Bridget M.

is modding

1 HOURS AGO 6 new Christmas music videos we can't stop watching: http://t.co/N2g6v5Tq9l

2 HOURS AGO Deck your nails! Christmas mani inspo: http://t.co/1YDVUPbPoR

3 HOURS AGO How to deal with a super-strict dad: http://t.co/CuQ1uUykKt

COMMENTS

NJ governor reschedules Halloween (can you do that?!)

It’s official, Jersey girls: Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey has signed an executive order postponing Halloween—and trick-or-treating—to Monday, Nov. 5. With much of...

i think that was an awful decision. the poor kids who had their lives turned upside down only want to do something normal and pretend that their lives are somewhat like those in Illinois, Colorado, and other states not rocked by the hurricane/nor'easter. having a fun, kids-especially holiday moved only makes those 5 days between October 31st and November 5th that much harder.

on the other hand, it would have been weird otherwise... probably no candy, probably no costumes, etc.

by fashionista997 on 11/23/2012 7:48:00 PM

I live in Northwest NJ and I wasn't able to celebrate Halloween(I had STAYING WARM being a more important thing than celebrating Halloween). Thankfully...life is somewhat back to normal where I live(And my home's been toasty for the past week).

by Kitty99369936 on 11/14/2012 4:50:41 PM

ATTENTION ALL MUSICAL THEATER LOVERS!
-------------------------------------
comming soon!club musical theater!this is a club for girls who love musicals,intrested in musicals,or preparing for her first one.also,if you love acting but singing isn't your thing,you can still join and see what it's all about!i'm rehersing a shakespere right now so i speak your language!if you want to snag a council position(tresurer,secratary,VP,ect.)early,click on my name and say so on my profile.first come first serve.some council positions will still be availible when the profile becomes visible.please join!
-ashbabe567765,president

by ashbabe567765 on 11/10/2012 6:59:12 PM

After missing last year completely? As a Jersey girl, this is a welcome chance to celebrate Halloween. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected <3

by silverlining<3 on 11/1/2012 9:27:29 PM

Well, I think the Gov. made an awesome decision. Instead of Halloween postponed on Mon., mine is going to be on Sat. Since I live in NJ, and there's like, a lot of flooding in other cities, I'm glad that others won't at least have Halloween ruined! Laughing

by pepper444 on 11/1/2012 6:27:55 PM

November 5th is my 13th bday!!!

by pinklol56 on 11/1/2012 3:28:26 PM

they did that last year in connecticut

by xoxojillianxo on 11/1/2012 1:42:58 PM

My Halloween was moved to Saturday Oct. 3 because of the snow. I don't really mind it being moved, it's just gonna be weird not doing it on Halloween.

by YouCanCallMeCat on 10/31/2012 9:17:05 PM

i think it's a pretty good idea, but only for a situation like this. if it was a normal day and halloween got rescheduled, that wouldn't be right. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

by myfatsquirrel on 10/31/2012 9:13:47 PM

Well, they kind of have too, unless they want to dround

by teddy878 on 10/31/2012 9:09:27 PM

It is weird trick-or-treating on a day that isn't halloween, but it saves lives in NJ. However, I am in PA and all of the neighborhoods have postponed halloween, but we had no real damage. It is ok if necessary i guess

by epicforevs on 10/31/2012 8:57:59 PM

I think its a great idea! The kids who were waiting for Halloween but were bummed out because of Frankenstorm now have a chance to trick-or-treat... It's a little weird, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

by topaz1116 on 10/31/2012 7:46:32 PM

You can't really reschedule Halloween unless you change every calendr in NJ

by transform2314 on 10/31/2012 7:27:02 PM

Massachusetts did that last year during the October snowstorm....

by ziirnn on 10/31/2012 7:22:04 PM

I think this is a good idea. A lot of kids are going to be really upset that they never will be able to trick or treat on Halloween so what's a couple days late? Anyway in my town trick or treat is always the friday before October 31st.

by BabyDahl13 on 10/31/2012 7:21:09 PM

Well I think the kids will be glad they still will have the holiday!

by averya on 10/31/2012 7:06:34 PM

I live in nj and some kids didn't get the memo apparently and r trick or treating but no one has candy
It'll mostly be weird going to school Monday I. My costume because its not Halloween

by Colie34720 on 10/31/2012 7:06:26 PM

its perfect!

by aaarrrppp on 10/31/2012 6:31:28 PM

I live in NJ and I can't believe this! It's a wreck here but I hate how Halloween is postponed. I understand that it's for our safety, but I was so excited to rock my Katniss costume! Hurricane Sandy left a ton of my friends without power and it looks like pure chaos outside. The bright side is I've been off from school since Monday and I have off tomorrow to. Praying for all those affected. Peace girlies!

by Anabanana<3 on 10/31/2012 6:17:46 PM

While it will seem weird, I'm glad he did! I live in New Jersey and it sucked having Halloween pretty much ruined last year, and it sucks even more that it's completely ruined this year. I'm happy Chris Christie did this

by mystic_artist22 on 10/31/2012 6:14:32 PM

I think this idea is good if it will help save lives, but I am still a little bit doubtful about it. Rescheduling Halloween makes it less legit.

by otter77 on 10/31/2012 5:58:59 PM

I live in Jersey, I can't even go down a block because roads are closed off with fallen trees and power lines. I think that this is ok, but would much rather be trick or treating or at a Halloween party right now.

by carmita1611 on 10/31/2012 5:46:29 PM

it was such a tragedy what happened and how much damage there was. the whole point of halloween is dressing up and getting candy..duh! yes its not actual halloween and does uliminate the halloween fun a bit but i think its great that they still get to have fun. it wouldnt be fair to have no halloween!

by caseycat16 on 10/31/2012 5:32:53 PM

I think this is a good idea. New Jersey kids should still get to trick-or-treat, but safety comes first.

by goaliegirl18 on 10/31/2012 5:24:44 PM

I think its great. Hopefully everyone will be put back together by then.

by txtingirl on 10/31/2012 5:23:20 PM

I totally get why they "postponed" halloween , but personally i think that it's stupid to do that. trick or treating is a personal choice and postponing it doesn't make it Halloween it makes it November 5th and you can dress up and collect candy it's no longer halloween. Halloween is a day not an event to be postponed.

by luvmonkey1313 on 10/31/2012 5:20:20 PM