3 HOURS AGO Skip the salon and save from $$$ with this easy DIY pedi:

4 HOURS AGO Witch hazel is totally *not* just hocus pocus:

5 HOURS AGO It's #ThrowbackThursday! Tweet us your best #tbt pics 😊

Why cheerleading needs to be considered a sport

From classic teen movie Bring It On to TLC’s Cheer Perfection to the real-life triumphs of cheerleaders like world record-breaking back handspringer Miranda Ferguson, there’s no doubt in...

cheerleading is a sport. It has physical movements. You have to have a strong bod. So technically its a sport.

by asdfghjulia on 3/16/2013 2:30:23 PM

if cheer leading is a sport than horse riding is to! You sport gets A LOT of publicity but dressage doesn't so complain all you want about how it really is a sport (which i agree with 100 percent) just be great full that people know what it is.

by sparklycupcake2000 on 11/25/2012 11:52:48 AM

I don't believe cheerleading is a sport. In my eyes its more of a waste of time. I also have no respect for cheerleaders, bouncing around in their short skirts. Now I do believe motivational gymnastics is a sport and it is a professional sport too. There is a difference!

by smartnsassy on 11/18/2012 7:08:46 PM

if cheerleading was any easier they'd call it fotball. i wanna see any other sport lift a girl an atms length above there head or oull they leg up in a perfect cirlce behind their all while stand on two peoples hands, then doiong a full cradle or flip flop into a lib then basket then bow and arrow. Or do flips that throw caution to the wind.. you do that then you can say cheerleading is not a sport.

by RAWRthehamsandwhich on 11/16/2012 4:54:53 PM

Well if cheer leading is a sport then why do so many people think that horse ridding isn't? Yes i get it cheer leaders can do gymnastics but horse ridding is really demanding yet no body cares. I would really be happy if some one could write an article on why dressage (an equine sport) should be considered a sport!!!!!!

by sparklycupcake2000 on 11/7/2012 6:00:23 PM

ok if that is considered a sport dance should be a sport no matter what

by tampagirl<3 on 11/7/2012 4:08:47 PM

@midwestgirl, you are my new best friend Smile

by 1blackat on 11/6/2012 10:55:40 PM

I think there needs to be an article about why color guard/marching band should be considered a sport! Smile

by midwestgirl on 11/5/2012 7:58:27 PM

Hey, guys, I've started a club all about sports and athletes. We can talk and discuss about other things just like this cheer debate, and any other stuff as well. Please join!! Smile -grace1089

by grace1089 on 11/5/2012 7:20:09 PM

In my book, a sport is considered a sport if it involves athletes. According to the dictionary, an athlete is a person who is trained or skilled in excercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina. I'm not in cheer myself, but many of my friends are. I think whether it is or is not a sport depends on the schools and what they do at practices and such. At my school, the cheerleaders have practice every weekday for 2 and a half hours, plus football & basketball games and pep rallies. In that way, I would consider it a sport. But, if the cheerleaders just sit on the bleachers doing nothing during practice, I wouldn't think of it as a sport. So it all depends. Smile

by grace1089 on 11/5/2012 7:18:22 PM

When baking, replace half (or more) of the oil called for in the recipe with applesauce for a healthier version of your fave baked goods.
It's time for your monthly sleepover with the girls. What are you gals going to do?

You lose most of your body heat straight out of the top of your noggin

*Win* a trip to meet R5's Rydel Lynch!