AN HOUR AGO These pretty playmakers offer unlimited outfit options—which is what we all need, right? Win @OfficialNFLShop gear: http://t.co/enRZCWDOfv

2 HOURS AGO How to get your crush's attention…the *right* way: http://t.co/rsjv4Njfg0 #GuyAdvice

3 HOURS AGO We are *falling* in love with these books about fall fun!: http://t.co/bqqp3apoAu

COMMENTS

Why cheerleading needs to be considered a sport

From classic teen movie Bring It On to TLC’s Cheer Perfection to the real-life triumphs of cheerleaders like world record-breaking back handspringer Miranda Ferguson, there’s no doubt in...

cheerleading is a sport. It has physical movements. You have to have a strong bod. So technically its a sport.

by asdfghjulia on 3/16/2013 2:30:23 PM

if cheer leading is a sport than horse riding is to! You sport gets A LOT of publicity but dressage doesn't so complain all you want about how it really is a sport (which i agree with 100 percent) just be great full that people know what it is.

by sparklycupcake2000 on 11/25/2012 11:52:48 AM

I don't believe cheerleading is a sport. In my eyes its more of a waste of time. I also have no respect for cheerleaders, bouncing around in their short skirts. Now I do believe motivational gymnastics is a sport and it is a professional sport too. There is a difference!

by smartnsassy on 11/18/2012 7:08:46 PM

if cheerleading was any easier they'd call it fotball. i wanna see any other sport lift a girl an atms length above there head or oull they leg up in a perfect cirlce behind their all while stand on two peoples hands, then doiong a full cradle or flip flop into a lib then basket then bow and arrow. Or do flips that throw caution to the wind.. you do that then you can say cheerleading is not a sport.

by RAWRthehamsandwhich on 11/16/2012 4:54:53 PM

Well if cheer leading is a sport then why do so many people think that horse ridding isn't? Yes i get it cheer leaders can do gymnastics but horse ridding is really demanding yet no body cares. I would really be happy if some one could write an article on why dressage (an equine sport) should be considered a sport!!!!!!

by sparklycupcake2000 on 11/7/2012 6:00:23 PM

ok if that is considered a sport dance should be a sport no matter what

by tampagirl<3 on 11/7/2012 4:08:47 PM

@midwestgirl, you are my new best friend Smile

by 1blackat on 11/6/2012 10:55:40 PM

I think there needs to be an article about why color guard/marching band should be considered a sport! Smile

by midwestgirl on 11/5/2012 7:58:27 PM

Hey, guys, I've started a club all about sports and athletes. We can talk and discuss about other things just like this cheer debate, and any other stuff as well. Please join!! Smile -grace1089

by grace1089 on 11/5/2012 7:20:09 PM

In my book, a sport is considered a sport if it involves athletes. According to the dictionary, an athlete is a person who is trained or skilled in excercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina. I'm not in cheer myself, but many of my friends are. I think whether it is or is not a sport depends on the schools and what they do at practices and such. At my school, the cheerleaders have practice every weekday for 2 and a half hours, plus football & basketball games and pep rallies. In that way, I would consider it a sport. But, if the cheerleaders just sit on the bleachers doing nothing during practice, I wouldn't think of it as a sport. So it all depends. Smile

by grace1089 on 11/5/2012 7:18:22 PM