AN HOUR AGO How to deal with untrue and embarrassing rumors: http://t.co/pNgcaDsOup

1 HOURS AGO 5 fall inspired smoothies to try now http://t.co/oJExccTLYu

2 HOURS AGO You’ve got your costume—now spook out your house. 4 ways to make your place scary stylish: http://t.co/4LYak7b5vh #DIY

COMMENTS

Am I sick? I have all the symptoms for a chronic disease!

I think I may have Type 1 Diabetes. I have all the symptoms, but I don't know how to tell my parents. What should I do? ...

Okay, so I have a problem which my mom puts it as by slouching a lot! Ugh! ^-^ I'm a tall person so it makes , from my mom's point of view, insecure, feeling like your shy, bored, etc.. I ask my friends, but they always say, we like you for who you are so we relly don't care and my best guy friend slouches to make fun of me but in a flirty way and he always says, " don't let of how you look ruin the true you just caz somebody said you look weird" which is so true! Idk what to do! My mom said I gotta stand tall with confidence, pride, and look smart though you are relly smart. It's too much work and stuff.. PLz help! OH ALSO< --another question! My mom wants me to wear makeup caz I'm 13 and I don't wanna! I know how to but I tend to wear jeans, hoodie, tee everywhere I go.. I need fashion help to impress my mom! AND MAKEUP HOW TO HELP!! !PLZ HELP! I want my mom to see me mature and grown not that so not true insecure girl tomboy ish but i don't wanna change my personality!

Hey Girl, I totally understand where you're coming from. Slouching can actually cause back problems so you should try to work on that. Check out or style section for makeup tips, start with lipgloss and keep it light so you are comfortable at first. You can still be a tomboy and dress well... instead of sneakers, try some boots, stick with the jeans, and instead of a hoodie wear a zip up sweatshirt and some layers. Voila! You're a fashionable YOU.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Susmita24 on 11/6/2012 12:42:03 PM

Hey GL girls! I know you've seen regular people say hey, come join my club, well, in this chatting room club, which is called Blah Blah Blah club which our ex president Lisseniere made is really awesome and I believe it deserves more people than 10, plz, I know some girls out there feel insecure or bored on GL caz you seen every post there is! So plz take the T:ME and join this club, Lisseniere gave the torch to me to keep up her club and I don't wanna fail one my good besties, thanks 4 reading this and hope you thought thoroughly. Smile

by Susmita24 on 11/6/2012 12:24:36 PM

Mod
I think I might have OCD. I've thought so for a while. I have trouble sleeping, and I can't fall asleep unless my room is clean. Also, I go through phases where I convince myself that bad things will happen if I don't do a certain thing--when I was younger I thought that if my eyes weren't closed when I turned the lights off at night, I would have nightmares and be killed in my sleep. Sometimes I get really nervous that I'm going to do something impulsive and horrible, like throwing something valuable out the window or screaming out a rude comment to someone. Then I have trouble talking to that person because I feel like I will force myself to do it. I'm I also get really anxious, to the point where I can't eat or sleep and my stomach will hurt for months at a time, especially when school starts. I've taken online quizzes, and they all say that it is likely that I have it. My parents have no idea, and I'm worried they'll just think I'm being a hypochondriac. Help!

Hey girl, I think you're worrying a bit too much here. First of all, don't trust the Internet in diagnosing disorders; trust a doctor. Sometimes the Internet can lead us to exaggerate or over focus on certain traits. I wouldn't trust it in telling you whether you have OCD, which is a very serious thing. If you are worried, a) tell your parents about the feelings you have and b) talk to a guidance counselor at your school or someone with a background in psychology (aka an expert) who can give you a better, scientific read on whether there's reason to be worried.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by pinkninja64 on 11/5/2012 5:45:31 PM

GUY TROUBLES? DOES THAT ONE GIRL GET ON YOUR NERVES? SOLVE ALL YOUR GIRL PROBLEMS HERE: http://www.girlslife.com/AdviceQueen.aspx?id=10905

by myfatsquirrel on 11/5/2012 5:37:36 PM

I'm a type 1 diabetic and I was diagnosed w/o symptoms

by stargede on 11/5/2012 6:58:33 AM

Please, please, please tell your parents!!!!! My brother was diagnosed with type one diabetes over a year ago. Don't wait till you get really sick like he did. My brother was close to death because he waited so long. PLEASE don't reach that point because it's really scary. My brother has a friend who diagnosed himself with T1D so you might be on to something. Just please check it out with a doctor before anything bad happens. If you do have diabetes,it gets a lot better. The first few months can be really hard, but it WILL get easier with time and dedication. Good luck girly! Smile

by gigishook on 11/5/2012 12:20:47 AM