012 8:23:06 PM

i should try this. My mom always tells me to use the straightener when I am going out somewhere but I learned long ago it makes my hair dry. Ever since then I have refused to straighten my hair and you are right, it is dry frizzy and if I wash it a lot it is always extra curly since my hair for some odd reason is curly right after I wash and dry it, then one day later the curls soften and my hair becomes silky.

by 95028881 on 10/29/2012 7:32:49 PM

haha i do straghten my hair a lot!! im gonna try thisSmile but i have one quesiton: whenever i shower, my hair gets REALLY frizzy and my only way out is straightning it because or else itll be frizzy for the rest of the weeek. got any ideas on how to make it not frizzy AT ALL? thankss Smile

Hey girl, that may not quite be possible, but you can minimize frizz by using style products geared toward taming it. Be sure too to use moisturizing products since you're straightening your hair a lot and using heat on it. The damaged ends can lead to more frizz and dryness.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by lilmissamazing on 10/29/2012 7:05:26 PM

My hair is texture-ally challenged...
The front around my face is curly(naturally, always has been),I had a perm like a year and a half ago because of the 'curly tendrils' but I THINK it's still sticking around because it still curls up, I have some highlights left even though I had them 'covered' with low lights... It's a wreck.
Lesson learned: don't touch your natural hair.

All of this to say,
Yes, the front of my hair is naturally curly and the back I have no idea what it's natural is...

by Acutiebookworm on 10/29/2012 6:05:37 PM

Everyone says "I wish I had curly hair!" NO YOU DON'T! I hate my hair and these tips did nothing to it. It's almost impossible to straighten my hair so here are some tips that actually help, and are from a naturally curly haired girl: My routine is showering every morning (sleeping on wet hair makes you a lion), with Suave natural almond shea butter shampoo and conditioner. When I get out, I towel dry and attempt to brush my hair (usually it doesn't work unless I'm having a rare good hair day). I use MoroccanOil curl cream, John Frieda frizz-ease leave in spray conditioner, Herbal Escenses curl spray, and I'm still looking for the right thing to put in my hair. The only thing I'm terrible at is ponytials. I've yet to discover the secret what about you?

by JustluvAriana on 10/29/2012 6:00:52 PM

My hair takes 3 hours to straighten. There's no way I would do it spontaneously for a girls' night out.

by smileygirl567 on 10/29/2012 5:27:47 PM

***MOD***MOD***MOD***
What are some volunteer projects that a group of teenagers could do on weekends or after school? Maybe some holiday related ones, too? Thanks!

Hey girl, I'd try doing a bake sale to raise money for charity, volunteering at your local nursing home, soup kitchen or library or helping volunteer with Salvation Army during the holidays. Research online for service organizations in your area (Habitat for Humanity, etc.) you can get involved with!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by crazyshortie13 on 10/29/2012 4:41:24 PM

these tips stink! i have curly hair and when I tried this it ruined my hair!

by greeknspooky on 10/29/2012 4:25:16 PM

MODMODMOD
So I have really curly hair, and it isn't frizzy at all until in the morning once I wake up. I don't have enough time in the morning to shower, so I wake up with an afro, and then I'm stuck straightening it. How can I stop my hair from turning frizzy the morning after?

Hey girl, I'd try using shampoo designed for curly hair and looking for styling products you can put in after or in the morning that will help smooth your curls and reduce frizz. Look with your mom or dad in the hair care section of your local drugstore and see what product would be right for you: there are mousses, gels and many more options available.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by arcusashue on 10/29/2012 3:55:02 PM

I should show my Mom this Smile She has VERY VERY VERY curly wurly hair Smile I wish I had her hair because I <3 curls! I have my Dad's hair. Light brown and wavy!

by YouCanCallMeCat on 10/29/2012 3:50:43 PM

come on, chickys! peace out and luv ur hair

by kaileebaileemailee on 10/29/2012 3:29:09 PM

THANK YOU!! I REQUESTED THIS THANK YOU

by xoxojillianxo on 10/29/2012 2:43:02 PM

first comment!!! lol anyways i have curly hair and this helps a lot... THANK YOU!!!

by cutiepie14231 on 10/29/2012 2:24:41 PM