2 HOURS AGO Currently swooning over these adorbs beach bags: http://t.co/GT2oH9Il1x

3 HOURS AGO Unleash your inner bookworm with our fave award-winning reads: http://t.co/WVbM9Uj7aj

4 HOURS AGO Cute 'n' quick bun styles to try this weekend: http://t.co/dIFvlC8c4i

COMMENTS

What to do when people hate on your love

People don’t like that my BF is black and I’m not. I don’t care what they think, but we’ve been threatened. I’m afraid for our safety if...

You know, it's great that your with someone who makes ya happy. All you do is smile and say, you know, we are very happy together, there's no reason to hate him. It's ONLY his skin tone. Then if he's by you walk away confidently. Smile

by LivieLoo on 12/28/2012 2:19:05 PM

One of my best adult friends happens to be white and her fiance is black. I can't wait for the wedding!!!

by appleduck101 on 11/23/2012 11:19:23 PM

I really admire the fact that you still love him even after threats and obviously teasing. I can't even express how amazing that is. Just because someone isnt the same color as the other person doesn't mean they shouldnt love eachother. Such a great example, thank you so much for this story.

by WashingtonGirlie13 on 11/5/2012 7:05:15 PM

So I have known this one guy for 5 years now, and throughout those 5 years he has always told me how he hates me, and finds me annoying, and he says other mean stuff to me. This year he is in 2 of my classes, and he is always talking to me! He never stops talking to me, and told me that he likes talking to me because I'm the only one that will listen to him. He doesn't deny or say that hes sorry for saying mean things to me, and sometimes still does..What is with this guy?

Hey! do you know if he has many friends or is socially awkward? sometimes people who have a tough time in social situations react by lashing out at other people because negative attention is still attention. He may also have a crush on you.

Helen S.

by proarchergal42 on 11/3/2012 4:38:29 PM

A lot of the prejudice that still goes on today is based on insecurities.Maybe this is too big to talk about on this site, but some people feel that dating people from another race means that you think that someone of the same race is not good enough for you.Maybe it's the hair or the stereotypical behavior the one race likes to place on the other,but they all play into this. As much as we would want to see prejudice go away America's obsession with race is so deep in our history that 50,60 years of reform and change won't get rid of centuries worth of racial divide.

by realchk on 10/30/2012 12:22:25 PM

I'm amazed people still care about this. My boyfriend is black and I'm white and I've never been threatened. However, we are teased sometimes with our friends about his race but it's just in a funny way. it doesn't bother him at all. we both laugh about it and he'll make jokes about it too. We've been together 9 months. Love has nothing to do with race or what you look like. If you two are happy together please don't let anyone ruin it for you guys! best of luck in your relationship!!(:

by girlyleo8526 on 10/29/2012 11:16:22 PM

Race shouldn't matter, but I know the feeling. My mom is black and my dad is white. I live in a cookie cutter suburb with little diversity, so it's hard hearing racial jokes, and stuff like that. It's hard when race is seen as an issue, but you have to stay strong.

by litmarvel on 10/29/2012 9:58:56 PM

Stay strong girl! <3

by DancePartyChick200 on 10/29/2012 8:27:39 PM

Mod mod mod!!
I need a hairstyle for my birthday, one that will be really pretty and unique, I have naturally straight hair that goes just past my shoulders, and I have layers. I would like at least some of my hair down, pleas help me I can't think of anything!! I need your help ASAP so I can practice! Thank you soooooooooo much!!!!!!!

Hey girl, I'd try channel a celeb whose hair you really like! Grab a pic and take it to your hairdresser. Maybe a bob would be cute? Think Selena Gomez or Emma Stone's hair if you're looking for inspiration or for a more dramatic change, get bangs! Perfect way to change things up without greatly altering length.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Honeycakes on 10/29/2012 7:51:58 PM

I dated a black guy for about 1 year. During that time people constantly made fun of me. Even though it was hard and I thought of breaking up with him just so I didn't have to deal with it anymore, I had fun! and I don't regret staying with him. If you like him stay strong, and keep going!

by Francissca on 10/29/2012 7:50:48 PM